View Full Version : Dumber than a boga......

numbskull
06-11-2013, 08:02 AM
....smells worse, too. Goes out and gets 'em for ya, though.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/Quissett/tailgrab2.jpg (http://s438.photobucket.com/user/Quissett/media/tailgrab2.jpg.html)

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/Quissett/tailgrab1.jpg (http://s438.photobucket.com/user/Quissett/media/tailgrab1.jpg.html)

PRBuzz
06-11-2013, 08:11 AM
Is that why you put 2 hooks on a plug?

DZ
06-11-2013, 08:13 AM
What a sweet face. Thanks for sharing George. Just lost my 11 year old golden in April.

DZ

bart
06-11-2013, 08:36 AM
always love the dog pics. You need to bring Jack (Mike's lab) along for a training session with all the pencil-fish he's been fooling...

Nebe
06-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Is he a fish licker?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

numbskull
06-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Yup.
http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/Quissett/fishkiss.jpg (http://s438.photobucket.com/user/Quissett/media/fishkiss.jpg.html)

bassballer
06-11-2013, 09:37 AM
I took my lab out fishing the other day, but when we started hooking up the Fluke would come to the surface she would pounce over the side and try eating it. It was hilarious. Every fish we hooked up to she was over the side going crazy.

i put the vest on so i can lift her back in the boat. Without it its a PIA.

piemma
06-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Schnauzer Power

Back Beach
06-11-2013, 11:12 AM
I hope you crushed the barbs...

Rockfish9
06-11-2013, 11:26 AM
nice pictures George... sweet looking dog...my lab/britteny mix used to jump out of the boat to retrive the eels... she also ATE any fish caught while ice fishing...

Back Beach
06-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Call me a one upper if you will...mine herds dinosaurs, licks fish and drives tractors:

numbskull
06-11-2013, 12:05 PM
The best fishing dog story ever belongs to Sauerkraut.

He was living with a woman who had two goldens. The big male was a very active dog. He and Sauerkraut hit it off. They went fishing in his 16 ft whaler for fluke. When Alan had his back turned the dog ate all the squid. Disgusted, he reeled in and started put things away but when he looked up again the golden was sitting there with a dumb grin and Alan's leader hanging out of his mouth. Yup, his girlfriend's golden had just eaten the last piece of bait....the piece with the line and hook attached.

Alan just reached over and cut the leader at the dog's lip and never said a word to his girlfriend. The dog did fine. Must have passed the hook without it turning inside his gut.

bassballer
06-11-2013, 12:31 PM
The best fishing dog story ever belongs to Sauerkraut.

He was living with a woman who had two goldens. The big male was a very active dog. He and Sauerkraut hit it off. They went fishing in his 16 ft whaler for fluke. When Alan had his back turned the dog ate all the squid. Disgusted, he reeled in and started put things away but when he looked up again the golden was sitting there with a dumb grin and Alan's leader hanging out of his mouth. Yup, his girlfriend's golden had just eaten the last piece of bait....the piece with the line and hook attached.

Alan just reached over and cut the leader at the dog's lip and never said a word to his girlfriend. The dog did fine. Must have passed the hook without it turning inside his gut.

:rotf2: gotta love dogs

afterhours
06-11-2013, 01:18 PM
:rotf2: gotta love dogs

dogs are the best, some of my best friends are dogs.

piemma
06-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Had a big German Shepard named Gab who was just the nicest dog in the world. I had a rod leaning on the bumper of my truck with the plug and a teaser hanging off it. Gab ate the teaser. Luckily is was stuck in his mouth. I cut the leader and raced to the vet in Cumberland. Ran in the door and the dog shook his head and, yup, the teaser came flying out. Dr Garbott laughed his ass of but gave the dog a tetanus shot just to be sure.

bart
06-11-2013, 02:02 PM
I gotta teach this guy to fish(after all his name is Bait). Notice he's being a good boy and leaving the shad alone on the dash board.

vineyardblues
06-11-2013, 02:14 PM
I was on the highway on sunday and passed a car with a dog in the back seat with sunglasses on :) funny as chit with his head out the window
Looked like he worked for Disney

Raven
06-11-2013, 07:41 PM
had a black lab that would swim out after i cast my plug
which was a pain in the butt as i had to retrieve it away
so he never grabbed it in the water like it was a retriever dummy.

i later discovered he was inadvertantly herding the fish so i'd throw it
out there, then do a rapid retrieve, then fire it way to the left or right of the dog
and the fish were honing in on the disturbance trying to see what it was.

MAKAI
06-11-2013, 11:37 PM
It's a dogs life.
I can only hope to come back as a well loved dog.

bassballer
06-12-2013, 12:20 PM
It's a dogs life.
I can only hope to come back as a well loved dog.

Truer words have never been spoken. My dogs sleep, eat, go to the beach, go out on the boat, hike, sleep and eat. Thats my retirment.

Saltheart
06-12-2013, 12:53 PM
May be dumber than a boga but a more loyal companion you'll never find.

nightfighter
06-12-2013, 02:52 PM
This dog can hunt! Atta boy!

nightfighter
06-12-2013, 02:56 PM
I have my brother's yellow lab quite a bit. Last week I took her for a swim. Took me over an hour to get her to come in. Wouldn't let go of a lobster buoy she was trying to "retrieve".....

Vogt
06-12-2013, 04:17 PM
I like dogs a lot more than most of the humans I've met.

bassballer
06-13-2013, 10:30 AM
I have my brother's yellow lab quite a bit. Last week I took her for a swim. Took me over an hour to get her to come in. Wouldn't let go of a lobster buoy she was trying to "retrieve".....

haha. If i throw a stick or ball out next to a mooring or bouy shes not coming back for 20 minutes.

Finaddict
06-13-2013, 10:00 PM
An old boss of mine had a lab that got into his tackle box ... the poor thing wound up getting a lure with treble hooks in each lip so it could not open it's mouth.

He took it to the vet, where the vet removed the hooks ... afterward the dog threw up ... the contents of the vomit ...

... a number of green, plastic army men, a few toy cars and some other toys, and a balled up pair of socks.

Another friend of mine who used to build wooden row boats for Mystic Seaport had a chocolate lab. We rowed out to Ram Island from the Seaport ... we got out on the shoreline, and the lab walked up to a dead seagull that washed up and ate the entire thing in one bite, and then upchucked the same seagull within seconds ... it didn't last in the dog's belly more than a second ... one of the craziest and disgusting things I've ever seen.

Liv2Fish
06-14-2013, 08:23 AM
This dog can hunt! Atta boy!

"Hell Yea I'm gonna sniff it, that's what I do"

FishnGrega
06-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Love watching my dog trying to catch a fish after I release it looking around the water, dunking his head and trying to drag "what he thinks" is a fish to shore lol