View Full Version : Weekend Plans? Wet Weekend

JohnR
06-13-2003, 07:10 AM
Another warm, sunny, east nor'east weekend for fishing :)

Good news is that full moon being locked away by the clouds - whooze fishing?

Good RI Tides that I'm gonna hit I hope - though the back is still a little rough.

Whatcha doing?

Christian
06-13-2003, 07:12 AM
small mouth and pickeral on the saco.

Clammer
06-13-2003, 07:20 AM
Fishing//////////////////////////

If the weather stays lousy=if it gets nice i,ll skip it ,cause its gonna be a zoo out there

BigBo
06-13-2003, 07:24 AM
Probably going out tomorrow night (first night trip of the season in the boat) depending on the blow. May wait until Sunday morning if it's going to be real bad.
Also working on the perpetual projact called owning a boat.
Hopefully be able to cut grass sometime this weekend. Can't even walk out in my backyard and haven't cut my daughter's (right next door) in two weeks now. This is the worst spring especially after the winter we had.:wall:

MountainBreeze
06-13-2003, 07:34 AM
Hope to get out this weekend - see how the arm will do casting. Going to stick with worms off a dock, limited casting/reeling, and maybe sling an eel or two as well.

Going to take my dad this weekend. It's kinda' special because this will only be his 2nd or 3rd time fishing ever (went w/ his grandfather when he was a kid) and the first time we have gone together! (I'm 36.)

Tight Lines and be safe!

Rob

BTW:
Happy Father's Day (Sun) to that it applies to. :gu:

striperswiper
06-13-2003, 08:14 AM
I'm taking part in the "RISAA take a kid fishing day" Sat rain or shine, going out early Sunday to look for some pogies in the upper bay...try my luck with those...

Fishpart
06-13-2003, 08:18 AM
Fishing tonight and I will get fish in spite of the NE $%^^& wind.

Find leak in the pool tomorrow and start digging :smash:

Sweetieface
06-13-2003, 08:20 AM
Fishing, of course!

This Sunday, I'm taking my boyfriend's mother and sister out to what was his favorite spot.

Cross your fingers boys, on the one year anniversary :( I wanna catch a real keeper (and then some)! :cool:

I hope to post pictures of my monster next week. (even if its a mini-me striper!!!)

Rappin Mikey
06-13-2003, 08:53 AM
Hey sweetieface, I bet you ruined a lot of our days with all that boyfriend talk. I thought you were the most eligable batchelorette on the board.:p :p :p:confused:

fishweewee
06-13-2003, 09:02 AM
Gonna soak some chunks attached to hand grenades. That should catch something even in this wind. Even if I skunk it will be like 4th of July. ;) :p :D

Wait a second, I just had an epiphany. Wonder what would happen if I replaced some of the lead in a Salty Bugger Toona Bomb with fulminate of mercury. Hmmmm.....

-WW:smash:

Sweetieface
06-13-2003, 09:09 AM
Well, RM, I'm flattered, but I wouldn't exactly call myself an eligible bachelorette. My boyfriend passed away a year ago this coming Father's Day...
That's why I am taking his family fishing.:( :(

MountainBreeze
06-13-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Sweetieface
Well, RM, I'm flattered, but I wouldn't exactly call myself an eligible bachelorette. My boyfriend passed away a year ago this coming Father's Day...
That's why I am taking his family fishing.:( :(

Sorry to hear that Sweetie! Hope you and the family enjoy the day in his honor.

beachwalker
06-13-2003, 09:39 AM
Out last night for some casting. Lot's of bloos swarming about. Pushing bait around like plow's !

Managed to pick-up a 32" ish from underneath them. Used the rubber and sunk it down through them. At first it felt like a bloo but then the slow, stubborn pulls began !!!!!!!!

After dark I really thought things would heat up but it was eerily quiet. Spoke to a friend who fished the west-end and they were there. I missed em' but that is how it is sometimes.

Tonight should be fishy, but that is what I thought last night, so.

Looks as though the winds will behave and the rainy day should be today and only part of tomorrow. Let's cheer up and see what we find.

Best of Luck all !!

:nailem:

Rappin Mikey
06-13-2003, 09:44 AM
I'm real sorry. Good luck on your trip.

UserRemoved1
06-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Love you WEEWEE :p

I gotta send u some of the new tails.......

UserRemoved1
06-13-2003, 10:03 AM
And i'm spinning with any time I got this weekend.....new sooooooper seakret plug.....and WEE WEE will want one...or 3 or 4 :p

JohnR
06-13-2003, 10:09 AM
Everyone have a good & safe time...

Sweetieface - just this time last year we also lost a member of this board and others, a friend of many, and a class guy in Ken Scwham - 10x10 - he also died fishing and he will also be sorely missed.

http://www.striped-bass.com/gallery/gal3/fullimages/10x10_mvc-656s_f.jpg

It was a tough time for a lot of us. Saltheart was sick, my dad had just passed away and we lost 10x10.

Adamfishes
06-13-2003, 10:47 AM
So last weekend it was pouring and me and my friend caught like 15 large mouth bass at Lake X heh around 3-7 pounds and a pickerel about 32 inches maybe a state record my friend was saying crazy fishing in the rain!

BigFish
06-13-2003, 12:55 PM
:bounce: Fathers Day is supposed to be nice and my plan is to take my two boys out (9 and10) and chunk a couple of rods and try to get them hooked up with their first ever keepers. That would be a great Fathers Day.:uhuh:

Sweetieface
06-13-2003, 02:05 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about 10x10. Its never easy to lose a friend.

So we shall fish in honor of them this weekend, those of us fishing, for 10x10 Ken Scwham and Carl Simonds Jr.
And may our stripers be long and fat, our lines be tight, and our hearts be proud :spin:

I would like to kick off this weekend at 3:04 pm EST (mentally I am already on the water -though I type at my desk) when I bid you all a FANTASTIC weekend full of those slimy finned-friends of ours who chase our bait and jigs.

Let everyone have a safe and bountiful :heybaby: weekend, stay SAFE, eat lots, drink even more :cheers: (but safely) and to all you dads in the room:

HAVE A HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!
:beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat::beat: :beat: :beat::beat: :beat: :beat: :beat:

Fisherwoman
06-13-2003, 02:59 PM
SweetieFace, I hope you adventures and rememberence trurnout to be big fish on the end of your line. Positive mental attidtude will get it done. Lot of fish working there way to your area.

We will have clients tomorrow and then hopefully Baitcaster and I will get a day out on Sunday to celebrate his fathers day. We were out in the harbor yesterday and the weather wasn;t that great either but did manage to hook up a 34 1/2 lb bass by a fellow from the Lurh Jensen Lure company. He was pumped, was a beautiful Bass.

Happy Fathers Day to all you dads out there. May there be many tight lines, and may the fellow fishermen we lost be looking down and smiling at us, as we remember them.

blackeye
06-13-2003, 04:46 PM
me and my old lady will be pounding the surf in narragansett saturday nite till sunday morning slinging eels at my father's old haunts. I'm hoping to hold up that 50 that he never caught high in the air and show him that he taught me well.

likwid
06-13-2003, 07:52 PM
Back to that big ole pile of rocks at the end again...

So many fish
So little time...

Time to hoof it and try a couple new spots there though...

beachwalker
06-14-2003, 11:20 AM
And then put him back down and into the water please :soon: