View Full Version : Say hello to everyone

vancomycin
06-22-2003, 11:56 PM
hi all, I am really new to fishing, I come to say hello to everybody and hope you can bear my stupid questions, if they are.
I heard that the season of striped bass and blue fish is coming, would anyone of you kindly inform me the ideal place to catch them? i don;t have a boat, so i have to fish at the seashore.
And, what kind of bait do you use for striped bass? blue fish?

Your kindly help will be appreciated!

Vancomycin

bloocrab
06-23-2003, 08:16 AM
The "10 steps" to follow, when "new to fishing"...

#1 - Get out the yellow pages

#2 - Call your local and not so local bait shops

#3 - Find out which shop has the freshest bait (Pogys-a.k.a. Menhaden) Ask for fresh, not "frozen fresh"...

#4 - Purchase a few fish-finders, ask the shop owner how to rig them up, they are fairly easy. Also purchase some hooks and weights (not the exercising type either) :laughs:

#5 - Ask the owner, "where can I find a few fish?", he may even give you some tips while he's at it. Most shop owners are helpful to new-comers.

#6 - Fish the spot at night for best results, fish tend to come closer to shore under the cover of darkness, try to plan it so that you arrive there about 1/2 hour before the high tide. When you arrive, get a feel for your surroundings, you need to feel comfortable if your going to be successful and more importantly...have fun.

#7 - Use the search engine here @STRIPED-BASS.COM

#8 - Use the search engine here @STRIPED-BASS.COM

#9 - Use the search engine here @STRIPED-BASS.COM

....oooooops, my keyboard must be acting up again. ;)

#10 - Come to the next S-B.com fishing "get-together"..a.k.a. "Leg" and meet up with a few fisher-people who have been at it for awhile, and ask away. You will not learn to catch fish from behind your PC. If you need help using the search engine, feel free to contact the administrator. :) Hi John!!!...

fishsmith
06-23-2003, 08:19 AM
Make this a sticky thread. Right on the money Bloo.

vancomycin
06-23-2003, 08:54 AM
thank you!!!