View Full Version : Rain Rain Go away LOL

stripermaineiac
07-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Can someone get the rain gods to let up. Almost every day we get poured on. Rivers are all mud and many of the bays are mostly fresh water now. Monsoooooon season seems to have no end this year LOL.

ProfessorM
07-11-2013, 07:05 PM
I hear you Ron. I have been on Cape all week and we have not had lots of rain but this misty, overcast, humidity is getting old. Thank god the fishing has been very good or I'd be bored stiff.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Mr. Sandman
07-11-2013, 07:16 PM
go south old man.

stripermaineiac
07-11-2013, 07:26 PM
LOL might be an idea. we just had a storm go through and dump close to 3 inches of rain in 45 min.Pretty soon I'm gonna stock my back yard LOL

Nebe
07-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Climate change ?

striperman36
07-11-2013, 07:38 PM
wait till august

stripermaineiac
07-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Who knows. When I bought this place 7 yrs ago I could mow my back yard. Now it's like a rice paddy.Need pontoons on the mower LOL. My fruit trees have all drowned .

PNG
07-11-2013, 08:07 PM
I just came back from Burlington (up to Canada) and kicked around the grand isle area, those folks cannot stand a single inch more. If another hurricane hits like Irene last year its going to be ugly

Rockfish9
07-12-2013, 07:52 AM
Can someone get the rain gods to let up. Almost every day we get poured on. Rivers are all mud and many of the bays are mostly fresh water now. Monsoooooon season seems to have no end this year LOL.

I hear ya Ron... last week was tough around these parts too.. river water was up to 78 and looked like a cup of star bucks dark roast... beach fronts were better especialy to the north where the water was clearer and the temp @ 65-68.. the mud line extended out 6 miles from the mouth of the Mac....this past week was much bettter... i was able to fish every night( never got chased by the storms).... the seawater actualy had fire in it @ the 13 can at high tide... above that ...not so much.. still 74 and stained...the bigger tides this week should help flush the rest... if it don't rain!... good news is... eel trapping has been the best it's been since I was a pimple faced teen tending eel pots in in a tin skiff.. over 5 decades ago!

piemma
07-12-2013, 10:28 AM
I hear ya Ron... last week was tough around these parts too.. river water was up to 78 and looked like a cup of star bucks dark roast... beach fronts were better especialy to the north where the water was clearer and the temp @ 65-68.. the mud line extended out 6 miles from the mouth of the Mac....this past week was much bettter... i was able to fish every night( never got chased by the storms).... the seawater actualy had fire in it @ the 13 can at high tide... above that ...not so much.. still 74 and stained...the bigger tides this week should help flush the rest... if it don't rain!... good news is... eel trapping has been the best it's been since I was a pimple faced teen tending eel pots in in a tin skiff.. over 5 decades ago!

82.5 in my marina in Warwick Cove. Had to run all the way to Dutch to find 69. Even 72 at the North end of JTown.

stripermaineiac
07-12-2013, 08:18 PM
You'll love this. Stripers on squid in the Bar Harbor area and their getting black sea bass in the lobster traps up to 16 long up there.

ProfessorM
07-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Hi joe. Man you are depressing me with the eel talk. I still have not had much success with the eel traps yet. I guess I just suck at it or my area sucks. Bruce showed me that pic of the fish, nice going, again.

Rappin Mikey
07-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Somebody told me Raven knows the rain Gods. Try sending him a PM or something.

timmah
07-14-2013, 12:37 AM
It was like sitting in a steam sauna today out there.