View Full Version : Ramp Burn

Guppy
06-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Wondering if anyone could suggest a decent ramp for me. I'm bringing the boat up to Attleboro while I help my son build a stone patio towards the end of this week. Always wanted to take a look around up there,,,, I dun no! Warwick? Barrington? maybe further south. Not looking forward to hauling a boat thru Providence....

crash and burn :smash:

TIA,,, Gup

bassballer
06-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Theres a ramp in somerset thats nice. I forget the name of it. Maybe someone knows it. Quick ride from attleboro through rehoboth back roads.

macojoe
06-10-2013, 01:56 PM
its called the somerset boat ramp. on the taunton river right to the entrance to mt hope bay, nice area! nice looking at battle ship cove, braga bridge, use to be great fishing in the spring when the herrin ran up the river. have not fished there in years now

Guppy
06-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Thanks guys, I'll take a look

Joe, wife doing better I hope, t&p

macojoe
06-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Thanks for asking, Gup she is doing better, and has been home now a couple of weeks, went to the doc today and he said all ok for now

I have your cooler here. I like to return it to ya?? Just let me know how?

Guppy
06-11-2013, 06:09 AM
I have your cooler here. I like to return it to ya?? Just let me know how?

I'll pick it up some day,,, :)

fish4striper
06-11-2013, 06:34 AM
I lauch at Haines Park. Best ramp around. Go down 152, avoid Providence.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Guppy
06-11-2013, 09:37 AM

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&cid=1851180398596814625&q=Haines+Memorial+State+Park&iwloc=A&gl=US&hl=en-US

Looks good! Thanks for that
Gup

timmah
06-11-2013, 09:42 AM

Make sure to mind the channel ALL the way out, very skinny water on either side. Great Ramp.

Hookedagain
06-11-2013, 11:23 AM
The Somerset ramp is nice but for some reason they think its a super ramp and charge $8 a day. Across the river in Fall River that ramp is brandy new and FREE. Check it out it by the war memorial at Bicentennial Park.

bloocrab
06-12-2013, 09:02 PM
they think its a super ramp and charge $8 a day

If we're talking about the Swansea ramp, I heard that the beach parking >even for town residents is $8 too.

Fall River is great, ...a bit steep on dead-low so bring good rubber if you're towing large....If fishing at night, I suggest you don't leave any valuables in the truck and watch your backside, that boat-ramp area is a hang-out for undesirables. :devil2:

wdmso
06-14-2013, 08:10 AM
Stay away from the somerset Ramp it will take you 30 mins to get out of the river its small and the cross current sucks , Go to Swansea boat ramp its bigger its an easier in and out and its right off the Highway and it dumps you right out into the Bay and last i knew it was 5 bucks and a lot of parking

Guppy
06-14-2013, 08:38 AM
Stay away from the somerset Ramp it will take you 30 mins to get out of the river its small and the cross current sucks , Go to Swansea boat ramp its bigger its an easier in and out and its right off the Highway and it dumps you right out into the Bay and last i knew it was 5 bucks and a lot of parking

Thanks for that! I'll have a look see :)
Grrrrrrrr with the weather, Gup

Guppy
06-18-2013, 06:39 PM

Yes, very nice set up,,,,,
on the road by 4 and underway little after 5,,, can't beat it with a stick! :)

Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions (http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?zoom=9&oldmmsi=913030646&olddate=6/18/2013) 9:25:00 AM

and my first RI fish (and he's still there ),,,, on PM's MakoJoe #6,,,

awesome piece of the world down there,,, you RI guys must have spots up the zar zoo. Next time I'm going much further south,,,, love the coastline I fished today and those got to be the biggest pogies I've ever seen,,, the blues had a ball! :wall:

Thanks Jeff,,,, I'll be in touch, Gup