View Full Version : Pleasantly surprised

GregW
05-25-2013, 11:25 AM
I was headed into the Massachusetts National Cemetary to pay my respects and visit a family member. I made the turn off the rotary and the main road was packed with cars. There was not a spot open entering. I figured there must be some type of event at the base. When I finally got to the gate and saw a few people walking by I stopped to ask what was going on. I was shocked to learn that every person was there to help make sure every grave had a flag on it. Truly touching to see that many people that passionate to be out there walking those distances in the rain to make it all happen.

spence
05-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Awesome.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Higgie
05-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Nice greg
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Clammer
05-25-2013, 01:32 PM
great

jredfly
05-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Very nice and very touching.

jimmy z
05-25-2013, 07:25 PM
Not forgotten! What a nice thing this is!

BluesHarp
05-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Less that 10% of the current US population has ever served in the United States Military. About 1% of the population is currently Active Duty.

Those are small numbers given the freedom we all enjoy and the sacrifice they have provided.

God bless those brave souls who paid the ultimate price for our liberty and freedom.

Remember Memorial Day is not just another 3 day weekend and the unofficial start of summer.

JohnR
05-26-2013, 09:04 AM
We had our Scouts down at RI Veterans Cemetery yesterday morning to place flags at the headstones of the members there.

It was at least misting and at times fairly raining but no complaints from the kids as they placed their flags.

HESH2
05-26-2013, 09:18 AM
i make it a point anytime i see a serviceman in uniform i say thanks,but i don't see too many.i was at a resturant and saw older woman wheeling in her husband and i noticed a ball cap he was wearing.ball cap said purple heart vetrean,i walked over to his table and said thank you and he said no thank you.2 weeks ago i was walking road into fishing spot and noticed fisherman putting his rod into truck and asked him anything doing and he said no.i then noticed vietnam vet on license plate and said thank you for your service and he looked at me and said thanks.