View Full Version : too busy fishing to post

bassman
06-13-2003, 07:06 AM
I have not had any time untill now to post due too the fact that I am a fishing addict. We have been slaying the stripers on every incoming tide in the westport river using fresh pogy chunks and frozen herring chunks(just ran out of my herring).Almost all the bass caught have been keepers ranging from 28 to 36". Have not made it out to the islands yet. Is anyone having any luck out there? Made a few trips to hens and chickens but did not have any luck. All our action has been inside the harbor. Where are the cows?:confused: Also, I have always heard stories of how great Braytons Point is, but have not had any succsess. Anybody in the westport area with info would be appreciated. Anyway, just checking in.

Sweetieface
06-13-2003, 09:58 AM
Hey, must be nice doing all that fishing while the rest of us are STUCK at a DESK at WORK.....dreaming about doing all that fishing....

I'd be happy with a 36" this year..... at this point, I'd be happy with a 6"-ER, I've barely been out yet!!!

beachwalker
06-13-2003, 10:25 AM
Hey sweetie,

Be careful. They are some fisherman chuckling to themselves right now.

Have a great weekend and good luck !

Sparfish
06-13-2003, 12:54 PM
I've been having much success along the RI coast, falling tide around sunset. I've been trying the rubber duckies, but no success. I got a great 6 incher for ya. When I use my 6 incher (Smoke top, green sides, white bottom, popper), I've been landing keepers. It's not the size it's the wiggle!

Sweetieface
06-13-2003, 02:10 PM
:smash: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I should have known. In a room primarily male, I have been so careful for a year not to slip up..... sigh.

Fish well this weekend, gentlemen!:happy:

:rolleyes:

surf fishing IN R.I.
06-13-2003, 05:45 PM
Hay Bassman i have been going up to westport harber
fishing of the rock the one with the light on it some people call it elephant rock its right in the channel i tryed jiggs pogies
rubber hering nothing there every time i go you must have all the luck are you in a boat or off the beach

NEXT2NUN
06-13-2003, 06:22 PM
Hey Bassman, I know guys that work at Braton point,all they use is a weighted treble hook .Cast into the cooling water snag a pogie and wait for a bass to slam it. Their standing on the bulkhead casting out.I don't know if you can get in that close with a boat. It might be restricted after 911.I would stay in the river till the end of the month and enjoy the easy fishing.

likwid
06-13-2003, 07:49 PM
Cuttyhunk has been producing as expected. ;)
Need I say anything else...

bassman
06-14-2003, 07:02 AM
the rock at the mouth is called the knubble and actually I went there last night and fished the last 2 hours of the incoming tide off shore on the river side.Got a couple blues,2 stipers(25" and 35") and a few other takers that I missed.I had gotten a few fish here this year but most came from a boat further up the river near the 88 bridge.Also, I meant Brayton Point in westport, not the power plant. It is close to south shore beach in Little Compton. Sorry about the mixup and thanks for the responses. Sounds like I better find a way to cuttyhunk.