View Full Version : WTF

Clammer
11-10-2013, 04:15 PM
was she thinking :smash:

no off road sticker ..... AAA told her good luck

a fellow fisherman offered to get her out for $250.00 ,she had no money & two kids in the car.

Unfortunitly I couldn,t help with my truck <><

spence
11-10-2013, 04:17 PM
"Ma'am, I guarantee you this vehicle with Volvo's advanced all wheel drive will go ANYWHERE"

-spence

Chunkah
11-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Not even a tourist! Pretty funny stuff right there.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

smac
11-10-2013, 04:44 PM
practically an everyday day occurrence out here on South beach during the Summer.

massbassman
11-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Hilarious... wonder if she's on the phone asking,"Did you say right or left at the beach?!"

Saltheart
11-10-2013, 05:49 PM

a fellow fisherman offered to get her out for $250.00 ,she had no money & two kids in the car.

I pulled about 8 people out of the ruts , aired them down and followed them out over the 15 years I had the permit. What kind of A hole wants to charge a lady with kids to help her off the sand?? Times sure have changed.

stripermaineiac
11-10-2013, 06:05 PM
LOL and the DEM guy told me if I was caught on the beach down there with out a permit-no exceptions-it was now a $3000 fine LOL.$250 would be cheap even if a bit unsportsmanly LOL

Fish On
11-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Gotta move a lot of sand but digging under and in front, unloading all weight and deflating should move the car with a shoulder or two on the back. At least she didn't have to worry about the tide. I ended up on the wrong side of the dunes on Southbeach MV on the way to the breach in 2006 (the older, man made salt - pond breach), had a tow truck on the way but was QUICKLY running out of time. Deflated everything to the max, dug like a hound, enlisted the help of two good samaratin passerbys, popped it out in reverse 4wd and bolted all the way back up on top and all the way to the entrance at about 30 mph in reverse. The only thing going faster was my heart rate. The MV Times headlines going through my head were, well, thank goodness for good samaratins.

zimmy
11-10-2013, 06:46 PM
I pulled about 8 people out of the ruts , aired them down and followed them out over the 15 years I had the permit. What kind of A hole wants to charge a lady with kids to help her off the sand?? Times sure have changed.

That really is the "wtf." Would of taking 5 minutes of time to pull her back out and air her down. She would have driven right out.

stripermaineiac
11-10-2013, 07:59 PM
A lot of these new SUVs have one problem. No clearance. The track a Yukon or pick up makes is a guaranteed bottom out. Even with airing down. 3 weeks on the Vineyard pulled 5 out and 1 two times in the same week. Old school does work still. A snatch strap with a clevice or tow hook and just pull em backwards then air em down.Instead of diggin em out jack them up fill tire holes an put a peice of plywood under each tire while you fill ruts so the next one don't get stuck.

JohnR
11-10-2013, 08:11 PM
I once saw a guy in his black Mitsubishi Eclipse buried in the sand at Weekapaug a few years back, not very far from the lot (30 feet?) . His grilfreind was cute - woulda rescued here

Clammer
11-10-2013, 08:11 PM
she had no clearance / a VOLVO

she would of had to have a truck strong enough to actually pull her to hard ground && I didn,t see any of that ;;

I just can,t figure WTF she was doing .unless she actually thought she could drive down the beach to show the kids Taylor Swifts mansion :confused:

Finaddict
11-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Other than what Spence said ... which very well could be true ... was the woman in her right mind ... meaning could she have been drinking, had low blood sugar or something that impaired her mental state?

Cause that is a big WTF on so many fronts.

However, when I lived on Long Island and had my 4-wheel drive Jeep Wrangler, one day I was a bit lazy and didn't air down quite enough, was driving onto Smith's Point during a lunch break ... fell into a whole or something on the way into the beach (in the path through the dunes) and my vehicle wound up resting on the sand, but the wheels couldn't grab the sand ... a number of guys were right there to help out before I even stepped out my car ... gave me a few pointers ... helped me rock it back and forth and I was back on my way to work with my shoes filled with sand and slacks covered in sand as I had to get down and dig it out.

I could have gotten my self out on my own, but those guys were really nice, no questions asked, jumped into action immediately and provided a few tips on making the transition in and out of the beach.

I was lucky.

stripermaineiac
11-10-2013, 08:17 PM
A freind of mine from down there says that happens all the time at that pull on. Moms drivin an all wheel drive see's SUV go out thinks she can too . After all she's got 4 wheel drive too.

MAKAI
11-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Stupid is as stupid does

Saltheart
11-10-2013, 08:52 PM
My guess is that Volvo would have done OK if she had aired down. I used to see lots of VW bugs on the beach going like hell but they had aired down. Even big high trucks get dug in if they don't air down.

Most bizzar was a guy in a big motor home airing down then driving the beach down the Cape. He went all over for about a week and never got stuck despite just having 2WD. Funny thing to see! :)

stripermaineiac
11-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Look at some of the old Race City pic. A lot of those old buggies were 2 wheel drive. One of my best beach rigs was a 2 wheel drive ford e-350 van with 12.50 x 16.5 tires. At 15 lb wasn't anyplace I couldn't go even the pea sand past Arruda's point and the soft stuff at Pochet. Just don't do anything fAST lol

Swimmer
11-10-2013, 10:26 PM
I towed more vehicles on chappy with the f250 than I care to remember. Stopped towing with the ranger and now the tacoma. Never askec for or accepted a dime. Last montn I yelled over to this gu if he was stuck, yup he says. First thong I asked him did you air down to 15#, yup he says. So we dig a little, we dig a little more, back and forth. He is with the wufe. I dont want to embarass him, you sure you aired down cause those tires look pretty hard. Yup, he says. Where us your tire guage. He gives it to me brand new in tne package. I take it out and check. Three eere in the mid twenties and one was 19#. Yup I aired down. I cant understand I made it all the way to Lelands. Your transmission took a beating though. He backs up, goes arojnd the soft sand he made and left.

Sorry about the spelling, its late

JohnnySaxatilis
11-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Growing up on the cape, digging out ppl was just part of the beachgoing experience... always have a full sized shovel and planlks around, oh you dont have 4 wheel drive and didnt air down ma'am? No kidding... We knew the whole drill, the one time I recall getting stuck was when my buddy and I skipped school and took his tacoma out to crowes. It was in January, and we didnt get stuck cuz of sand, it was because of ice. It had rained and then a huge puddle covering the whole trail getting out to the beach was half frozen. we got over it fine, went to the donut pit and out to the beach but on the way back we made it half way across the puddle/pond, then crunch, we sunk in up to the doors in ice blocks and mud, couldnt move. We had to walk back to a guys house that lived at the beginning of the trail and beg for his help, luckily he did and helped us dig out and then tow the car with rope. Thank god for that dude :)

redlite
11-11-2013, 12:47 AM
Funny i was just talkin about this sort of thing last nite when we were out on th beach about how when i was younger on the cape and how many unaired down morons i pulled out of the sand on the hill to the south side/ mission bell at race point with the 1973 land rover and people were dumb funded that it was only a 4 cyclinder vechile and had so much pullin power in the sand. Thats why oversands requires plywood and at least a jack. Old man always had the old high lift jacks in the beach vechiles for that. Many years of young inexperienced buzzed drivin the back side sugar sand beaches and i never got stuck. Few close pucker factor rollover calls runnin the cuts but never lost the old man's precious land rover

wdmso
11-11-2013, 05:39 AM
she was in no danger.. from a rising tide..
But offering to help for 250.00 is pretty low like asking a drowning person for money before you throw them a life ring.

Its called.. Phone your Husband!! She's his headache not yours ..

I bet ya if see was a hot MILF she would have been pulled out fast

Guppy
11-11-2013, 06:47 AM
Late 60's early 70's late fall my bud (com lobster) and I are in my 2wd 58 Dodge Power Wagon looking for gear after storm between Dux and P Point. Wumph,,, hit a soft spot,, bout all we had for tools was Buds :)
With the tide lapping at the tires the oil guy headed for the point comes by driving one serious 4x with balloons,,, phew! :smash:

Next attempt was with the scuba,,,, you don't want to know😎

afterhours
11-11-2013, 06:48 AM
I bet ya if see was a hot MILF she would have been pulled out fast

yup the MILF Rescue Team would have been all over it.

piemma
11-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Had a guy in a pink caddy convertible drive onto Race Point back in 95. Got 10 feet and sunk to the chassis. We just left him there.

Jackbass
11-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Had a guy in a pink caddy convertible drive onto Race Point back in 95. Got 10 feet and sunk to the chassis. We just left him there.

I had to yank a caddy off the trail at high head. Fleet wood. His skid plate didn't make it.

Jenn
11-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Funny i was just talkin about this sort of thing last nite when we were out on th beach about how when i was younger on the cape and how many unaired down morons i pulled out of the sand on the hill to the south side/ mission bell at race point with the 1973 land rover and people were dumb funded that it was only a 4 cyclinder vechile and had so much pullin power in the sand. Thats why oversands requires plywood and at least a jack. Old man always had the old high lift jacks in the beach vechiles for that. Many years of young inexperienced buzzed drivin the back side sugar sand beaches and i never got stuck. Few close pucker factor rollover calls runnin the cuts but never lost the old man's precious land rover

Been there...done that. Helped plenty of people out there over the years but only once did we bail someone without a sticker. Didnt notice they didnt have a sticker until we followed them out (sonofa...) . If you need help and maybe a little education thats one thing. If you have no sticker, have no problem breaking the law and are too stupid/ cant read the multiple signs than I will gladly let the rangers deal with you :)

I did help out a very lost, very stuck and very unaware young woman off a snowmobile trail a couple years back though. She somehow got her Audi past the snow bank where they stopped plowing the dirt road and it became the trail :) and surprisingly made it a few hundred yards down the way. After much pushing with no luck we convinced her to empty her fine clothes out of the trunk and use them for traction. She gladly agreed to anything as long as we were helping her. Despite the ruined clothes we still saved her several bills that day! :smash:

Still cant believe people trust their GPS when they clearly see snowbanks and unplowed roads ahead!!!!

Clammer
11-11-2013, 10:18 PM
JENN , seein is believin ><><:smash:

JohnR
11-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Probably all the car commercials lately with those pretty little cars running the (hard packed sand) beaches

Stewie
11-12-2013, 08:46 AM
Was down driving around after Sandy hit. We were at the end of East Beach Road when i realized we were in deep sand. I said to myself "Oh,@#%$, I wish I had four wheel drive". Panic started to set in until I remembered I was driving my Tacoma :smash:. Stuck it in 4WD and backed out.

Mr. Sandman
11-12-2013, 09:26 AM
practically an everyday day occurrence out here on South beach during the Summer.

It is unreal how often this happens. A few winters ago I decided to take a drive on the beach in feb. Drove out past Poge. On the way back came across a lady in a car who was in panic mode. No cell phone coverage, rock hard tires and stuck up past the doors. She flagged me down and asked if I could help. No sticker, no safety stuff. Oh, and the worst part her 90 year old father who was on oxygen in the front seat.
My son and I dug her out , then dragged her out and I drove her car off the beach. It took 1.5 hours, it was dark when we were done. Temp was in the 20's and wind was 25. SHe offered to pay me but I told her it was no charge as long as she never comes on this beach again.

Another time I watched a guy in a mercedes car drive on the beach...He got about 1/4 mile and went in balls deep. He had to go 350lbs and when he got out...I just drove away and said f that.

Rockfish9
11-12-2013, 09:27 AM
My guess is that Volvo would have done OK if she had aired down. I used to see lots of VW bugs on the beach going like hell but they had aired down. Even big high trucks get dug in if they don't air down.

Most bizzar was a guy in a big motor home airing down then driving the beach down the Cape. He went all over for about a week and never got stuck despite just having 2WD. Funny thing to see! :)

My guess is that you are right...my first beach buggy was a 1967 VW bug.... fitted with the fattest tires i could get under the fenders.. that thing went ANYWHERE....biggest problem was overheating...not getting stuck..

model A's were a popular beach buggy...

unfortunatly, these days common sense isn't quite so common...

and yea.. the guy that was going to charge a mother with kids... big d**k... no matter how stupid she is.. there is a judgement day.

Clammer
11-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Rock , I totally agree on the charge ///

hit when they are down :smash:

Gloucester2
11-12-2013, 03:52 PM
I think we can all agree there is a thing called Karma :uhuh:

I can't even drive by some slob with their car hood up without stopping to ask if they need help :smash:

Clammer
11-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Talk about pissed off people / there was a PT cruiser . Broke down right at the pay window at MCD,s yesterday :fury:

Jenn
11-12-2013, 06:44 PM
JENN , seein is believin ><><:smash:

Youv'e got that right! If I never lived the story I would have never believed it myself!

MakoMike
11-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Happens everyday up and down the coast. Can't tell you how many cars I've seen stuck on the beach in Montauk, on the beaches right in town.

stripermaineiac
11-12-2013, 10:05 PM
There was a nice article back in the late 70's or early 80's about runnin the beach in one of the fishin mags.LOLkept it in the buggy for years as it gave some great tips. Love my hi lift jack and old entrenchin tools.Added to my snatch strap and they've way more than paid for themselves with all the use they've gotten. Even for the dummy in the mirror a couple times LOL. Bites forgettin to air down one of your front tires due to lack of sleep LOL

Jackbass
11-13-2013, 05:46 AM
I agree on the Karma thing anytime I have yanked someone I promise it was a mistake they will never make again.

Aside from the caddy my favorite pull was 2 years ago. Guy had a brand new Rubicon he obviously had built for him. Custom shafts gas recovery adjustable suspension, bolted bead lock ;38's winch etc. All I could smell coming over the first hill on the fire toad was clutch.

He says this thing is supposed to go anywhere. Problem was he forgot he had to lock his hubs and air down.

piemma
11-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Funny story. Back around 91 or 92 there was a spot right before High Head that would wash out on a Moon tide. One night Lanny Grazini, myself, Chirapo, Calzone and a bunch of the old guard are stopped at the wash out. Along comes this kid towing a tin boat. We told him not to try it but off he goes. Well, about 10 minutes later the boat comes floating by. Yup, you guessed it. After the tides dropped we went and found the fool with his truck in the water with the trailer and the boat nowhere to be seen. We never even stopped. He was just too stupid to help.

Nebe
11-13-2013, 07:50 AM
LOL

Clammer
11-14-2013, 02:18 PM
1 GUESS SHE THOUGHT SHE COULD DO THIS ><><

2ND BEACH , NEWPORT , BACK -IN -THE- DAY :drool:

Clammer
11-14-2013, 02:21 PM
CHECKIN OUT THE DAMAGE ON ROUTE 88 , WESTPORT .AFTER RUNNING THE DUNES AT HORSENECK BEACH >BITD i DON,T EVEN KNOW IF THERE ARE STILL DUNES THERE

RACED IN THE PARKING LOT ON SUNDAYS ......................REDCRABBER WOULD HAVE A MUCH BETTER HANDLE ON THAT ><><>:smash:

BatesBCheatin
11-14-2013, 05:09 PM
A friend of mine told me about this. He told me he pulled her out - I assumed for free. Has to be the same woman as he described her as a "dingbat with two kids and her $45000 Volvo". This is after he somehow had a flat from a screw he picked up somewhere.

iamskippy
11-14-2013, 05:11 PM

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1235254_479661748796418_773130172_n.jpg

justplugit
11-14-2013, 08:41 PM
LOL Mike, you were/are a crazy guy. :hihi: :buds: