View Full Version : North Shore Trip w/ Flyrod today...

Notaro
06-18-2003, 08:40 PM
Hey guys, I went to Gloucester to meet Richard Pino, AKA Flyrod for striper fishing on his boat. Man, I had a blast today. The first two hours I jigged for macks and caught nine of them for live-lining. I caught two stripers, one 28 and one 29 inches. I kept the 29 inches after assuming that I would get a 40 inches or more, however, I was wrong because the fishfinder only indicated two fishes on the water. Flyrod's mack got chomped in half by a blues.

Anyway, I had a blast because I finally met someone from the board. That's what I like. Flyrod is a cool guy. He taught me a few things today and I learned from him. I already took some photos of my catch, but it doesn't look right. So I will upload it later or ASAP.

Thank you again, Flyrod, for the trip that I will remember. Hope to see you soon or later again. :)

Notaro
06-19-2003, 09:41 AM
I know it's a bad picture. My dad took it last night.

Notaro
06-19-2003, 09:42 AM
Another one to go...

JohnR
06-19-2003, 10:25 AM
As just stated in another thread - 2 pics max please :) - I need to trim the database but that will be a while to get too :eek5: .... Thanks

Notaro
06-19-2003, 10:59 AM
Oops, I didn't see it. I poseted it before you posted on RM's. My bads, next time, man.

Rappin Mikey
06-19-2003, 11:11 AM
Way to go
Notaro
one picture though
Ize gotta go

Still working on the boat man, but me and the Rick-man will get you out there soon.

JohnR
06-19-2003, 11:21 AM
No prob - RM's taking it a little harshly :doh: :hihi: - .... This was something I said a while back but it was actually before you guys came aboard. I'm not trying to be a photo nazi, just trying to be a little more efficient with the pics. My biggest problem with the software I use to run this board is that it stores all of the pictures in the database. Now I do have plenty of room for the DB - that's not the problem. The problem is that I like to keep it clean and simple so it's less likely to break and if it does break, easier to fix. It's purely a technical issue. That's all...

Rappin Mikey
06-19-2003, 11:29 AM
I was just playing;) ;) Anyway, maybe you could PM me and let me know the way you mentioned before. I still am a technological caveman. So what you said before was German to me. Should I upload them to my e-mail first? Notaro, it looks like you are ready to smoke that thing like a giant striped L in the second picture

Notaro
06-19-2003, 11:32 AM
Alright, RM, I hope that we can fish soon after you get your boat fixed. Have fun in Texas. Brag your abt your catch to Bush's family. Did you hear about his trip in Maine and his son caught a schoolie? Show him your monster fish. :D

Rappin Mikey
06-19-2003, 11:34 AM
Sure thing, and thanks

JohnR
06-19-2003, 12:23 PM
RM it was German? OK So wir wuenschen.... Ahh Crahp!

OK - the way this software works is that it allows you to upload one image for every post and that image (every attached image) gets stored in the database. The other way to post pics is to link them. What that means is that they are hosted somewhere else on the internet. That means if you have a cable modem or dial up account with free web space like attbi.blah/users/~fishinfool/ and you can up load pictures to it, open the link to the picture and higlight the web address (the whole http : // domain / path / picture.jpg ), then you can just click the IMG tag in the VBCODE section of your reply, a window opens to ask for the link to the picture, paste it in and you can put up a few pics in one post and the pics never go into my DB since they are still on your server.

Your ISP is probably the easiest & most overlooked way to do it. Other options are: free sites but sometimes you get what you pay for :)

Rappin Mikey
06-19-2003, 12:40 PM
Thanks, that makes it a tad bit eaiser for me to understand. Emphasis on tad. I'll go that path from now on. And only if I get somethin over 40 lbs.