View Full Version : I'm so screwed

nightfighter
12-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Finally left the 20th century behind and got a 5c smart phone last night. Can't set up my Hotmail/email..... Navigating through for first time is slooowwww, that is I am slow. And on top of it all, my daughter is stranded in Amsterdam due to delayed flight connection.... Wx deteriorating , she is sick, and can only communicate through email....

Raven
12-06-2013, 09:21 AM
soo go open up a nightfighter@gmail account in minutes

then send her email addy open google hit gmail

vineyardblues
12-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Best of luck Ross
Hope Daughter gets well fast
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Nebe
12-06-2013, 05:31 PM
You can log into your email through your browser

nightfighter
12-06-2013, 08:47 PM
European air traffic is all screwed up due to a winter storm. Kind of what is going on in the Midwest stateside.... So she is stuck in Amsterdam for a day... And, there just happens to be a boy from town who went to St Johns Prep doing a term abroad in, of all places, Amsterdam.... So she was fortunate to have a place to stay overnight. She is due at the Amsterdam airport in a couple hours. And if all goes well, I will pick her up at Logan around 2 pm tomorrow. Meanwhile I am progressing with the IPhone. Baby steps. And glasses...

Raven
12-07-2013, 08:15 AM
should be plenty of youtube tutorials on it
missed the she's sick part
Hope she feels better soon ....

massbassman
12-07-2013, 08:47 AM
I was completely lost when we got our iPhones... always had Nextels... picked up a lot of good info on usage from YouTube like Raven said. It at least gets you the basics, and you can "explore" from there. The thing is endless... we've had our's for a year now and I'm still learning new things!:smash:

nightfighter
12-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Keep the input and suggestions coming. More time needed with youtube tutorials this weekend. Also getting the kids over to trick out the phone for me....it will be a hotrod by the time they are done with it! Much easier for me to hold with the shock proof case. It is going to take some time for me to be able to locate a contact and dial while driving. I am not big on being on the phone, but it seems like every other contractor I pass while driving is on the phone.... Getting the voice software, Siri, somewhat under control. It just requires me to do a lot of editing to how I have my contacts entered. The thing is wild. So much to explore. So much that I really don't need as well..... Not so sure that the Facetime feature is a good thing as the better half is using that every time she calls.... Maybe I should answer the next one from her from the bathroom...

The Dad Fisherman
12-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Do yourself a favor.....don't let the kids trick it out for you.....trick it out yourself with their guidance.....that way you learn to use your own phone :hihi:

Every time I ask my daughter a question pertaining to my iPad she tries to grab it out of my hands and do it for me....I tell her I'll do it myself just tell me what I have to do

nightfighter
12-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Every time I ask my daughter a question pertaining to my iPad she tries to grab it out of my hands and do it for me....I tell her I'll do it myself just tell me what I have to do

Funny, I have already had that very experience with Dani......:rotf2:

Raven
12-07-2013, 10:37 AM
what kills me
is that commercial where the baby with the Teething ring
is staring wide eyed at the tablet PC.... heh heh

nightfighter
12-07-2013, 11:25 AM
In from phone. Wonders never cease

fish4striper
12-07-2013, 04:01 PM
If your vehicle has bluetooth, enable the bluetooth in your truck and the phone to use your phone that way. If not, ask Siri " call such and such or txt such and such."