View Full Version : I have a report

tattoobob
07-31-2013, 05:51 PM
I have fished a total of 6 times, the first couple of times was a skunk
I went out with Fishing Freak and ended up throwing up and couldn't even catch a Mackerel
The next time I went with Skippy and watched him land a 30 pounder me I got nothing
The next outing I caught a 24 inch striper And then the next outing a skunk

I'm just to busy with a new job and lost my drive to fish

BigFish
07-31-2013, 05:55 PM
Save it for the fall Bob! I have been out several times and only caught fish 1 morning! Today on Bill and Jules boat I caught my first fish since memorial Day weekend! Just glad that day I caught my new PB! Kind of takes the sting out!:)

tattoobob
07-31-2013, 05:58 PM
I had high hopes for this season I got the seasonal down at Bourne Scenic Park I was going to fish my brains out but life had a different plan but I have a new job and right now I'm making twice the money and tons of overtime to so all is good

PRBuzz
07-31-2013, 07:04 PM
I had high hopes for this season I got the seasonal down at Bourne Scenic Park I was going to fish my brains out but life had a different plan but I have a new job and right now I'm making twice the money and tons of overtime to so all is good

Earn the $$ when you can or the opportunity presents itself, plenty of time to fish when semi/fully retired. :) Weekdays are fun!

I get you out of your slump, lets go scupping/BSB fishing!

iamskippy
07-31-2013, 07:31 PM
I get you out of your slump, lets go scupping/BSB fishing!

Yeah Boy!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Slipknot
07-31-2013, 07:34 PM
listen to Phil, he knows
make the $ now while it's there, the fish will be around

Clammer
07-31-2013, 07:53 PM
nothing in life is [[FOR SURE} :fishin:

macojoe
07-31-2013, 07:57 PM
I have been out on a friends 13' whaler once and 0 fish, been fishing from shore 3 times and 0, I can't remember the last time I got nothing in the last 20 years!!

tysdad115
07-31-2013, 09:09 PM
Bob I feel your pain, except I've fished a ton and caught little. Buried a 3/0 in my arm before I even wet a line one night, tore my leg up, every time fish were around I wasn't...it's how it goes. I love just being out there, trying like hell. So it's all good.

WESTPORTMAFIA
07-31-2013, 10:06 PM

Good call!

bigpopper
08-01-2013, 12:38 AM
Sounds like the fishery is taking another southern dive!

piemma
08-01-2013, 02:01 AM
Sounds like the fishery is taking another southern dive!

It's the summer doldrums. It's like the winter doldrums except you have a tan.:rotf2:

The Dad Fisherman
08-01-2013, 04:59 AM
Other than the Kids event at the club a couple of weeks ago and a Scout camping trip, I haven't been out for stripers in weeks. Squeezed in a couple of freshwater trips....but that is it.

Same deal Bob, Life had other plans and I've been super busy lately

Guppy
08-01-2013, 05:49 AM
, plenty of time to fish when semi/fully retired. :) Weekdays are fun!

!

They sure are! and being home with the wife after 40 yrs of work aint easy.... :grins:

Make dough,,, the fish will come IMO

Matt D
08-03-2013, 07:29 AM

Make hay while the sun shines.

How many years were you on the waiting list before getting the site at BSP?

It's been a down year for me as well. Had a few good days but it seems most of the time that I'm able to make the trip it's been "shoulda been here earlier in the week".

blue oyster
08-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Save it for the fall Bob! I have been out several times and only caught fish 1 morning! Today on Bill and Jules boat I caught my first fish since memorial Day weekend! Just glad that day I caught my new PB! Kind of takes the sting out!:)
with last seasons fall run bust and the poor fishing this year i don't hold a lot of hope for a good fall run this year :confused:

tattoobob
08-03-2013, 11:59 AM
I'm still on the waiting list I was able to get a temporary seasonal

Swimmer
08-03-2013, 06:44 PM
They sure are! and being home with the wife after 40 yrs of work aint easy.... :grins:

Make dough,,, the fish will come IMO

Jesus, tell me about it.

afterhours
08-03-2013, 08:26 PM

what he said.

Rappin Mikey
08-03-2013, 08:32 PM
I'm heading to the salt for the first time in a month on Monday. It's tough being a dad. I've gotten better at fighting seals, plovers and sharks over the last ten years so you never know??:fishin:Three days out there with the family. I get one 24 hour period the day after we get home to hit it hard where ever I want. Let the prayers begin!

Guppy
08-04-2013, 05:43 AM
I'm heading to the salt for the first time in a month on Monday. It's tough being a dad. I've gotten better at fighting seals, plovers and sharks over the last ten years so you never know??:fishin:Three days out there with the family. I get one 24 hour period the day after we get home to hit it hard where ever I want. Let the prayers begin!

I'm in,,, enjoy

Steve K
08-04-2013, 10:09 AM

Indeed. "Enjoy every sandwich"

5/0
08-05-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm still on the waiting list I was able to get a temporary seasonal

Hey you guys oughta check out Bay View campground in Bourne,it's 1.3 miles over the bridge.
Not as close to C.C.C as Bourne senic but a very nice camp ground with full hook ups.