View Full Version : another fly

saltydog
06-18-2003, 03:51 PM
I fished the NORTH RIP at block Island the outher day w/ Capt Al Anderson, he fly fishes it an has taged an released some 1300 + stripers so far THIS season. I got a chance to catch, tag, an release, some fish. any ways here is the fly I tied an Capt AL uses . he callsthem squid flies, I call them (Jiggie Squids)
4/0 hook wide gap.
kinkey fiber (full lenth)
color pink inside
white outside
molded eyes, an epoxey.
I also added some flashabou. the fly will lay back when reterived an will have plenty of movement.
works great in the rip.
"GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN":happy: :happy: :happy:

NEXT2NUN
06-18-2003, 06:18 PM
Hey Saltydog, nice flys,could you please post a pic of how you rig a wire leader on a fly . Thanks

saltydog
06-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Next2nun, SORRY NO pic's of flys w/wire I don't use it.why are you using WIRE? are you fishing for BLUES? also
if your fishin for BLUE use your OLD flies, they don't care what they look like, an save your good flies for the stripers. wire can be bought for fly fishing, it is wire coated in plastic 17lb this is
TIE-ABLE wire (you can tie a KNOT w/it) an CUT any lenth you like. AMERICAN WIRE is the brand name,
6-8" would be all you need.
you can also get some PRE-LOOPED wire 6-8" size, just tie your tippit to the loop on the wire, an tie the fly on the outher end,(twist the wire on the EYE of the fly then CUT the tag. thats it. :D
"GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN" :D

NEXT2NUN
06-19-2003, 08:21 PM
Thanks,Blues are everywhere I fish. I was walkin on them tonight. I thought I would get bit off but didn't.They destroyed one of my seaducers, but it was worth it ,what a blast. Managed one bass in between.

saltydog
06-20-2003, 03:24 PM
Nice to hear you had a good time,
"GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN":cool: