View Full Version : Mermaids

Mr. Sandman
06-03-2013, 03:35 PM
I watched the show the other night. Weird to say the least. I don't have any facts and know little about the subject other than what I saw but I think that we what we have here is a group something like Greenpeace sponsoring this fellow to appear like "an independent expert" in an effort to stop the Military in developing sonar weapons by engaging the public in an outcry to save the humanoid creatures.

But if they are real it would be cool! I am keeping my eyes out this year for them ;)

That is my take. What do you think?

Rockport24
06-03-2013, 04:09 PM
The animal planet show was a fictitious documentary (they admit it here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/27/mermaids-the-new-evidence_n_3343773.html), all those people are just actors, but I thought they did a great job on it!

PRBuzz
06-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Never know what will turn up in a GoPro dredge, keep trolling!

WESTPORTMAFIA
06-03-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm glad they came out and said it was fake. I don't know how many people had to tell me the whole story about how mermaids are real:smash:

Haus
06-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Mermaids are now under Obamacare and our health insurance is going up 15%
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Uncle Rob
06-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Gee; when I was with Strike Zone Charters out of Big Pine Key Fl. we had one come right up to the boats and drink fresh water out of our wash down hose, I think it was one?

BluesHarp
06-04-2013, 05:14 AM
Like I tell my kids, don't believe everything you see on Sponge Bob Square Pants.

WESTPORTMAFIA
06-04-2013, 06:50 AM
Gee; when I was with Strike Zone Charters out of Big Pine Key Fl. we had one come right up to the boats and drink fresh water out of our wash down hose, I think it was one?

Lol

DZ
06-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Haven't seen any mermaids yet.... but I've seen Zombies at the south end of Block Island during new moon nights in November.

Rockfish9
06-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Just watching the adds was enough to make me not watch it... they need to dispose with the big foot foolishness as well..Generaly they have pretty good programs... sometimes I think they, like discovery channel throow things against the wall to see what will stick.. there are some real gullible people out there... elsewise.. the Kardashians woulndt make the first months rent.

Rockport24
06-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Amen to that! The mermaid show was Animal Planet's most watched show ever! that says a lot...

piemma
06-04-2013, 09:36 AM

What the hell were you smoking???????:rotf2:

FishermanTim
06-04-2013, 09:47 AM
You know they are reaching for an audience when Jeremy Wade from "River Monsters" does a Loch Ness episode, and pretty much gives up and goes fishing in Iceland instead.

Maybe they can do a show that explains where pool turds come from, so we know exactly who to blame?

JackK
06-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Mermaids are real. Didn't you guys watch the show?

Rockfish9
06-04-2013, 11:18 AM
You know they are reaching for an audience when Jeremy Wade from "River Monsters" does a Loch Ness episode, and pretty much gives up and goes fishing in Iceland instead.

Maybe they can do a show that explains where pool turds come from, so we know exactly who to blame?

that show aggrivated me as well... I generally like his programs/approach... that one had me changing the channel as well...

The Iceman 6
06-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Just the other day I saw a Mermaid and a Squatch.

Rockport24
06-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Did you see the Squatch in Rhode Island? LOL! That damn show has got to be the most ridiculous thing ever... what's crazy is I bet those idiots get paid a decent amount to carry on like a bunch of gullible dimwits and claim its all for science!

BluesHarp
06-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Mermaids, Sasquatch, Space Aliens, the Loch Ness Monster, 100lb Striped Bass and Honest Politicians and all fictional creatures.

Ok - I'll still hedging on the 100lb Striped Bass, it could happen...

5/0
06-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Just watching the adds was enough to make me not watch it... they need to dispose with the big foot foolishness as well...

Yeah I hear you there,did you also know that Bigfoot HQ is in Dorchester?
Of all places two words for ya"Obama care"

Lmao!!

Raven
06-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Bigfoot central is in Hanover :grins:

and Joe don't be LUMPING big feet with mermaids together
that's like making a tuna fish and peanut butter sandwich....

the Bigfoot phenomenon has a need of a separate thread.

sightings of big foot and a race of GIANTS
that were hunted to extinction
have been going on for a thousand years....
worldwide...

Fibrestar
06-04-2013, 08:56 PM
WOAH!! What the Mermaid show as a fake? So they aren't real? I guess I'll take the rubbers out of my plug bag then :happy:

WESTPORTMAFIA
06-04-2013, 09:47 PM
WOAH!! What the Mermaid show as a fake? So they aren't real? I guess I'll take the rubbers out of my plug bag then :happy:
Lmfao

bart
06-05-2013, 04:28 AM

I also had a brief stint on Big Pine and witnessed similar things as well :confused: :buds:

onecastmike2003
06-05-2013, 05:37 AM
I know Dude who wé call bigfoot friggin 6 foot 6 and 300 lbs .
Hes à bad Ass Indian

Clogston29
06-05-2013, 06:30 AM
Mermaids are real, they're just extinct. Bigfoots are endangered.

Haus
06-06-2013, 12:49 AM
Aliens are real. There are over 5 million of them in America.

OLD GOAT
06-06-2013, 08:24 AM
Just go to you tube, music and look up mermaid sung by -The Great Big Sea.

WESTPORTMAFIA
06-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Aliens are real. There are over 5 million of them in America.

Lol. I love this thread

Raven
06-06-2013, 09:32 AM
well i just have to tell you.....

and everyone will laugh or laugh again.... :uhuh:

When you see a real UFO ....cigar shaped
approximately 600 feet long or larger that's as motionless as an oak tree
suddenly turn and jet off into the distance so fast ...that in two seconds
it's about the size of a number 2 pencil off in the distance
and this strange light as a feather "light gray stuff" comes floating down
like cotton candy (can't collect it as it's evaporating....)

it's no longer a laughing mater @ that point.... it's a religion.