View Full Version : Report.......

spinncognito
07-31-2013, 07:54 AM
As suggested by Ross, this "report" is intended to "report" what has been working for me as of late.....

With the reappearance of squid in huge numbers again here on the "other Cape", I have been getting a few fish using the YoZuri Hydro Squirt. Great lure which will get down into the water column and has a great backwards swimming wobble that entices hard strikes.

Also, Ocean Lures has made some significant improvements on two lures, the floating sand eel and the herring swimmer. These two have been producing well off the beaches in calmer water at first light.

N.ShoreFisher
07-31-2013, 09:55 AM
All right, that's it. I got to meet up first thing with you one of these mornings. Already got up early to fish with Ross, so your next on my list of N.Shore guys to fish with.

Rockfish9
07-31-2013, 12:49 PM
Water has cooled considerably along the beach front... it is now 66...
the river has also cleaned up( most of the mud has flushed out) and cooled down... high tide was as low as 65 ( the water feed from the north) if you know where the pockets are... the out going started at 72 and drops to 68 ( again if you find the temp breaks).. low tide last night was 72...

Bait... Mackerel have returned.. they are finicky.. but if you are schooled in the methods of taking finicky bait...( aka single baited hook.... light line), filling a bait tank is no problem...squid are also available and are attacking eels at night... cocktail blues ( 6" long specimens) abound but nothing is molesting them...
eels.. the trapping is the best it has been in 20 years...nuff said.

tide.... they all are producing... location....location....location

fish... best so far this week was 28lbs... for every one of those.. you'll have to catch 30-40 6-10 lbers.. live eels at night have been the go to..large 10lb class blues have occasionaly been a PITA.. but you can fish through them..

Fish Pic.... only one worth taking so far this season... and i was un prepared... so it was taken with a cell phone to save time... it was my 17th fish over the half century mark...It was caught on july 7th... from a boulder pile few, if anyone here has ever fished... the area was infested with 10-12lb fish... lightning flashed to the North, south and east of me.. a night I probably should have stayed home... above was a clear sky.... the fish took an annaconda sized eel ( 18-20" long) with the sole purpose of discouraging the "little guys"... after a sprited fight on 15lb test the fish was netted, quickly weighed , photographed with a cell phone...'revived and returned to the water... she swam off saying "good bye" with a tail slap that left me soaked...

N.ShoreFisher
07-31-2013, 12:55 PM
annnndddd.....I'm gonna add Rockfish to the list of people I need to meet up with....lol

zimmy
07-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Fish Pic.... only one worth taking so far this season... and i was un prepared... so it was taken with a cell phone to save time... it was my 17th fish over the half century mark...It was caught on july 7th... from a boulder pile few, if anyone here has ever fished... the area was infested with 10-12lb fish... lightning flashed to the North, south and east of me.. a night I probably should have stayed home... above was a clear sky.... the fish took an annaconda sized eel ( 18-20" long) with the sole purpose of discouraging the "little guys"... after a sprited fight on 15lb test the fish was netted, quickly weighed , photographed with a cell phone...'revived and returned to the water... she swam off saying "good bye" with a tail slap that left me soaked...

outstanding :buds:

doc
07-31-2013, 01:09 PM
Water has cooled considerably along the beach front... it is now 66...
the river has also cleaned up( most of the mud has flushed out) and cooled down... high tide was as low as 65 ( the water feed from the north) if you know where the pockets are... the out going started at 72 and drops to 68 ( again if you find the temp breaks).. low tide last night was 72...

Bait... Mackerel have returned.. they are finicky.. but if you are schooled in the methods of taking finicky bait...( aka single baited hook.... light line), filling a bait tank is no problem...squid are also available and are attacking eels at night... cocktail blues ( 6" long specimens) abound but nothing is molesting them...
eels.. the trapping is the best it has been in 20 years...nuff said.

tide.... they all are producing... location....location....location

fish... best so far this week was 28lbs... for every one of those.. you'll have to catch 30-40 6-10 lbers.. live eels at night have been the go to..large 10lb class blues have occasionaly been a PITA.. but you can fish through them..

nicely done!

The Dad Fisherman
07-31-2013, 01:39 PM
Thats Awesome Joe, Another monstah for ya....:kewl:

Rockport24
07-31-2013, 01:57 PM
WOW! what a fish!

bassballer
07-31-2013, 03:25 PM
Up until a week and a half ago the early morning topwater bite was outstanding. This is our typical and prefered way to fish. Little lighter tackle, Raising big fish on spooks, and pencils from sun up until about 7-8. As soon as the sun was completley up the bite seemed to die out. But the action was consistant. Alot of teen size fish with some 30's mixed in.

A little over a week ago it seemed to turn more into a night bit. Drifting eels after dark was consistantly getting it done. Steady action with fish over 40lbs. The water temps came down some over that cold spell which has kept the doldrums at bay.

Havent been able to get out this week due to cathing up on work due to the amount of fishing I had been doing.

Couple pics

Oh and all but 3 32" fish swam to see another day.

bassballer
07-31-2013, 03:27 PM
And Rockfish that is a beast! nice fish.