View Full Version : STOLEN ROD #@%!

macojoe
07-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Yep I just put a rod holder on my truck 2 weeks ago. Much easier then putting the 9' rod in the truck.
Well I stopped at the 7-11 on Cranberry HWy Wareham for gas at 9 pm went in the store to pre pay and bam the rod GONE, not 5min!
Not to accuse anyone but there was a green pick-up at the pumps when I went in and gone when I came out??
Nothing special, a 9' graphpite Daiwa rod, with a brand new 6500 SSV my son just got for me for my B-Day!! My B Day isn't even here till the end of the month! I feel real bad about it and have to tell my son today, he thought he was doing good for me this year as I have no boat anymore and this is the only way for me to fish now.
O well I am having a port put in my arm next week, so I can start Dialysis in Aug. so maybe this is a good thing cause I won't be out getting in trouble.

PRBuzz
07-05-2013, 01:37 PM
REALLY sucks Joe!

macojoe
07-05-2013, 01:39 PM
yep, the worst thing i don't have $$ for a kmart rod!:fury:

basswipe
07-05-2013, 01:52 PM
That just plain sucks.

There's not much worse in this world than a thief.

onecastmike2003
07-05-2013, 02:00 PM
I do it all the time... Thanks for tip
Good luck brother
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence
07-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Sorry to hear that. I'm way too trusting with that kind of stuff.

Guppy
07-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Geeees!
That does suck.... HOpe they slip on a canal rock and crack their freak^#<n noggin open and break the rod while their at it!

Peace be with you:devil2:

tysdad115
07-05-2013, 02:40 PM
They must have surveillance of the pump area Joe. Ask the manager to look at the footage before it automatically gets overwritten.

Rmarsh
07-05-2013, 02:53 PM
They must have surveillance of the pump area Joe. Ask the manager to look at the footage before it automatically gets overwritten.

That is a really good suggestion! Did some construction work recently at a convenience/gas station and was amazed at the number of cameras! Covered every square foot of the property.

Ed B
07-05-2013, 03:44 PM
7-11 near my house has video surveillance of the gas pumps. Great Suggestion!! It's probably standard procedure.

jim sylvester
07-05-2013, 03:46 PM

bingo

get back to the place of the scene asap

usually surv cameras are set with specific overwrite schedules

should def have something on tape

FishermanTim
07-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Geeees!
That does suck.... HOpe they slip on a canal rock and crack their freak^#<n noggin open and break the rod while their at it!

Peace be with you:devil2:

One step better....the scumbag slips, breaks rod and IMPALES himself on it and has to wait for EMT's to try and save his worthless butt!

thefishingfreak
07-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Maybe your son put it on a credit card with some sort of theft/ loss protection ?

spence
07-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Maybe your son put it on a credit card with some sort of theft/ loss protection ?

Another great point.

Most credit cards have some sort of 60 coverage for at least accidental damage. Theft not so sure but worth looking into...

A few years ago my son cracked the LCD on my wife's Mac Book. It was 59 days old...they paid for the entire repair.

-spence

Hookedagain
07-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Joe, although we never formerly met I feel your pain. I have a Diawa 2 pc rod I bought from Redlite last year. My son has moved to a custom and the rod sits in the rack. Its yours! I might be able to hook you up with a reel as well. Please P M me your number so I can get in touch with you.

Spud

Higgie
07-05-2013, 05:44 PM
That's an all star move spud!

Hookedagain
07-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Actually I can't take credit for it....my 10 year old son said we should do it.

afterhours
07-05-2013, 05:53 PM
great idea andy! spud- class move by you guys! and I need to return your ls :)

Slipknot
07-05-2013, 06:40 PM
sorry to hear this Joe :fury:
I hate thieves

I can drop off a reel if you need one to go with that rod offer

macojoe
07-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Thanks guys you are all GREAT!!!!

The reel was bought cash, so credit card ID even though it was a great Idea won't work. The girl at the 7 11 stated I have to to the manager but he will not be in till Monday?? But thats also a GREAT IDEA!!

As far as your offers I will get back to you guys if I get nothing from the store.
Hookedagain thats what I had a 2 piece rod, sounds the same!!Thanks for the reel offer also!
Slip Thanks for a reel offer also!

Lets see what the store comes up with?? I am guessing not much as I have to wait for the manger on Monday and that will be 5 days, I am sure it will be taped over by then?
Maybe I can call the cops to go to the store and look at the tape sooner??

I just told my son his $200 B-Day gift was great!! But I never got to use it! Not even once!! He said I know you have no boat and stuff so I got it for you to have some fun, he said he does not have the cash to replace it right now but will save some, and try to get another. I told him not to worry about it, not sure how much I be going out any way, but thanked him for a Great gift, and offer to replace!! But he is living alone at the old house and has to pay bills and he took over my truck payments also. So he is not exactly rolling in $$$
When he is a good kid he is great!! and I love him to death, but when he has the rag on, I want to disown him!! He was here today putting all 32 windows from my 3 season room away for the summer for me. I got them all out and YEARS of dirt washed off them in the past few weeks.

Rappin Mikey
07-05-2013, 07:49 PM
May they for ever have wind knots, may their bails snap shut on every cast, may the wind always blow in their faces when I fart in their general direction! Bad things happen to bad people. I curse them and their kin!

BigFish
07-05-2013, 08:15 PM
I will kick in $20 to help replace the reel your son bought for you Joe! Anyone else feel like helping out?:) I have a few used reels you are welcome to one of them...but seeing it was a thoughtful gift from your son I feel its only right maybe we can get another one?

nightfighter
07-05-2013, 09:50 PM
I'm in with you, Larry. Let me know what you need sent, where, etc.

jimmy z
07-06-2013, 08:48 AM
Larry, I can kick in a few too.

jimmy z
07-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Sorry to hear about your gear. Hope all goes well with your medical situation. I will keep you in my prayers, and may the Lord be with you!

macojoe
07-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Thanks guys!! I just got home from talking with the store, they took my name, number, and a description of what happened, they are going to look at the tapes, and let me know if they find anything?? I am not to hopeful after talking to them??:confused:

Liv2Fish
07-06-2013, 03:19 PM

I work for the company who installs all of the surveillance and alarm systems for 7/11 nation wide. They do definitely have the pumps on video and likely with fairly decent resolution - you should be able to get plate number and perp ID. 7/11 will not work directly with you so you must file a police report and the police will work with their security team. The police may not share the video or perp ID with you as they also have the obligation to protect the perp from you.:smash:

PM sent

Bob Thomas
07-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Joe - Make sure you file a report with the PD. This way, if and when they tape is pulled and reviewed, they can charge the idiots. Quite possible that if they stole your stuff, it's not the first time and they might be able to be pinned to several others.

Not sure how Wareham PD handles it but circumstances depending, we've taken reports over the phone just to make sure it's logged in a timely fashion.

Sorry for your loss...hopefully they are caught and maybe linked to more!

afterhours
07-06-2013, 04:31 PM
oh man maybe they can nab the pos! :) :)

Swimmer
07-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Joe - Make sure you file a report with the PD. This way, if and when they tape is pulled and reviewed, they can charge the idiots. Quite possible that if they stole your stuff, it's not the first time and they might be able to be pinned to several others.

Not sure how Wareham PD handles it but circumstances depending, we've taken reports over the phone just to make sure it's logged in a timely fashion.
Sorry for your loss...hopefully they are caught and maybe linked to more!

Most of the time management wont look at the cd unless an officer makes the request. Management wont assist anyone because of the possibility of vigilante justice. Liability snd all, just saying.

Liv2Fish
07-06-2013, 06:39 PM
:hihi:Most of the time management wont look at the cd unless an officer makes the request. Management wont assist anyone because of the possibility of vigilante justice. Liability snd all, just saying.

Matt D
07-07-2013, 09:47 AM
"Tape" is just a figure of speech for any even semi-recent camera system. Everything is written to hard drives now, just like the DVR has replaced the VCR at home. I've got a pretty old system at my business and I still get decent resolution with 16 cameras always recording (some of the less busy ones are set to record only when there's movement) with over a month of storage before rolling over.

Like was said, most businesses won't work with you directly. File a report with the PD and they'll get the video.

Theives suck. Hard to believe some are so brazen.

MAKAI
07-07-2013, 11:00 AM
The only thing I agree with the Arab culture is how they deal with thieves....off with the hands

spence
07-07-2013, 11:06 AM
The only thing I agree with the Arab culture is how they deal with thieves....off with the hands

They also invented coffee :devil2:

-spence

piemma
07-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Easy fix to the problem is locking roof racks. That's what I did in 89 and am still using the same ones. Never had anything stolen off the top.

silverardoo
07-07-2013, 04:01 PM
joe we have never met I have a btr 4500 not being used I can give you I hate thiefs

wdmso
07-08-2013, 07:03 AM
did they check the film there 24 hr surveillance on the pumps?

BigFish
07-08-2013, 07:07 AM
Folks here have chipped in enough money to buy Joe a brand new reel to replace the one he lost! As it was a gift from his son we all felt this was the way to go so Joe and his son were not robbed of the care his son showed giving him the gift!:uhuh:

Bob Thomas
07-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Most of the time management wont look at the cd unless an officer makes the request. Management wont assist anyone because of the possibility of vigilante justice. Liability snd all, just saying.

That's a no brainer. However management may review if given the heads up so that it's not overwritten/deleted. Info won't be released to Joe but they "should" flag/review/dupe it if given notice by Joe. We tell our stations that if they're advised of an issue, note the date/time and make sure management holds the footage until notified by us otherwise. I realize they won't release it to anyone else other than Law

macojoe
07-09-2013, 08:30 PM
i have been told they have 30 day's of footage. i went there again and they were going to look at it today, so we will see?? they will not give me any info as stated. but the police know, and the store will tell them if they see something.

chris L
07-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Actually I can't take credit for it....my 10 year old son said we should do it.

Your son is KING ! Joe is a great guy . Sorry to hear what happened Joe . I see lots of good people have stepped up to help you from this fine gathering of fishers .

I hope every thing goes well with your medical issues .