View Full Version : Party Boat fishing?

Rockport24
08-02-2013, 10:09 AM
My Dad got me a couple of gift certificates at a fundraising thing he went to last year so we are finally going to use them on Monday.

Any reports? I know dogfish are an issue this time of year is it going to be a hassle?

Rob Rockcrawler
08-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Which boat are you heading out on? I think the dogs are everywhere according to reports from the party boat fleet.

Rockfish9
08-02-2013, 10:18 AM
I don't know where you are going out of,but the boats on jefferies have been doing well, dogs have been minimum... blue sharks have stolen a few fish... we did a groundfish trip a few weeks back( 7/22) things change each day but I hear it has remaioned strong... we got alot of short haddock .. but almost as many legal ones as well...the bait boy's did well.. being stubborn, i stayed jigging... all day.. i caught more fish on the soft plastic ( berkly gulp shrimp... green) than the jig... we limited ( 5 guy's) on cod had some slammer pollock and I landed a big blue hake... I suspect your trip will be a sucess..

Rockport24
08-02-2013, 10:31 AM
thanks guys! going out of Captain's on Plum Island...

Rockfish9
08-02-2013, 10:32 AM
thanks guys! going out of Captain's on Plum Island...

you'll do well..

Rockport24
08-02-2013, 11:02 AM
:D thanks!

JFigliuolo
08-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Bring lots of different color plastic teasers if you plan on jigging. I ilke 5" fin-s, curly tail worms, anything in that size. Alot of times the right color makes a BIG difference. pink, greeen, chartreuse, black...you get the idea.

Rockport24
08-06-2013, 10:47 AM
hey guys, thanks for the info, had a good, but very bumpy day out there, caught a bunch of cod and haddock and some big pollock. Gonna be eating fish for a while! It took moving to a few different spots before we got on them, but then it was a very steady pick.