View Full Version : Head lights for wet suiting

Liv2Fish
06-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Who likes what for head lights when wet suiting. The one I have has been decent for wader fishing but I plan to spend most of the summer in the wet suit.

I have a dive light that I wear around my neck that seems to work ok but sucks to hold in my mouth when trying to unhook huge fish.....

JLH
06-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Underwater Kinetics Vizion has held up well for me so far.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

bloocrab
06-03-2013, 11:35 PM
The Rayovac that I've been using for years is (of course) discontinued. Best light I've ever had. Outlasted back-up lights used on off-set trips > go figure < Looking at the Pelican 2720 right now...may give it a try. The sensory feature sounds interesting. "Water-Resistant" is normally sufficient for my wet-suiting needs, I've taken uncountable waves over the head, Rayovac keeps ticking, let's hope the Pelican has a good seal.

I actually have the opposite problem that you do...I have a much harder time taking off the small ones,,, day or night....:fishin:....Happy Hooking!!!

Sorry, I know that didn't help much, Like you... I guess I'm interested in what others are using (w/success) lately....gotta remember, they aren't going to make them bullet-proof though - because they need you coming back for more every few years...

ivanputski
06-03-2013, 11:49 PM
What JLH said... UK VIZION and the search is over.

I have destroyed at least 15 lights and was on a first name basis with the princeton tec warranty dept. woman for their "waterproof tactical light" which
was replaced 5 times... never lasted a season.

trust me... UK vizion... or you will be posting the same question after whatever other light you buy dies

bloocrab
06-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Going to give them a try.
Thanks ~

Jackbass
06-04-2013, 05:41 AM
Tape a football mouth guard to the dive light all headlamps have issues. Light in the wrong place etc.

Clogston29
06-04-2013, 07:09 AM
uk vizion as others have said. probably get a season, maybe two out of one if you fish alot. better than anything else i've found. usually get a decent deal on amazon.

angler229
06-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Do you have to cycle through all the light settings with the UK vision each time you use it?

ivanputski
06-04-2013, 10:25 AM
No cycling at all... its push-on, push off. If you want red light you have to physically turn a cylinder which moves a red filter over the light... so if you want, it can be red all the time.