View Full Version : porkfrogging?!?!?!

5/0
08-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Has anybody else hear the term porkfrogging?
I've been fishing for only thirty some odd years now and never heard of it.

I heard it is a common phrase of grabbing a spot.

Bronko
08-11-2013, 08:04 PM
You are one of the good guys Bob. You know that I know what you are talking about. Don't let it get To you kid!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Nebe
08-11-2013, 08:29 PM
I thought pork frogging was using one of those hard plastic frog bodies with uncle josh pork rinds as legs... No?

keeperreaper
08-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Been there before Bob. Consider the source; 'nuff said. He ain't worth you losing any sleep.

tysdad115
08-11-2013, 09:53 PM
I thought Westportmafia might have been on urban dictionary again. No idea what it means Bob.

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-11-2013, 10:23 PM
I thought Westportmafia might have been on urban dictionary again. No idea what it means Bob.

I was. There was a picture of Bob until it got edited. That's why I fish 2 poles down. If I fish even 1 down I still hear Schit. Not worth it to me I like to have fun while I fish.

Raven
08-12-2013, 05:07 AM
I was. There was a picture of Bob until it got edited. That's why I fish 2 poles down. If I fish even 1 down I still hear Schit. Not worth it to me I like to have fun while I fish.

try shrooms

Jackbass
08-12-2013, 05:46 AM
For what's it worth I looked up pork froggery on google and a link to this thread came up

rizzo
08-12-2013, 07:02 AM
When fishing a small area, like a small muscle bar on the canal, someone comes down and fishes 5-10' from you screwing up your drift and crowding you out. They know you're in a fishy spot or getting fish and they don't care. Basically like another frog jumping on your lily pad your on...

ThrowingTimber
08-12-2013, 07:15 AM
is it still called that when theyre all part of an organized club and they apparently just happened to wake up late? Or can I not call them that since I live an hour and 20 minutes away, but I seem to be able to make it there earlier than them at times?

Redsoxticket
08-12-2013, 07:23 AM
The course of this thread would have been more interesting if not for 5/0's edit.

iamskippy
08-12-2013, 07:55 AM
The course of this thread would have been more interesting if not for 5/0's edit.

agreed, i got to read that last night!

Raven
08-12-2013, 08:50 AM
play with google

FROG porking
pork frogging
frock the porg
porg the frock
frogging and porking
porking and frogging
frogging while porking
porking while frogging
frog pork
porking a frog
pork frog salad
pork salad with frogs
frog salad with pulled pork
pulled pork stuffed frog salad
frogs and pork
pork and frogs simmered
pork and frogs baked
baked frogs and pork

zacs
08-12-2013, 09:43 AM
try shrooms

a solid solution for any of life's problems

Guppy
08-12-2013, 11:22 AM
What do you get from a pig that knows karate ?

Sea of Atlas
08-12-2013, 05:12 PM
What is Kermit & Miss Piggie ______ ....

Guppy
08-12-2013, 05:26 PM
What do you get from a pig that knows karate ?

Pork chop

ProfessorM
08-12-2013, 07:16 PM
what happen Bobby someone crowd you out?

fondew
08-12-2013, 08:42 PM
I think I know the crew that uses that term down there.

JohnR
08-13-2013, 06:55 AM

:rotf2: Same here

fishbones
08-13-2013, 11:24 AM
:rotf2: Same here

Yeah, thanks a lot for killing that thread. You need to give WPM a little more slack on some of those things.

Redsoxticket
08-13-2013, 01:21 PM

JohnR
08-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Yeah, thanks a lot for killing that thread. You need to give WPM a little more slack on some of those things.

I didn't want my mom asking me what some of those things were :rotf2:

fishbones
08-13-2013, 05:45 PM
I didn't want my mom asking me what some of those things were :rotf2:

Tell her you don't know and she has to ask Jay.

Swimmer
08-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Or to put it another way, porkfrogging can be fishing very close to you or casting over your #^&#^&#^&#^&ing head from the access road like some of my fellow clubmembers think is perfectly o. #^&#^&#^&#^&ing k. and witch pisses me off greatly. At which point I immediately cast over thier line.

ProfessorM
08-13-2013, 06:26 PM
Yeah not all members are total idiots, just some. Some members don't really care they are members. I did cast from the road today and it was fun but no one was around.

Fiske27
08-13-2013, 07:50 PM
I Would think that we all should just know ,No casting from the Service Road,& most Important, No Casting over Someone Else, That is a Major No,No. Never could understand that logic?

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Yeah not all members are total idiots, just some. Some members don't really care they are members. I did cast from the road today and it was fun but no one was around.

How about if your fishing with 2 other porkfroggers that are good friends but too lazy and tired to fish. So they sit on the service road and watch you jig. Then the only fish of the morning breaks right in front of you. The 2 porkfroggers wake up to the sound of the only fish and before you know it missiles flying by your head! It was pretty funny.

steve1874
08-13-2013, 08:13 PM
So after reading this I'm gathering that porkfrogging basically means you are self centered and think that "I'm fishing in your area" if I'm somewhere before you are. Let me be the first to say that unless I know you I'd appreciate you not being a douche to me and try to fit in my back pocket. Thanks in advance

RIROCKHOUND
08-13-2013, 08:42 PM
So after reading this I'm gathering that porkfrogging basically means you are self centered and think that "I'm fishing in your area" if I'm somewhere before you are. Let me be the first to say that unless I know you I'd appreciate you not being a douche to me and try to fit in my back pocket. Thanks in advance

Didnt you say you just started fishing?

RIJIMMY
08-13-2013, 09:13 PM
a solid solution for any of life's problems

Amen, go ask Alice, I think she knows.

timmah
08-14-2013, 12:06 AM
IF ANYONE EVER EXCLAIMS PORKFROGGING IN MY GENERAL AREA THEY WILL FIND OUT WHAT A TONGUE FROGGING IS RIGHT FROM MY MOUTH WITH LIPS AND EVERYTHING.

Raven
08-14-2013, 04:15 AM
now i think if you dangle a lil piece of uncle josh pork
over the heads of a bull frog they'll jump up to eat it.

i used to catch lizards that way in the desert.....

Redsoxticket
08-14-2013, 06:47 AM
IF ANYONE EVER EXCLAIMS PORKFROGGING IN MY GENERAL AREA THEY WILL FIND OUT WHAT A TONGUE FROGGING IS RIGHT FROM MY MOUTH WITH LIPS AND EVERYTHING.

FRENCH KISS, no thanks

BigFish
08-14-2013, 07:28 AM
Yeah....might not want to "porkfrog" near me.....just sayin'!! Hate to have to go "Ickypallooky" on your ass!:)

I am BigFish and I have endorsed this public service message!:jump1:

ThrowingTimber
08-14-2013, 07:30 AM
I pork frogged a girl from woonsocket once, it was epic! Years later we saw her "dancing" and she started crying and ran offstage. Got all grabbed up by the bouncers "what did you do to her to make her run offstage?" she runs over its ok dont you know thats Vic.. I was like YEAH IM VIC.. Epic evening/morning/weekend/week ensued

Raven
08-14-2013, 08:33 AM
one evening i decided to turn into a frog.
a magic ingredient was assisting the process.
A girl there went whacko because "she thought"
it was really happening....

she has never been the same since....

bart
08-14-2013, 12:55 PM
More love stories from the Canal :love: :yak5:

Swimmer
08-14-2013, 03:37 PM
I pork frogged a girl from woonsocket once, it was epic! Years later we saw her "dancing" and she started crying and ran offstage. Got all grabbed up by the bouncers "what did you do to her to make her run offstage?" she runs over its ok dont you know thats Vic.. I was like YEAH IM VIC.. Epic evening/morning/weekend/week ensued

Vic everyone knows your a legend, everyone. Just one more lurid tale from the dirty city of Woonsocket. :buds:

Swimmer
08-14-2013, 03:39 PM

Very few actually Paul. I as well have cast from the road, but absolutely no one was anywhere nearby. But its kind of funny how the ones being complained about are.

5/0
08-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Vic everyone knows your a legend, everyone. Just one more lurid tale from the dirty city of Woonsocket. :buds:

I heard that Woonsocket and Cumberland we're going to merger as one town,they're going to name it Cumsuckit.

Finaddict
08-14-2013, 09:12 PM

Well I have to say ... while I wouldn't cast over someone or near them if I can help it ... there is one November morning five or six years ago that I would have preferred casting from the road rather than walking down to the water's edge which wound up resulting in a chinner on the rocks ... but that has nothing to do with anyone else other than myself and a rolling rock ... alas, hindsight 20-20 ...

tynan19
08-14-2013, 09:22 PM
When is someone going to invite me down or do I have to porkfrog your back pocket first?

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-14-2013, 09:38 PM
When is someone going to invite me down or do I have to porkfrog your back pocket first?

Wow! Porkfrog any pockets you feel necessary. Hit me up. I miss your handsome face.

fishbones
08-14-2013, 10:36 PM

Do they call it porkfrogging when you're waving a fly rod on the bank of a trout stream?

steve1874
08-15-2013, 02:03 AM

I guess that I don't really understand how me just starting to salt water fish had anything to do clarifying what people were talking about. Maybe someday I'll have 9000+ posts and talk down to the newbs. Thanks for being a good guy. The world needs more people like you

Slipknot
08-15-2013, 05:29 AM
I guess that I don't really understand how me just starting to salt water fish had anything to do clarifying what people were talking about. Maybe someday I'll have 9000+ posts and talk down to the newbs. Thanks for being a good guy. The world needs more people like you

you fit right in here :btu:

you have a brain in your head :uhuh:

I have to say, I wasn't sure of the relevance of his statement, and was going to reply but you handled it like I would have

I don't know what a porgfrog is but I don't think it has anything to do with gigging frogs

The Dad Fisherman
08-15-2013, 05:44 AM
http://mitchieville.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kermit-the-perv-frog.jpg

Swimmer
08-15-2013, 06:26 AM

Nobody is talking down to you. This question needed to be posted and talked about for sure. I didn't or rather never heard of the term before, but I new it as a totally disgusting really pisses me off thing to do when I get lures cast over my head.

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Nobody is talking down to you. This question needed to be posted and talked about for sure. I didn't or rather never heard of the term before, but I new it as a totally disgusting really pisses me off thing to do when I get lures cast over my head.

It wasn't about getting lures casted over your head. But ended up being talked about

Slipknot
08-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Nobody is talking down to you.

pretty sure he was , and was referring to this

I don't know what him being new to fishing has to do with his agreement that casting over someone is not acceptable. I saw it as a bit of a dig but could be wrong.

anyway, casting over others is stupid and dangerous

RIROCKHOUND
08-15-2013, 07:29 PM
pretty sure he was , and was referring to this

I don't know what him being new to fishing has to do with his agreement that casting over someone is not acceptable. I saw it as a bit of a dig but could be wrong.

I thought he was calling out 5/0, my bad... :smash:

steve1874
08-15-2013, 08:12 PM
I thought he was calling out 5/0, my bad... :smash:

It's things like this that discourage new people from joining or participating in/on forums like this. Didn't we all start fishing knowing nothing and then through practice and advice from others gain the knowledge to become good? I don't know about anyone else but I still enjoy fishing and from the sounds of the bitching on here and all the complaints about others it doesn't seem like many of you like to fish. Seems like many want to point out how "smart / stupid others are and build yourself up. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but IT'S THE INTERNET.... Get over yourself.... And just so there is no confusion here I was not ripping on anyone and tried to be level headed about this. Thanks for the apology to someone else for being a chode to me. Let's me know it's from the heart

iamskippy
08-16-2013, 05:12 AM
Wow in 6 post for the newbie, you guys managed to piss him off. That maybe a new record for Ebulling!

Guppy
08-16-2013, 06:25 AM
Wow in 6 post for the newbie, you guys managed to piss him off. That maybe a new record for Ebulling!

Ya, be more constructive,,, :devil2:
Come up with a porkfrogging repellant !

Jackbass
08-16-2013, 07:32 AM

I am sure we will all get over it on my 7th post I PO'ed the entire board. I am still here.

Best casting over head story ever fishing the light in Montauk w Ilovetwofish guy cast over his head with a buck tail. He told him not to do it again guy did it again he reached over and cut his line off. Classic

zacs
08-16-2013, 09:04 AM
wtf is a chode??? I looked on urban dictionary and...um...yeah. i don't think you meant that meaning.

steve1874
08-16-2013, 09:18 AM
wtf is a chode??? I looked on urban dictionary and...um...yeah. i don't think you meant that meaning.

Um I guess I should have just called him a #^&#^&#^&#^& so there would be no confusion

fishbones
08-16-2013, 09:41 AM
I don't think what happened to me last night was porkfrogging, but it's pretty funny.

Picture three guys drifting eels with the current going east. I'm third in line and the guy in the middle is a little further out into the water than the first guy and me.

The first guy tries to Arra his cast across the canal. Somehow, his eel comes off his hook and ends up on the service road on the other side. His hook ends up curving around the guy in the middle and wraps around my line which is just hanging there while I'm waiting for my turn to cast. I don't know much about physics, but I still can't figure out how that happened.

The only porkfrogging I saw was from the fourth guy who was way down to my left. I'm not sure I can even describe what I saw him doing to his dead eel, but he was sitting on a rock smoking a cigarette afterwards.

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-16-2013, 10:59 AM
I don't think what happened to me last night was porkfrogging, but it's pretty funny.

Picture three guys drifting eels with the current going east. I'm third in line and the guy in the middle is a little further out into the water than the first guy and me.

The first guy tries to Arra his cast across the canal. Somehow, his eel comes off his hook and ends up on the service road on the other side. His hook ends up curving around the guy in the middle and wraps around my line which is just hanging there while I'm waiting for my turn to cast. I don't know much about physics, but I still can't figure out how that happened.

The only porkfrogging I saw was from the fourth guy who was way down to my left. I'm not sure I can even describe what I saw him doing to his dead eel, but he was sitting on a rock smoking a cigarette afterwards.

The guy casting out of turn:smash:

5/0
08-16-2013, 11:41 AM
Oh chit that's too funny!
I have no idea how that happened,completely defies the law of physics....
And that poor was utterly violated
PETA will be contacting him.

fishbones
08-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Oh chit that's too funny!
I have no idea how that happened,completely defies the law of physics....
And that poor was utterly violated
PETA will be contacting him.

Lol, I think PETA has him under close watch ever since he started raising chickens.

nightfighter
08-16-2013, 02:40 PM
62 posts and I don't have a clue what the hell you are all talking about...... originally thought someone pissed in someone's cheerios....

bart
08-17-2013, 09:12 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I still enjoy fishing and from the sounds of the bitching on here and all the complaints about others it doesn't seem like many of you like to fish.

This is true. Most would rather congregate and socialize on the access road...

OLD GOAT
08-17-2013, 10:46 AM
It must be the wrong time of the month . August seems to have a longer wrong time of the month.
Less catching
more gum flapping.

ProfessorM
08-17-2013, 12:06 PM
It must be the wrong time of the month . August seems to have a longer wrong time of the month.
Less catching
more gum flapping.

Not so much OG.:uhuh: That past set of tides, new moon, may have been the best of the year, so far. 8 straight days of great fishing if you were on the bait. The full moon tides of the previous weeks mornings were very good also. Lots of moving around paid good dividends. But when you move around a lot you run into people that have been sitting at a spot for the whole morning and thus you run into the spot jumping issue. I try to give the guy some room since he was there first but I am going to fish that area so I try to assure the person that I know what I am doing and there won't be a problem and I usually allow him first shot at fish if it seems like we both are going to go for it. Common courtesy IMO, and usually I am off and moving soon after.

I too Ross have no real understanding what the hell they are talking about but if it is about crowding out someone that issue will never change. If you are going to fish the canal you must expect crowding, stupidity, rudeness, and all that goes with having 30 plus lb fish 10 feet in front of you. It brings out the worse in many but I learned a long time ago that you can usually get what you want by being polite and accommodating. People with attitudes there usually leave unhappy. I have done stupid things there in the heat of the moment but I always try to apologize for my error and it usually is enough to quell the situation.

fishbones
08-17-2013, 12:20 PM
This is true. Most would rather congregate and socialize on the access road...

I've heard that the access road is a hotbed for same sex activities.

ProfessorM
08-17-2013, 12:29 PM
only on weekends.

5/0
08-17-2013, 12:48 PM
I've heard that the access road is a hotbed for same sex activities.
Bonesy why am I not shocked you would know of such activity?
You whore!

bloocrab
08-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Bruce......you can cast over me anytime. :lurk:

Swimmer
08-17-2013, 06:23 PM
pretty sure he was

OK Bruce you got me, I guess he was. While I find being PF'd annoying I never allowed myself to be chased from anywhere and never let being PF'd ruin my day. Tight lines and happy days.

iamskippy
08-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Ya, be more constructive,,, :devil2:
Come up with a porkfrogging repellant !

You guys should pick on some one with in your own post count! Hick!

timmah
08-20-2013, 01:21 AM
FRENCH KISS, no thanks

I speak with my tongue and lips! :-P

keepah
08-31-2013, 05:01 PM
Porkfroggers were schooled up good last night. 7 miles of fishable shoreline on both sides but you wouldn't of known that where I was. Sucks that the breaking tide morning mentality has crept into the night tides. More often than not now I got some clown that wants to set up 30 feet away to throw a jig or sp minnow over my eel in areas that used to be peaceful to fish. Getting tired of trying to teach guys etiquette that could care less. There was a time on the canal when people respected each others areas when you got somewhere first. Sadly those times are over.

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-31-2013, 05:17 PM
Porkfroggers were schooled up good last night. 7 miles of fishable shoreline on both sides but you wouldn't of known that where I was. Sucks that the breaking tide morning mentality has crept into the night tides. More often than not now I got some clown that wants to set up 30 feet away to throw a jig or sp minnow over my eel in areas that used to be peaceful to fish. Getting tired of trying to teach guys etiquette that could care less. There was a time on the canal when people respected each others areas when you got somewhere first. Sadly those times are over.

Happened to me the other night. Nobody around a guy maybe 50 yards away. Sees me catch a fish grabs his stuff, walks the rocks until he is 20 yards to my right, puts his stuff down, walks up the service road to get his bike from where he was fishing, brings his bike down. And proceeds to throw jigs over my eel drift. I moved from the fish before we had a chance to hang up. It sucks but you have to know there is a great chance it will happen and just deal with it even when there is tons of room and nobody fishing.

MAKAI
08-31-2013, 05:49 PM
I've though about weighting some arrow heads, sharpening the edges like a scapel and nonchalantly casting over said porkfroggers.
It just might work !

tysdad115
08-31-2013, 05:52 PM
The trick is to not ever catch fish, its damn near impossible to do it as much as I do. The only one that fishes near me is Ty, but thats because he has to.

iamskippy
08-31-2013, 06:13 PM
The trick is to not ever catch fish, its damn near impossible to do it as much as I do. The only one that fishes near me is Ty, but thats because he has to.

Thats why i dont have to worry i couldn't catch VD in a clamidia ridden whore house!

5/0
08-31-2013, 07:56 PM
Thats why i dont have to worry i could catch VD in a clamidia ridden whore house!

Priceless!

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-31-2013, 10:59 PM
Thats why i dont have to worry i could catch VD in a clamidia ridden whore house!

?

Green Light
09-01-2013, 07:33 AM
is it still called that when theyre all part of an organized club and they apparently just happened to wake up late? Or can I not call them that since I live an hour and 20 minutes away, but I seem to be able to make it there earlier than them at times?

I hear you!

keepah
06-12-2016, 05:06 PM
I think becoming a porkfrogger is a right of passage for young boys growing up in New Jersey and Connecticut. I also think the two states have formed an alliance to ensure that no one has an enjoyable time fishing the banks of the ol Cape Cod Canal. Time to go home fellas. :wave:

JohnR
06-12-2016, 05:14 PM
I think becoming a porkfrogger is a right of passage for young boys growing up in New Jersey and Connecticut. I also think the two states have formed an alliance to ensure that no one has an enjoyable time fishing the banks of the ol Cape Cod Canal. Time to go home fellas. :wave:

Hahaha

ProfessorM
06-12-2016, 05:59 PM
Yup. They can really get tiresome. New moon in June has gone by the board head south boys.

bart
06-12-2016, 06:44 PM
Yep. See ya later...

numbskull
06-13-2016, 07:37 AM
I presume that pertains to us Falmouth clowns as well?

ProfessorM
06-13-2016, 11:21 AM
Nah you guys are harmless. Always good to have a couple medically trained guys to perform CPR for us bike riders on those windy days

RickBomba
06-13-2016, 12:21 PM
Ugh, it was crazy this weekend. I think they all went to Provincetown and set up shop with their Kayaks on trailers with their bikes. One dude was driving his car wearing a wetsuit. I saw him at the air down station one day when the wind was NW at 25 knots.

I said, no way you're going out in that thing. You'll drown in the wash.

F'ing Pork Froggers.:deadhorse: