View Full Version : Teasers

Patrick
02-20-2001, 11:17 AM
All of you guys use teasers? What kind do you think I should use? Colors? You know all that nonsense. Any type of fly better than another? Or should I skip flys and go for the small Redgills?

Thanks

JohnR
02-20-2001, 11:56 AM
Depends alot on what and when... For early season schoolies, use a small bucktail in white, chartruese, or while and silver (some like red mixed in other than just the thread) This is also a good all around setup for daytime fishing. Other teasers can have various colors depending on many factors, bait, water color, mind frame...

Night time is often (not always) better with dark colored teasers but you need to vary what you are using. The use of hard droppers like redgills and eddystones work great when you have sand eels in the water. Certainly worth using often when plugging...

Fisherwoman
02-20-2001, 12:55 PM
Patrick, we use teasers all the time, never take them off. Red Gills also work very well. We us colors that represent many of the bait fish present in the Mass area's we fish. We use your basic deceivers in various colors, always remember that the bottom color of a bait fish is white, so you can never go wrong with just plain white if you want, adn a little crystal flash. I do a white with red head, as the red alot of times sparks the fish to attack, most of the time we catch the larger fish on the teaser and the smaller fish on the lure. We throw them with ever lure in the bag, swimmers, poppers, shads, metal, you name it. There is a past post on here that has some pictures of the colors we use, check them out!!!!

Fisherwoman
02-20-2001, 12:56 PM
Hey JohnR, are you coming to the meeting next Wed. I have a little fly for ya???????

JohnR
02-20-2001, 01:22 PM
Yep, I'll be there... I need to give you some dinero as well...

That a, fly, it's not in a sleeping eel pattern, is it? ;P

Fisherwoman
02-20-2001, 02:33 PM
You will have to wait and see my little friend, its a surprise, I tied it for ya last week, Sweet little thing!!!!! But can't tell ya. As for the money is that for the club show?

JohnR
02-20-2001, 02:56 PM
Yup

DamonM
02-20-2001, 05:19 PM
I've had a lot of problems with the eddystone eels. If you want to use that sort of teaser, I would recommend using the red gill instead. The Eddystones are too fragile.

JohnR
02-20-2001, 09:04 PM
I never fished with the Eddystones much as I prefered the Red Gills with Purple (dark to light) and silver bottom being my favorite... Beautiful when we had sand eel attacks down South County!!!

BTW - you can use bucktail teasers anytime. I found ot rare that they would hinder you from catching and they usually improved things...

mikecc
02-21-2001, 07:07 PM
John
That color is called deadly night shade(dns).

My favorite is all black.

chris L
02-22-2001, 09:24 AM
youve got to love the name deadly night shade . I have never used eddystones just red gills in various colors . I like the black , red and deadly night shade best .