View Full Version : this is the END

Raven
08-10-2013, 09:27 AM
WITH computer technology doubling in strength almost every twelve months .... it will eventually collide with extreme
miniaturization via Carbon nano tube self replication technology and make new internal connections via the blood vessel network
distribution in the Brain...setting up an internal neural net.

Just as our military pilots have the technology right NOW to fire weapons aboard the most secret fighter jets...
we'll soon be able to access the internet and much higher intelligence from rapid data storage and retrieval ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-eTlJuH7OY

FishermanTim
08-12-2013, 11:42 AM
And in the process we'll soon forget how to do the most simplistic tasks for our own survival.
Ask any kid, heck ask anyone under the age of 25 how to start a fire without matches.
Ask them how and where would they find shelter if they were in the wild.
Ask them where they will get food from if they were starving.

Most people, not just children, have given up learned knowledge and traits for instant online gratification. If they can't look up an answer online or "google" instructions for building a shelter, finding food or even basic first aid they could not be interested.

I joke about it with my friends and family that if we ever lost power for all our "toys" they would be completely lost.

PRBuzz
08-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Ask them 1 + 1 = ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Raven
08-12-2013, 12:19 PM
they have an app for that

FishermanTim
08-12-2013, 02:59 PM
they have an app for that

good one!

My (older) brother lives on Facebook, and when he asked me why I was't on it, I said "I don't need facebook because I have PHONEBOOK!"
:biglaugh:

The Dad Fisherman
08-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Ask any kid, heck ask anyone under the age of 25 how to start a fire without matches.

I got at least 20 of them I can ask and they can give me the right answers.....

zacs
08-13-2013, 02:17 AM
And in the process we'll soon forget how to do the most simplistic tasks for our own survival.

please... most kids 30+ years ago didn't know that stuff either. only boy scouts and pyros. same as today...

The Dad Fisherman
08-13-2013, 07:24 AM
please... most kids 30+ years ago didn't know that stuff either. only boy scouts and pyros. same as today...

I was a Boy Scout in Lynn....think that qualifies :hihi:

Raven
08-13-2013, 12:39 PM
also they finish their statements with..........

wait for it.....

___________.
written in secret below
or something?

Rockport24
08-13-2013, 12:57 PM

I know this stuff now thanks to the Discovery Channel!

whiplash
08-13-2013, 02:22 PM
I had scouts in my troop with more survival skills than those nit wits on Discovery channel.

JohnR
08-13-2013, 05:03 PM
You realize the most secure network is the unplugged network, right?

Not plugging my brain into anything :hehe:

I was a Boy Scout in Lynn....think that qualifies :hihi:

You were thus Dual Qualified - Scout & Pyro

(Sadly so was I)

FishermanTim
08-13-2013, 05:15 PM
I got at least 20 of them I can ask and they can give me the right answers.....

Kudos!

That's one group that won't be lost if (or when) the power goes out.

I forgot about your scouting expertise.
How many kids today would even consider joining the scouts?
Those that do tend to develop greater inter-personal skills and warrant the respect that comes with the uniform.

The other side of the coin has a bus load of droopy-draw, socially inept, "entitlement driven" slackers that expect the world to provide for their every whim.

Raven
08-14-2013, 04:38 AM
i have never forgotten my BS Motto

and now i am becoming a doomsday prepper.....

zacs
08-14-2013, 09:22 AM
How many kids today would even consider joining the scouts?

currently 2,700,000

you seem to be quite bitter towards America's youth. I have a much more positive outlook.

There are great kids in this country doing great things. they need our support. things are not nearly as bad as you seem to think they are.

There is certainly a percentage of bad apples. Always has been, always will be. But today, as of yesteryear, they are the exception, not the norm.

The Dad Fisherman
08-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Don't forget to add 2,300,000 Girl Scouts to that number as well.....

The Dad Fisherman
08-14-2013, 10:57 AM
I also think the reason more kids aren't involved in Scouts is because the parents really don't understand what the program is about.

Ask any parent what they think its about and they will just say "Camping". Camping is just one aspect and is actually a tool that is used to teach the lessons that scouting really is about. Which is Self-Sufficiency, Leadership, and Planning.

Most parents also can't cope with little johnny failing....I must argue on a weekly basis to leave the kids alone and let them do it themselves....If they screw it up....let them fix it....only way they are going to learn.

I now send this out to ALL new parents for them to read....so hopefully they "Get It"

Kids are also a LOT more busy these days then they used to be. I have to juggle Sports, School (tons of Homework), Band, Church Events and such....

Raven
08-14-2013, 11:56 AM
if we have a population of 300 million people in the USA
i wonder how many of them are Boys in the age group
that could join the boy scouts? that statistic must be out there....

i'm thinking many parents are afraid that they might get taught
how to shoot a gun....
as in the news today a safety trainer accidentally shot and killed a student.

also in the news and it was GREAT to see....btw
was the young boy who thought up "mowing for Moore"
raising money for the town that got hit by the tornado...
a great example -> of the right kind of Kid in the USA

whiplash
08-14-2013, 01:08 PM
It's the parents that are afraid that they will have to do something out of their comfort zone. Can't tell you how many no-show parents I had for scout activities.

Raven
09-01-2013, 10:35 PM
by 2020 ,
you'll be able to get in your electric car
and then go to sleep while it drives you to a fishing spot