View Full Version : GD Air Conditioner

Saltheart
06-01-2013, 04:52 PM
When will your Air Conditioner die? When its 90 degrees for 3 days running!. Turned on the airco Thursday and it ran great...for 30 seconds , then the fan died. Now its old and has been a good performer but it sure would have been nice to get past this weeks heat wave. i already have a new one in house but did not want to install the new one in 90 degree heat! Toughest part is getting the old one out as I always build things like they were battle ships so it was a fight to get that old one loose from its attachments and out the window it went. After a breather here I will put in the new one which should be fairly easy.

Tonight , despite temps dropping to 68 or so , the relative humidity it predicted to be over 80%! :wall:

Thank you for indulging my grumpiness! :)

FishermanTim
06-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Come on, surely you've heard of Murphy's Law?

Things break or run down, or run out at the worst possible trime.
That's how the world works!
I have an AC in my bedroom that I refuse to use as it's just not a requirement for me. I survive with a window fan (and good window placement).

BigFish
06-04-2013, 04:21 AM
Of course air conditioners only croak when you need them....same as windshield wipers....they only #^&#^&#^&#^& the bed when its raining! One of those things!

Saltheart
06-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Yes , of course its going to crap out when you are using it and yes you use air conditioners when its hot. Now I have gone through a lot of airco's. they eventually just don't put out nice cold air. this is the first on I ever had that simply stopped blowing any kind of air.

Anyway ,got the old one loose and pushed it out the window. , rolled it to the curb end over end from where it landed below the window , new one is in , old one was on the street 10 minutes when a "scrappy" came by and grabbed it.

All in all a good ending to an aggrevating story. :)