View Full Version : Catch at the Canal this morning

Guppy
06-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Not me, this guy dragging an eel
guy next down to me says it's pretty common,,, pleasure to see such stuff

breaking fish in front of me last night,,, two casts before a barge goes thru,,,:wall:, but that's another story

getting addicted to the canal, Gup

hookedonbass
06-13-2013, 06:42 PM
the canal bite was pretty decent Tuesday morning..

ProfessorM
06-13-2013, 07:13 PM
those minks are cool to watch. Yes pretty common. Been a beauty of a fox running around the cape side last few weeks. Seen a deer on RR tracks this past week and 2 coyotes.

iamskippy
06-13-2013, 07:16 PM
those minks are cool to watch. Yes pretty common. Been a beauty of a fox running around the cape side last few weeks. Seen a deer on RR tracks this past week and 2 coyotes.

Did you point out the signs to the deer? Dont wanna see it get a ticket.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnnySaxatilis
06-13-2013, 09:03 PM
The minks are sneaky. Is it just me or are there a lot of foxes around this year? golf course was loaded today

WESTPORTMAFIA
06-13-2013, 09:56 PM
The Minks are awesome. They will grab onto your eel and let you pick them up, spin them around and toss them in the water just to swim back and do it again and again until you get bored and stop laughing. They will even jump off the rocks into the water to get your eel. Just make sure when your done playing with them to give them a snack or they will try to kill you!

Jackbass
06-14-2013, 04:21 AM
http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t506/markpirani/null_zpscb039987.jpg

It is a fierce creature.

JohnnySaxatilis
06-14-2013, 06:09 AM
you need the holy hand grenade to get rid of them sometimes....

spence
06-14-2013, 06:26 AM
Mink raided my pond once. They'll kill the fish and just eat the guts.

iamskippy
06-14-2013, 07:45 AM
They will try and loot you gear, little thief's. Make sure you dont leave your bags open.

Slipknot
06-14-2013, 07:52 AM

saw the same fox twice 2 weeks in a row

minks are everywhere, fun to watch

WPM Jay you are gonna be reincarnated as a mink:uhuh::uhuh: :hs:
they are cool animals

BigFish
06-14-2013, 07:55 AM
First trip down there this season Slip that fox followed me....same spot! Must have a den over the hill behind that bench!:uhuh:

JohnnySaxatilis
06-14-2013, 08:58 AM
Gotcha! couple weeks ago near the middle

Rob Rockcrawler
06-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Thats a good looking fox. Must be well fed down there.

FishermanTim
06-14-2013, 11:15 AM
They have probably just had their litter and are looking for easy prey (our bait) to feed their kitts.

I'd be more concerned if it were out at midday instead of early morning.
Same for any coyote, skunk, possum or raccoon.
When nocturnal animals are out in broad daylight, there may be a health issue at hand, so be wary!!!

Swimmer
06-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Would anyone be surprised if those little animals were wild ferrets, introduced to the canal because they are a natural predator to the RATS that use to infest the place. And I was there last night till 11 p.m. and the only thing I saw and caught was a 3 # bloofish. It was interesting seeing the two barges go by each other though. Guppy were you capeside?

Swimmer
06-17-2013, 07:58 PM
First trip down there this season Slip that fox followed me....same spot! Must have a den over the hill behind that bench!:uhuh:

I know where you were. That same fox was walking right up to me until my bike fell over when I was grabbing for my gaff to end its, well I leave it at that. You might find out that Deval Patrick had the fox dropped in the area so his friends on the weekend train would have interesting chit to look at. Why dfo you think the woods got trimmed before the train started up

blondterror
06-17-2013, 08:12 PM
That fox was out and about at 9Am the last time I was at the canal... bold fox