View Full Version : 1st GW sighting

WESTPORTMAFIA
06-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Cape Cod beach shut at great white shark sighting - ABC6 - Providence, RI and New Bedford, MA News, Weather (http://www.abc6.com/story/22542533/cape-cod-beach-shut-at-great-white-shark-sighting)

Jackbass
06-10-2013, 04:04 AM
I was down there and no buzz about it. Getting used to this stuff on the lower cape. I have only seen one once on Nauset light in Eastham. The first year they were buzzing about em. Granted the population is increasing. But I have a friend who works at woods hole. I asked him what the story was if they were just finding the seals now etc. he basically told me they have always been around to one extent or another. Just now people are seein them.

I have known surfers that have been chased out of the water down towards the cut in Eastham by big makos and big blue dogs as long as 8 years ago. The sharks have always been on cape.

I only hope they come and decimate the food source. There are just too many damn seals.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR
06-10-2013, 07:03 AM
They have always been there but there are now more of them and as the food source moves into the people beaches, so does Mr Shark

Mike P
06-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Hard to believe that anyone would actually want to go swimming at Nauset, this time of the year. :)

vineyardblues
06-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Was in the cold water yesterday .....and it was cold
No fish BTW ><> ---
We did notice a CoastGard helicopters and a jet black one flying over head for a while