View Full Version : MSNBC - The Classy Network

fishbones
12-31-2013, 10:45 AM
Same old, same old. Cheap insults that are ok if it's about a Republican, but it's a federal crime if you say the same thing abou a Democrat.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=845297

spence
12-31-2013, 10:50 AM
It's what happens when you have comedians and actresses on your panel. In poor taste but jesus, if I posted every time FOX said something out of color we'd use up all of Redmond's bandwidth.

-spence

fishbones
12-31-2013, 10:55 AM
It's what happens when you have comedians and actresses on your panel. In poor taste but jesus, if I posted every time FOX said something out of color we'd use up all of Redmond's bandwidth.

-spence

Spence, you know damn well that if someone on Fox said the same thing about a Democrats granchild, there'd be a huge uproar and all the libs would be screaming bloody murder about the racist Republicans.

It's the MSNBC double standard. And the network is responsible for who they put on their panel.

Jim in CT
12-31-2013, 10:57 AM
Same old, same old. Cheap insults that are ok if it's about a Republican, but it's a federal crime if you say the same thing abou a Democrat.

It's morlly bankrupt. It's hard to imagine a more loving, generous gesture than adopting a child from a 3rd world country. If the adoptive parents are Republican, that child is fair gamne to use as a club against the parents. John McCain adopted a girl from Bangladesh. During the 2008 campaign, the New York Times ran a story that she wasn't adopted, that McCain actually fathered the girl during an affair. None of it was true., but why quibble over details?

Jim in CT
12-31-2013, 10:58 AM

-spence

Spence, please cite one instance on Fox, where a baby was used as a club against a political foe, and the host did nothing to challenge it. Surely John can spare enough bandwith for you to cite one of the many examples you have up your sleeve.

Jim in CT
12-31-2013, 11:01 AM

Don't worry, within the next few years, we won't have to buy cable TV stations in bundles, it will be a la carte, meaning we can pick which channels we want and don't want. John McCain has recently introduced such a bill. I call it the "sayanora, MSNBC" bill, because no one will pay for that crap, and that station will go under immediately. The station has no ratings...

The Dad Fisherman
12-31-2013, 11:33 AM
wondering why people aren't screaming About "First Amendment Rights" like they did with Phil Robertson....Pretty much the same thing, Somebody with access to the masses saying something stupid.

You know....Don't like what they said....but they have the right to say it.

and I think they both are idiots for saying what they said....Stupidity knows no party

Jim in CT
12-31-2013, 11:43 AM
wondering why people aren't screaming About "First Amendment Rights" like they did with Phil Robertson....Pretty much the same thing, Somebody with access to the masses saying something stupid.

You know....Don't like what they said....but they have the right to say it.

and I think they both are idiots for saying what they said....Stupidity knows no party

Simple answer is, most people (IMHO) differentiate between entertainment and journalism. Most folks expect that journalists, even those with opinion shows as opposed to hard news broadcasters, are held to a higher standard than the likes of Howard Stern. This particular network is a laughing stock, with no audience, despite their attempts to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

The Dad Fisherman
12-31-2013, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't consider that "Journalism"....considering that the 2 people on that show that made the comments were a Comedian and an Actress. Just entertainment.

and even though you say most people differentiate between entertainment and journalism....that sadly is not the case.

fishbones
12-31-2013, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't consider that "Journalism"....considering that the 2 people on that show that made the comments were a Comedian and an Actress. Just entertainment.

and even though you say most people differentiate between entertainment and journalism....that sadly is not the case.

People listen to the political opinions of actors and actresses, so even though it's an opinion there's some weight to it. As far as the other one, aren't comedians supposed to be funny?

Personally, it doesn't offend me because it points out how ignorant they are, and they are entitled to free speech. I only bring it up because if the show was on the other foot, there would be a bunch of comments from people here saying how racist and mean spirited conservatives are.

PaulS
12-31-2013, 12:15 PM
Personally, it doesn't offend me because it points out how ignorant they are, and they are entitled to free speech. I only bring it up because if the show was on the other foot, there would be a bunch of comments from people here saying how racist and mean spirited conservatives are.

Should we count how many threads have been started about vile statements on Fox vs MSNBC?

I bet Jim has started more threads alone about MSNBC vs the # of threads about Fox in total.

The Dad Fisherman
12-31-2013, 12:36 PM
I only bring it up because if the show was on the other foot, there would be a bunch of comments from people here saying how racist and mean spirited conservatives are.

instead its on this foot.....and a different group of people are saying how racist and mean-spirited liberals are.

Thats always my point both sides do it....and neither side sees it.

Again.....Stupidity knows no party

scottw
12-31-2013, 05:29 PM
instead its on this foot.....and a different group of people are saying how racist and mean-spirited liberals are. who did?

Thats always my point both sides do it....and neither side sees it.

Again.....Stupidity knows no party

I'd disagree and simply point you to the Duck guy thread and read the comments made about him...then head over to the Colorado Baker thread and note the comments made about him and then compare them to all of the offensive comments made about the woman in this thread....

love the kneejerks...."well........FOX....blah...blah....blah " :uhuh:

pretty tame for MSNBC in my opinion

scottw
12-31-2013, 05:38 PM
wondering why people aren't screaming About "First Amendment Rights" like they did with Phil Robertson I think those invoking the First Amendment defense did so thinking he should not or could not be fired for his speech...not sure I agree but I think that was the rationale ....Pretty much the same thing, Somebody with access to the masses saying something stupid.

You know....Don't like what they said....but they have the right to say it. who said she doesn't have a right to say it?

I guess

Bronko
12-31-2013, 06:40 PM
Some great tweets on this from David Burge... "If I were Freudian, I'd say Perry accused the Romneys of adopting a black child for the precise reason she suspects MSNBC adopted her."
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence
01-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Spence, please cite one instance on Fox, where a baby was used as a club against a political foe, and the host did nothing to challenge it. Surely John can spare enough bandwith for you to cite one of the many examples you have up your sleeve.
I think you're overreacting just a bit...as usual.

I didn't see the clip but it sounds like they were just relating personal experience noting the awkwardness that often accompanies a bi-racial family. Not the most tasteful thing to point out but also not the end of the world.

I'm sure Palin will find a way to milk a few more million out of it though. Must be nice to have an entire political industry based primarily on fake outrage.

-spence

scottw
01-01-2014, 01:59 PM
I didn't see the clip might be a good place to start before you roll with your primarily fake spinning. :)

I'm sure Palin will find a way to milk a few more million out of it though. Must be nice to have an entire political industry based primarily on fake outrage.

-spence

what does Palin have to do with this?

Jim in CT
01-01-2014, 05:53 PM
I think you're overreacting just a bit...as usual.

I didn't see the clip but it sounds like they were just relating personal experience noting the awkwardness that often accompanies a bi-racial family. Not the most tasteful thing to point out but also not the end of the world.

-spence

"]I think you're overreacting just a bit"

You don't think they used this baby as a club to bash the Romneys? Why did they pick the Romneys then? Why didn't they sow Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's family, which is of mixed heritage?

"I didn't see the clip "

There's a shock. Your admitted ignorance isn't stopping you from disagreeing with the conclusions drawn by those who did see it, at least those who saw it and are taking a conservative response.

You're bashing Palin? While you're at it, why not bash Eisenhower, why are you letting Ike off the hook here? A long as you are slinging arrows at random conservatives who had absolutely nothing to do with this, shouldn't you also insult Reagan or William F Buckley?

Jesus God Almighty, Palin is living rent free in your head, eh?

Raven
01-01-2014, 07:26 PM
anything with MS on the front of it instantly tells you
"there's no classiness found in here.... point blank

sorry , i am not a microsoft fan and got off track there

what happened to the editor ....he let it ride?

Jim in CT
01-05-2014, 07:58 PM
The host apologized, Romney accepted. It would be nice if, one day, one of these hosts would apologize before being forced to do so by public backlash. not a good few weeks for this struggling network.