View Full Version : Finally got Danny to a Red Sox game

Slipknot
09-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Dan has been asking for years to go to a Sox game. I have not bought tickets for them in over a decade and have tried for the past 4-5 years but never any luck when they go on sale. I would only go when given tickets. So finally I just sucked it up and went on stub hub those thieves. He was talking about going to the game for Wed. night by himself for beard night and we were not at all comfortable with that and I don't think Dan understood about how long the line would be and how long before the game he'd need to get there to get in for a buck.
So I got grandstand seats, took the T in, and got him an Ortiz shirt.
He was happy :D

I got a nice pic of Pedroia with the ball coming off his bat. I don't know how to blow it up or crop it though.

we had fun even though they lost Tuesday Night.

here's a couple pics

WESTPORTMAFIA
09-19-2013, 08:55 PM
That is awesome Bruce. What's even better is that the next game is on me. Give me a few weeks notice. I have a guy who sells on shub who owes me a favor or 2. Great pics!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

WESTPORTMAFIA
09-19-2013, 08:58 PM
The backround guy in the 2nd pic is also awesome

Hookedagain
09-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Thats awesome Bruce. Those pictures say it all, memories were made. Danny will remember that night for a lifetime. He looks very proud of his new shirt and looks very happy to be spending quality time with Dad. I love doing games of any kind with Jake, great times.

blondterror
09-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Nice Bruce... There are still plenty of games left with the Sox playing into the post-season... we saw them beat the yankees last Sat afternoon... I love watching games at Fenway

Rockfish9
09-20-2013, 06:20 AM
That's great Bruce.. glad i didn't send you any fish pictures that night.... i know how torn up you were about it.. it still was a great game... that must have been a fun night just to "people" watch...

BigFish
09-20-2013, 06:35 AM
Bruce that pic of you and Danny is to be treasured....a wonderful moment in time with your son and he looks equally happy! I remember when we took the boys to their first game....it was like a
$400+ day between tickets, parking and food! Insane....and this is why people do not go much anymore...most seats are corporate owned.

striperman36
09-20-2013, 06:37 AM
Great Father Son night. Glad you had the chance to go, he'll talk about it for years

fishbones
09-20-2013, 07:58 AM
Very cool, Bruce! Where were you guys sitting and did you stay till the end? I was with a buddy in section 4.

JohnR
09-20-2013, 08:19 AM
BRAVO!!!!

Jackbass
09-20-2013, 08:22 AM
Good stuff. Some of my earliest memories are of going to sox games. My dad had season tickets when I was young. Great stuff

Slipknot
09-20-2013, 09:08 AM
we were in grandstand 15 up in the back
I tried for years to get 4 tickets to take the family
Dan has wanted to go to Fenway for years, we've been to the PawSox and the Patriots and one Bruins game years ago too.

a $200 night Bigfish for us but well worth it in the end after all the effort getting him out.:uhuh:
even Dan joking with the drunks on the train leaving the game
long night though, long game. we left in the ninth

thanks Jay

fishbones
09-20-2013, 09:53 AM
we were in grandstand 15 up in the back
I tried for years to get 4 tickets to take the family
Dan has wanted to go to Fenway for years, we've been to the PawSox and the Patriots and one Bruins game years ago too.

a $200 night Bigfish for us but well worth it in the end after all the effort getting him out.:uhuh:
even Dan joking with the drunks on the train leaving the game
long night though, long game. we left in the ninth

thanks Jay

Soounds like a great time! You got a really exciting game for his fist one. I drove in and figured I'd be home in bed by 11pm to get some sleep after late nights fishing on Mon and Tues. Of course the game went 12 innings and I stayed till the last out. It ended up being a cheap night though. I was too tired to drink so the only money I spent was on a jersey for my son.

Slipknot
09-20-2013, 10:28 AM
We were there TUESDAY night NOT beard night

glad you had a good game

Saltheart
09-20-2013, 10:31 AM
A night to remember!

Wow , $200 for two guys to go to a ballgame. In the mid 70's you could arrive two minutes before game time , no wait , pay $2 for a bleachers ticket and sit right behind the bull pen. I think tickets right behind home plate for the 75 world series only cost us $15 each. Times have changed and not always for the better.

Slipknot
09-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Dan has a big appetite Mike :D
40 bucks food
35 shirt
100 tix
drink
train
parking

easy to get to 200

blows my mind too but what are ya gonna do

Swimmer
09-20-2013, 10:43 AM
Dan has been asking for years to go to a Sox game. I have not bought tickets for them in over a decade and have tried for the past 4-5 years but never any luck when they go on sale. I would only go when given tickets. So finally I just sucked it up and went on stub hub those thieves. He was talking about going to the game for Wed. night by himself for beard night and we were not at all comfortable with that and I don't think Dan understood about how long the line would be and how long before the game he'd need to get there to get in for a buck.
So I got grandstand seats, took the T in, and got him an Ortiz shirt.
He was happy :D

I got a nice pic of Pedroia with the ball coming off his bat. I don't know how to blow it up or crop it though.

we had fun even though they lost Tuesday Night.

here's a couple pics

That Pedroia pic is a classic Slip. Looks like you both had a great time.

fishbones
09-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Bruce, check out ticketsnow.com if you're looking for Sox tickets in the future. It's a re-selling site owned by Ticketmaster and I've got tix below face value there several times.

Saltheart
09-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Dan has a big appetite Mike :D

I've seen him in action! The incredible eating machine! :)