View Full Version : The weather....

FishermanTim
05-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Is our weather so friggin screwed up as it is, or are most meteorologist just a bunch of crack-smoking flunkies that get paid to make idiotic guesses?

I would love to know how a forecast could change so drastically from yesterday to today? Did the earth suddenly change its rotational spin (aka 2012 disaster)? Or was it more likely that the regional weathermen and women don't really know what the hell they are talking about?
OK, maybe not all, but let's start with the genuises at the Weather Channel website.

To think, these mental giants spent how much time and money to get a job where pretty much all of their "guesses" are wrong.

Has anyone ever tried to sue the weather channel for promoting/advertising false material/information?

How many of us check the forecast and plan an outing (either land or boat) only to find that the a$$clowns that made the forecast couldn't forecast their own breakfast?

I'm not too pissed, since I wasn't planning on going anywhere this weekend.
Hopefully, like they are 99% of the time, their forecast will be wrong.

PRBuzz
05-23-2013, 05:49 PM
It is sunny and pleasant every weekend from Mem Day to Labor Day! Until Fri night/Sat morning when you look out the window.:smash:

EricW
05-23-2013, 07:53 PM
I knew the forecast yesterday wouldn't hold up. Just not in the cards.
I get excited about a long weekend where you can actually spend time outside - just too good to be true. They said it was one of the coolest springs on record and it seems so and we haven't had one of those week + washouts like we had over the past couple years. I keep saying it refuses to warm up...I hate when we head into June and it is still in the 50s and dismal......rant over.

FishermanTim
05-24-2013, 10:30 AM
I wouldn't be complaining if they were even slightly consistent in their forcasts. Let's face it, forecasting weather is really just a really good guess that cost you a lot of money to make and the tv station a lot of money to broadcast.

A monkey with a map and a dart could probably predict the weather just as accurately. Only it wouldn't cost a college education for the monkey to do so!

To coin one of my popular weatherman quips:
Weathermen are a sorry bunch......after they screw up the forecast they go on the air and say "I'm sorry..."