View Full Version : Waterproof Cameras Review by DPREVIEW

blondterror
08-13-2013, 09:04 PM
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/2013-waterproof-roundup?utm_campaign=internal&utm_source=mainmenu&utm_medium=text

5/0
08-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Good break down for people who know what they want in a camera and side by side comparison.

I'm on my second Olympus fist one was just okay the pic quality wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be the only thing I lime was the fact of the tolerance of abuse my kids could give it,that was a great piece of mind.
The second is the TG1.
I'm happy with it they tweeked the pic quality added more built in filters and one thing that is soild is you can add two different style len's.
One pic I took in Maine a couple of weeks ago came out really neat I had use used the dramatic filter,I can't re post it now on my phone but my tread was "looks fishy".
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Paul D
08-14-2013, 09:08 AM
I had/used one of the first Pentax Waterproof camera's that came out. Can't remember the model # but it shot photos at 3.1 pixels. Great camera at the time and still performs. Saw a great price on the Pentax WG-2 and bought it. It works great outdoors. Takes great outdoor pics and movies. Good underwater pics as well. BUT, read the reviews. It does not take very good photos in low light conditions. Photos come out grainy and a little yellow no matter what the setting is. Reviewers consistently mention this. My problem is I sometimes want to use the camera for in-door friend/family events and am better off using my smart phone or Canon Sure Shot that I have. So, if your only using this camera for fishing shots or underwater, it works fine. If you also want to use it for 'every day' use, especailly indoor photos, this might not be the Camera for you. A friend that owns a Pentax WG-3 has the same concerns that I have with the WG-2. Paul

fishbones
08-14-2013, 09:35 AM
A site called DP Review should be about something else.