View Full Version : Fishing Cape Ann

Fly Rod
06-21-2003, 02:17 PM
It was a great day to be on the water this morning. Even got to see the sun, "we haven't had to many weekends for that:laughs: :laughs:

Started our day going around the Cape viva the Annisquam River. Started trolling at the green can at Halibut Point for mackerel and caught aBlue fish on a sibiki rig .the blue hit the Norwegian jig Trolled for a couple of miles and no Mac's. Changed over to rapallas and caught a bunch of Blues and headed home.

taJon
06-25-2003, 06:38 PM
How deep for the blues? I'll be heading out on Saturday. Just curious. Also were the big or the 6 pounders that I heard about?

Fly Rod
06-27-2003, 08:22 PM
Sorry that i didn't reply sooner ! ! 1:smash:

Since you are from New hampshire and you must launch from there try Ipswich bay. And if you had towards Mass. try trolling in 30 fathoms. or a mile off the shore.I haven't been to the Isle of Shoals but you could try out that way.

If you are trailering your boat to Mass. and going to be around Gloucester or Rockport I would launch at Granite pier in Rockport. From there you could be fishing the bay in minutes; on the beginning of Jeffery's ledge in 15 minutes and off of Thatchers & Gloucester in 15 minutes.

You don't have to be down deep. I use deep running Repala's but I dought that they are down any more then 10 feet. Also try some night crawlers on them Blue fish.

Also behind the break water on the flat grounds usually good fishing there for blues.

Notaro
06-28-2003, 01:00 AM
nightcrawlersa? that's so sick, man, but werid. i never thought of them eating nightcrawlers. interesting diet they have...

Fly Rod
06-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Yup ! ! !:D :D Night crawlers. Cheaper then sea worms. And this is fishing from a boat. I don't know ifthey would work fishing from shore.