View Full Version : MS Tourney Condensed Rules

JohnR
10-18-2013, 07:58 AM
Oct. 18,19 and 20.
START -FRI. OCT.18, 2013 - 6:00 PM
ENDS - SUN. OCT. 20, 2013 - 8:00 AM

Short Rules

FISHING AREA: Napatree Point to Narrow River Narragansett, NO BLOCK ISLAND
All fish must be caught from the Shore/Surf and weighed at Cardinal Bait & Tackle in Weekapaug, R.I. , Snug Harbor Marina in Wakefield, R.I. and Quonny Bait and Tackle in Charlestown, R.I.
Team's 3 largest Striped Bass and 3 largest Bluefish
S-B minimum 32" length
In the event a tie occurs: The measured length of each winning fish will be added to the total weight.
All fish will be measured from the nose to the end of the tail.
All fish weighed and entered in the contest, will be entered in the book by someone other than the person who caught the fish.
After a fish is weighed and entered in the contest a punch mark or knife cut will be made near the tail. Note: If the angler is going to mount the fish the mark or cut is not necessary.
Rhode Island Fishing/ Beach Regulations will be adhered to at all times.
All anglers fishing in the tournament must have a valid saltwater fishing license. ( Rhode Island License -- License from another State)
Note: Striped Bass must be 32 inches minimum length to enter in the contest.

AWARDS:

Surf Club Champion. Determined by the combined weight of the (3) heaviest Striped Bass and the ( 3) heaviest Bluefish from a participating club.
A continuing trophy with the surf club champions name and year will be awarded.
The winning club maintains the trophy for ( 1 ) year.

Note:

There will be awards given for the Largest Striped Bass and the Largest Bluefish.
The first pick of the raffle table will be awarded for the Largest Striped Bass and the Largest Bluefish.

Special Invitation by RIMS

RIMS welcomes all MS Tournament participants to the RIMS Cabin for a fisherman's breakfast, Saturday morning Oct.19. (8:00am to 10:00 am.) RIMS breakfast consists of eggs, bacon, toast, home fries, orange juice, and coffee.
Donations are gratefully appreciated and will be presented at the Sunday Awards Breakfast.
The RIMS Cabin is located on Quonny Beach. ( 4 wheel drive vehicle is required)

WEIGH STATIONS

CARDINAL BAIT AND TACKLE SHOP ( CONTEST HEADQUARTERS )
660 ATLANTIC AVENUE
WEEKAPAUG, RHODE ISLAND 02891
TEL. 401-322-7297
Cell 401-588-9004
E-mail -- www.cardinalbaitandtackle.com

HOURS:
FRI. CLOSES at 9:00 PM,
SAT. OPENS at 7:00 AM CLOSES AT 9:00 PM
SUN. OPENS 7:00 AM

SNUG HARBOR MARINA
410 GOOSEBURRY ROAD
WAKEFIELD, R.I.
TEL. 401-783-7766

HOURS:
FRI. CLOSES at 6:00 PM.
SAT. OPENS at 6:00 AM CLOSES AT 6:00 PM
SUN. OPENS at 6:00 AM.

QUONNY BAIT AND TACKLE
CONTACT ROBIN AND JEFF NASH
5223 B OLD POST ROAD
CHARLESTOWN R.I.
TEL. 401-315-2330
CELL 413- 330-5037

HOURS:
FRI. CLOSES AT 7:30 PM
SAT. OPENS AT 5:00 AM CLOSES AT 7:30 PM
SUN. OPENS AT 5:00 AM

gannetgil
10-18-2013, 11:44 AM
CARDINAL BAIT & TACKLE CLOSES AT 7:00 P.M. ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 18, NOT 9:00 P.M.

wader-dad
10-18-2013, 12:09 PM
John Where is the awards breakfast? Andrea again? Is it open? Don't see the breakfast mentioned.

JohnR
10-18-2013, 01:59 PM
John Where is the awards breakfast? Andrea again? Is it open? Don't see the breakfast mentioned.

I'll need to dig up the form but I believe the tent will be open for Breakfast Sunday morning for the awards. The Andrea is mostly gone - the tent on the patio is what they are working from

pbadad
10-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Breakfast awards reception at the Andera under a tent which the management will leave up for the M.S.