View Full Version : Conditions today 10/12/13

nightfighter
10-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Northeast. 10-20 with gusts. Got out this morning, hoping to get some cod before it built up. Turned around just two miles out of the harbor as I was hitting 3-4' at 0730...and it built a lot quicker than forecast. Friend boat was seeing 5-6 another 4 miles out from me. Tried inside the harbor with squid but no signs of life. Hit the beaches and the weed and cross wind made it all but unfishable.

What did the rest of you find? Just wondering... If BB is anything like it was up here today on the 27th, I would not entertain making the drive.... So just looking for comparison reports.

ProfessorM
10-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Ross I hit canal in morning, sloow. Wind was easy till about 8, bailed as schoolies have been the norm last 2 days. Went down cape and did my yard stuff, beautiful day. Came back off Cape around 2 wind was howling along canal and overcast, real fall type day. Like 2 different days. Hit the canal and I was pretty much only one out there. Figured strong NE wind blowing into canal this time of year with tide rising was perfect IMO. Ended up Losing a fish you dream about in close on a stick shad. Fish came out of the water like a tarpon the hit and run was spectacular. I got a 38 on Monday and this was much bigger. Man I put in 25 hours at canal this week, 6 straight days, for that fish and it came unbuttoned. Oh well I won't forget that for a while.

big jay
10-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Bummer Paul. That's one you'll think about all winter.

I cancelled trips this weekend just based on forecast, don't usually do that but I knew it was inevitable - I didn't feel like driving down just to cancel.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

ProfessorM
10-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Yeah Jay that one hurt. Smart move on the cancel looked real uncomfortable out in the Bay. This wind has been relentless.

big jay
10-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Frustrating to say the least.

ProfessorM
10-12-2013, 07:00 PM
You still doing bass trips or more off shore stuff?

big jay
10-12-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm just about done - no school tuna to speak of this year, so I cancelled the trips I had. Trying to get out for big ones on my own when weather allows.
Had 2 groups that wanted to get out this weekend for what's left of the bass but it wasn't in the cards.