View Full Version : small spray booth question

N.ShoreFisher
08-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Ok, so in my tinkering in the basement and my unusual forward thinking(unusual for me since I almost never plan anything ahead of time...lol) I decided that I had enough "stuff" lying around to make a small spray booth for when I stop fishing and start the plug thing in the winter. My question is this, since I spray in my basement, and use a mask, does anyone else use a booth and if so, what kind of fans do they use to exhaust the fumes. I know from reading you need a few filters, and some people online are even talking about explosion proof, sealed fans?! Can I just take the fans from a few computer towers, link them up, and vent into a dryer vent tube and out the window? Thanks.

Saltheart
08-01-2013, 01:02 PM
I would want the explosion proof motors.

Charleston
08-01-2013, 01:44 PM
I use my small both in my garage. If you are only spraying water based paints all you need to do is catch any solids. I cut one leg out of a pair of panty hose and fastened it to the back on my small exhaust fan. The fan is located behind the large AC filter mounted in the back of my booth.

Don't be spraying rattle cans in the basement. Explosion proof motor or not something else may ignite the fumes.

eskimo
08-01-2013, 03:26 PM
I use a couple of 200-250(?) Axial Fans.
I think they ran $33 a piece.

Anything that is claimed 'explosion proof' seems to be $150 or more.

Work great. I'm guessing they aren't powerful enough for some but I only have exhaust approx. 3' to the basement window.

Striperhound
08-03-2013, 07:54 PM
I think I still have a small spay booth I posted a while back in the classifieds. Worked great in my basement. Look it up and make a fair offer if interested and its yours.