View Full Version : games our kids cannot play any more...

FishermanTim
10-11-2013, 10:23 AM
I heard that a school (I can't recall where, but it shouldn't really matter) has banned the game of "tag" as it was deemed too dangerous for kids to play!

I hope that the school is challenged on this, but knowing how many parents don't want to get involved, it will probably stand.

whiplash
10-11-2013, 10:48 AM
God forbid the kids get any exercise running around they may fall and "hurt" themselves.
We are doomed !

buckman
10-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Blame the lawyers and the lawsuit crazy, irresponsible parents that hire them.
My daughters a preschool teacher... Trust me the school lawyers make it very clear as to when they open themselves up to liability .
Very sad
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rockport24
10-11-2013, 11:10 AM
oh you gotta be kidding me! the allergy stuff is another one.. don't get me wrong I understand it's a serious situation for the kids that have them, but its just crazy I never recall anybody being that severely allergic to anything when I was a kid except for the occasionally bee sting thing...

FishermanTim
10-11-2013, 12:54 PM
The schools don't want to take responsibility for anything except teaching the kids how to read and write and....oh, wait, they can't even do that without having to teach the kids (english and non-english speaking) how to pass the MCAS test first.
Then if they have time left in the school year, they teach them about science and history that had occurred BEFORE Obama took office.

They say that history is doomed to repeat itself.

Well, not if it isn't getting covered in history class!!!
Most kids take on history probably goes as far back as when they invented texting. :smash: