View Full Version : Cold World Series opener

Saltheart
10-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Gonna be a cold one for the WS opener tomorrow temps in mid forties. I wonder if that affects the pitchers sitting on the bench in the later innings? Anyway , I think the Sox have it in 6.

striperman36
10-22-2013, 07:19 PM
20 degrees colder than today, with drizzle dropping off by the first pitch. Not sure about in 6.

The Dad Fisherman
10-23-2013, 05:19 AM
This series definitely has 7 game potential....St. Louis is a very well rounded ballclub.

We beat Detroit because they weren't...There bullpen was a weakness that got exposed,as well as there sloppy defense.... and they had no speed on the basepaths..... and Cabrera was a bit banged up.

Sox bats need to wake up.....I don't think they can get away with a bunch of 2 for 20-somethings in this series.

spinncognito
10-24-2013, 07:11 AM
This series definitely has 7 game potential....St. Louis is a very well rounded ballclub.

We beat Detroit because they weren't...There bullpen was a weakness that got exposed,as well as there sloppy defense.... and they had no speed on the basepaths..... and Cabrera was a bit banged up.

Sox bats need to wake up.....I don't think they can get away with a bunch of 2 for 20-somethings in this series.

The Cardinals made Detroit look like gold glovers last night. If that was well-rounded we may very well see another sweep!

The Dad Fisherman
10-24-2013, 08:14 AM
They played like they were nervous and tight last night...I Don't expect that all series....Not that I'd Mind :hee: St. Louis was #1 in fielding percentage and #2 in Errors allowed in the National League this season so that was an anomaly (Gift) last night

I'm hoping for a "Welcome to the World Series, Rookie" moment tonight from the sox. This Kid Waccha has been untouchable in the playoffs...like to see him get touched for a few tonight. Lackey can erase all the ghosts of his Red Sox past with a solid performance tonight.

Carlos Beltran is questionable for tonight...would be a big loss for the Cardinals to lose him for any amount of time...he is their "Papi"

Raider Ronnie
10-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Good win last night.
The Red Sox are off to a good start to bringing the Cup back to Boston.

Bronko
10-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Good win last night.
The Red Sox are off to a good start to bringing the Cup back to Boston.

:uhuh:

Saltheart
10-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Beating Waccha tonight would leave us sitting pretty going to St Louis.

Worst night of World Series Fielding I can ever remember. I think they had the jitters but man they looked bad. Lester was fantastic!

If the cost of Papi losing a GS means Beltran misses a couple of games then it was worth it. He's their best player and we didn't need 4 more last night. Hope he's not hurt bad but a couple of games without his at bats sure would help our side.

Mike P
10-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Beltran can get hurt sneezing. Another great Mets free agent success story. Guy seemed to be hurt more than he played.

The Dad Fisherman
10-24-2013, 11:07 PM
.I Don't expect that all series....

Told ya......
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spinncognito
10-25-2013, 05:18 AM
Sox were the bumbling ones this time. Too bad as they ruined another clutch Papi moment.

PaulS
10-25-2013, 02:19 PM
How about all those 22- 24 year old Card. pitchers. People are gonna have to deal w/them for a while.

Saltheart
10-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Between the relief pitcher and the catcher it looked like little league follies last night. He throws a way outside ball on 3-2 pitch , catcher allows the double steel , catcher lets ball get by him at home plate then the pitcher all but throws it into the stands. I mean nobody is perfect but those two didn't even have a clue last night!

Saltheart
10-25-2013, 04:22 PM
How about all those 22- 24 year old Card. pitchers. People are gonna have to deal w/them for a while.

See if they (St L) can afford to hang on to all of them now that they have distinguished themselves.