View Full Version : Obamacare cancelled by White House until 2015

justplugit
07-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Great political move to soften the disaster until after the 2014 election.
This is a run away train that needs to be stopped by Congressional defunding.
A recent Fox poll shows 66% polled were against the plan up from 52% a year ago.
Even the sheeple are starting to take off their blindfolds.

Raven
07-03-2013, 10:01 AM
dodging the bullet is the way many things are fixed easily avoiding the issue
by pulling the ole procrastination .....swept under the rug trick.

FishermanTim
07-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Who will be blamed for this proverbial fustercluck?
How far back into presidential history will they go to pass the buck when this hits the fan?

Usually when any plan starts getting delayed, it's a sign that the plan won't work, won't save ANY money, cost people their jobs and cost 10 times the original estimate......kind of like the BIG DIG.

Yet here we are still being sold on this miracle plan from our revered political savior and his worthless flunkies...... sort of like the BIG DIG!

Hopefully the "sheeple" will wipe the obamagunk out of their eyes and see the man for what he truly is......inexperienced, unreliable and untrustworthy.

Raven
07-03-2013, 10:17 AM
subject: politics as usual....

but this is hilarious
:point: Christie threatened to use the f-bomb in GOP convention speech – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/02/christie-threatened-to-use-the-f-bomb-in-gop-convention-speech/?hpt=hp_t3)

Jim in CT
07-04-2013, 12:06 PM
When the liberals in charge are the ones who decided to postpone the implementation until after the election, isn't that the same thing as admitting that even they realize that implementation hurts their chances of retaining the Senate, and isn't that the same thing as their knowing that it's a crappy idea?

This was Obama's baby, and even he sees that implementing it, will mean fewer votes? Doesn't that mean it was a lousy idea? And liberals here want to chime in?

spence
07-04-2013, 01:25 PM
It's not cancelled, they just delayed one part of a provision. From what I've read it's not that big of a deal.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT
07-04-2013, 02:25 PM
It's not cancelled, they just delayed one part of a provision. From what I've read it's not that big of a deal.

Let's try to be a little bit honest here.

The part being delayed, is the part that requires small and medium businesses to provide Obamacare to employees, or face fines. That piece of the bill impacts a huge number of Americans who own or work at small businesses.

Spence, if the administration concedes that implementing that part of the bill before a key election (Democrats defending 21 Senate seats, GOP only 14) is not in their best interests, isn't that tantamount to the administration conceding that it's a terrible idea?

spence
07-04-2013, 03:04 PM
The part being delayed, is the part that requires small and medium businesses to provide Obamacare to employees, or face fines. That piece of the bill impacts a huge number of Americans who own or work at small businesses.
That's not true. The year delay is for the entire mandate which exempts most small business. Also 96% of these employees are already covered by their employers.

Hence, not a huge deal.

Spence, if the administration concedes that implementing that part of the bill before a key election (Democrats defending 21 Senate seats, GOP only 14) is not in their best interests, isn't that tantamount to the administration conceding that it's a terrible idea?

No, it means the treasury department isn't ready to enforce it.

Fly Rod
07-04-2013, 04:08 PM
10 to 12 states have basically bowed out of Obama's healthcare due to the expansion of medicaid of which will leave the poor without insurance. If you take the government poverty level $11,400 single and $23,500 for family of four can only get coverage through obamacare medicaid expansion. Read the other day where 2 out of 3 poor people will not have insurance. Also the claim is that about 62 percent of young people will not get on board. there are other states that may bow out too leaving obama care in shambles.

What happened to Obamas promise that we would have coverage just like him???? I'm sure most of us remember that, sure one person will twist it and I wonder who that is.

Jim in CT
07-04-2013, 04:45 PM
That's not true. The year delay is for the entire mandate which exempts most small business. Also 96% of these employees are already covered by their employers.

Hence, not a huge deal.

"Also 96% of these employees are already covered by their employers"

Is it that high? if so, how do we have so many uninsured? Got data to support that?

" it means the treasury department isn't ready to enforce it"

They've had what, 3 or 4 years to get ready? So it's just a coincidence that the Obama administration took off the table, the issue that single-handedly led to an ass-whooping in the 2010 midterms, in advance of the 2014 midterms. Just a coincidence, nothing to see there?

justplugit
07-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Did it ever make any sense to change our whole Healthcare System to accommodate 10% of the population that didn't have insurance?
Of course not. There could have been a separate program for those folks similar to Medicare where a system is already tried and true.
Obamacare was done for one reason only, to expand the size and dependence on Big G. How could it ever be cheaper when they needed to add 16,000 IRS jobs to oversee it let alone all the other people programs, tracking programs and other expenses.
Companies that will now come into your business to work up a plan for your employee's to comply with Obamacare are already advertising on TV. $$$$
Small business's have no clue what to do except downsize to less then 50 employees or hire part time people.
Already Docs are not doing lab work from their offices as it's extra time and therefore you have to make another appt. and wait again to go to an outside lab for your blood work.The waiting times are already backing up both in offices and labs.

PaulS
07-05-2013, 10:35 AM
"Also 96% of these employees are already covered by their employers"

Is it that high? if so, how do we have so many uninsured? Got data to support that?

The majority of the employed in this country work for companies that have fewer than 50ees.

The centerpiece of the program is the individual mandate, not this piece.

I'm sure the midterm elections played a small part in the decision.

fishbones
07-05-2013, 10:49 AM

Hence, not a huge deal.

Spence, many of the employees already covered by their employers are going to end up on the Obamacare plan because they don't make enough money to continue with their employer sponsored plan.

You throw numbers out there that look nice for your argument, but you haven't done any research to know what the real ramifications of the plan are for both the employers and the employees.

Jim in CT
07-06-2013, 08:39 AM
The majority of the employed in this country work for companies that have fewer than 50ees.

The centerpiece of the program is the individual mandate, not this piece.

I'm sure the midterm elections played a small part in the decision.

Fair enough...

spence
07-06-2013, 01:18 PM

That's not true, the slight majority work for companies with fewer than 500 employees.

-spence

scottw
07-07-2013, 05:07 AM
this is great.....

‘The fiasco for the ages’.....at the very least:uhuh:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/5/pruden-obamacare-called-fiasco-ages/print/

remember also that those not working(leaving the workforce) or working part time is increasing and overall, those dependent on some sort of government assistance is increasing...those with good paying full time jobs to create the revenue to support these programs is decreasing...

"Of the 144 million Americans employed last month, only 116 million were working full-time. Friday's report showed that 58.7% of the civilian adult population of 245 million was working last month. Only 47% of Americans, however, had a full-time job.

The market's positive reaction to Friday's report is another sign of how far our economic expectations have fallen. If today the same proportion of Americans worked as just a decade ago, there would be almost 9 million more people working. Just in the last year, almost 2 million Americans have left the labor force. With a majority of the population not holding a full-time job, it isn't surprising that economic growth has been so weak.

In June, the number of Americans who wanted to work full-time, but were forced into part-time jobs because of the economy, jumped 352,000 to over 8 million."

I'll say it for him...."that's not true!!!" :biglaugh:

scottw
07-07-2013, 05:26 AM
Spence, many of the employees already covered by their employers are going to end up on the Obamacare plan because they don't make enough money to continue with their employer sponsored plan.

You throw numbers out there that look nice for your argument, but you haven't done any research to know what the real ramifications of the plan are for both the employers and the employees.

I located the problem...

From what I've read it's not that big of a deal.

justplugit
07-07-2013, 07:46 AM
From what I've read it's not that big of a deal.

Spence, you been reading the comics again? :wavey:

spence
07-07-2013, 07:49 AM

What does this have to do with a 1 year extension on the employee mandate?

-spence

scottw
07-07-2013, 08:35 AM
That's not true

-spence

we can now accurately say this regarding just about everything Obama, his administration and the dems told us about Obamacare before they rammed it through:uhuh:

Nebe
07-07-2013, 09:21 AM

-spence

Re-elections

spence
07-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Re-elections

Context.

-spence

scottw
07-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post

.................................................. .....................

-spence

they need to delay it to get past the election because the cluster bleep that is obamacare is not yet prepared to handle the mess(and will never be) that will result if the mandate goes into effect when it was required to and then leading up to the mid-terms...could be a slaughter....

"that's not true":biglaugh:

justplugit
07-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Re-elections

:hihi: , plus the fact it's so complicated it can't be implemented.
I would bet there are few, if any even now, that read and understand it in it's
entirety.
I doubt even an Obamacare for Dummies Book could simplify it.

spence
07-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post

.................................................. .....................

-spence

they need to delay it to get past the election because the cluster bleep that is obamacare is not yet prepared to handle the mess(and will never be) that will result if the mandate goes into effect when it was required to ..... which happens to be right around election time....

"that's not true":biglaugh:

If they're already on an employer plan, why would the delay in the employer mandate force them onto a govt plan? This doesn't make a lot of sense.

And I like how you mix and match responses.

-spence

scottw
07-07-2013, 12:35 PM
If they're already on an employer plan, why would the delay in the employer mandate force them onto a govt plan? .

-spence

no one has said this...try to pay attention

And I like how you mix and match nonsense when you have nowhere left to go.:uhuh:

spence
07-07-2013, 12:42 PM
no one has said this...try to pay attention

In context of this thread, that's exactly what Bones said...hence my asking for clarification.

-spece

scottw
07-07-2013, 01:16 PM
In context of this thread, that's exactly what Bones said...hence my asking for clarification.

-spece

that's not what he said...

A) it does not exempt "most" small businesses....maybe half if you define small business as less that 500 employees...the exemption being for 50 employees or fewer..

The Obama administration announced Tuesday that it’s delaying until 2015 a key component of the health reform law — the requirement for employers with 50 workers or more to offer them insurance or face a penalty.

B) the mandate "delay" isn't what will force employees onto Obamacare....the already implemented parts that are driving up healthcare/insurance premium costs together with implementation of the mandate and it's requirements will drive employees into Obamacare which was always intended, only a moron would argue otherwise:uhuh:

small businesses with fewer than 50 employees or who have reduced employee hours to avoid the mandate will eventually dump the employees into Obamacare as the costs escalate and become unaffordable for either or both the employeer-employee.........

"Spence, many of the employees already covered by their employers are going to end up on the Obamacare plan because they don't make enough money to continue with their employer sponsored plan."

that's what he said in context:uhuh:

the delay is necessary because they have no idea/capacity to deal with all of the new Obamacare candidates

the "context" of this thread is that the "delay" is not only politically driven but an admission that Obamacare is a freakin' disaster, as many of us predicted :uhuh:

spence
07-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Finally you're back to your old self of just stringing together random points :humpty:

-spence

scottw
07-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Finally you're back to your old self of just stringing together random points :humpty:

-spence

yup...you've got nothing

spence
07-07-2013, 02:03 PM
I see, so the delay is a political move because small business employees are going to be hurt just before the election...or wait, it's because the government can't manage the massive influx of registrants.I thought the point was to create socialized medicine?

You can't have it both ways.

-spence

scottw
07-07-2013, 03:53 PM
I see, so the delay is a political move because small business employees are going to be hurt just before the election...or wait, it's because the government can't manage the massive influx of registrants.I thought the point was to create socialized medicine?

-spence

oh it is.....but with public opinion on Obamacare right now so low and the realization that we've been lied to about just about everything related to Obamacare...and all of the other Obama messes and scandals....the prospect of the system unable to handle the masses clamoring for Obamacare because they've been booted or can't afford their insurance due to the mandates after all of the promises made and right before the midterms and a potential eviction of dems....it could spell ultimate disaster for Obamacare and a retreat from the goal of socialized medicine....can't believe I have to spell this out for you....

so we delay it a little bit, hope to maintain control of some of the hill and buy a little time...not the first time....remember the Keystone Pipeline ?....probably to bleep things up even further...the option of not delaying is not a good one if you are Obama or a dem up for re-election

Jim in CT
07-07-2013, 06:53 PM

You can't have it both ways.

-spence

Why the heck can't we have it both ways?

The notion that the delay is tied to the 2014 midterms, and the notion that the delay is due to the fact that the feds don't have the infrastructure yet, are not even close to being mutually exclusive. It's not necessarily one or the other. So nice try, but no cigar.

justplugit
07-31-2013, 07:58 AM
So now the IRS, which will add 16,000 new employees to oversee Obamacare
does not want to be covered by it themselves. What does that tell you about
this program for the rest of us?
Senators Rubio, FL and Cruz TX are spearheading a group to exclude Obamacare
by defunding it from the budget in September. How else can you get rid of a program that no one knows it's entirety in it's 2,700 pages, large portions have been put off until 2015, small business doesn't know where they stand, and something like ,if my memory serves me, 62% of Americans don't want ?

justplugit
08-14-2013, 06:28 PM
OK, something like 97% of Fed Govt. employees don't want it, Unions don't want it,
IRS doesn't want it and Congress will still have their own plan.
The only ones left are the rest of us and looks like there'll be no Festiveus.
Where are the defenders, and what is there to defend?
The silence is deafening.

Raven
08-15-2013, 01:03 PM
shhh The President is Playing spades right now and cannot watch.

spence
08-15-2013, 01:54 PM
shhh The President is Playing spades right now and cannot watch.

Good lord...

Bronko
08-15-2013, 02:31 PM
I THINK he is referencing this....
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/love-obama-played-cards-during-osama-raid-i-can-t-watch-entire-thing-obama-said_748413.html

spence
08-17-2013, 09:07 AM
I THINK he is referencing this....
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/love-obama-played-cards-during-osama-raid-i-can-t-watch-entire-thing-obama-said_748413.html

I assumed so, had already saw it. Silly.

-spence