View Full Version : Looking forward to see how Welker and Manning do tonight

Saltheart
09-05-2013, 07:06 PM
I plan to tune in to the Denver game for a while tonight to see Wes Welker's debut as a Bronco. I got a feeling he and Manning are going to light up the league this year if neither gets hurt. I always liked Welker and cried when he and Bill couldn't kiss and make up.

Anyway , tough on your brain when you hope Welker breaks some records but also hope the Broncos lose half their games! :) My sense of reality says he and Manning go together like peas and carrots and that come Jan/Feb. we got to beat those two somewhere in the playoffs.

Good luck Wes. May your team crash and burn but may you lead the league in receptions. :)

Raven
09-05-2013, 08:59 PM
i think it's appropriate that a Raven got the first 2013 touchdown mmmhmm

Raider Ronnie
09-06-2013, 06:03 AM
Big night for Manning.
7 td, 2 to Welker :rotf2:

Sea Dangles
09-06-2013, 08:03 AM
I loved watching him fumble the punt.
I know he got us there, but that little poopoo head cost us a Lombardi.

Clammer
09-06-2013, 11:29 AM
over the last few years . some of coach Bill B calls IMO have been .way off / 4 & go 4 it .

Getting rid of welker was the biggest mistake he ever made .......................IMO he,s gotten to cocky with himself .He sould have gone before walker :uhuh:

Saltheart
09-06-2013, 01:46 PM
A great first half of that game then Manning exploded. Wes did a fine job. Yes he screwed up the punt but overall he had a great game. Wait till Manning starts to get in his head that Welker is not only a good planned play guy but also his most reliable emergency outlet. I think Welker will get his 120 receptions again this year if not more.

Denver has a heck of an offense. Will be interesting to see what the Pats can do in their opening game.

As far as Bill and Wes goes , its the most crazy thing. A great coach and his receiver who is all heart and a perennial league leader in receptions can't get along Despite phenomenal success overall. Hard to figure that one out.

Anyway , I enjoyed the game and was happy to see him (WW) rack up some good numbers.

FishermanTim
09-06-2013, 04:23 PM
You hate to see a rival QB/team do well, but you can't hate Welker for doing what he did for us for so long....and being great at it!!!

Goose
09-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Last season Wes dropped a few balls that should have easily been caught...that was Wes being Wes and I think that to played into decision.

Saltheart
09-06-2013, 05:36 PM
He left the Pats. They didn't cut him. In fact they offered more money than the Broncos but by that time his relationship with Bill was beyond repair.

When you get thrown to hundreds of times and catch close to 10 dozen passes , the odds are you will drop some now and then.

Not aimed at you Goose but anybody who blames Welker missing a pass as the reason we didn't win a superbowl has blinders on and just won't admit Tom didn't bring it that day.

Slipknot
09-06-2013, 06:45 PM
yep, I seem to remember the game for us starting out with a freakin safety :wall:

Bill did not get rid of Wes

it's history now, got to play with who is on the field

Pete F.
09-06-2013, 08:48 PM
I think Welker went where he thought he had the best chance of getting a ring. Time will tell