View Full Version : Knife

iamskippy
01-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Anyone try one of these, i beleive its make by wenko
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F2UQNCW?vs=1

Raider Ronnie
01-08-2014, 09:05 PM
You taking that Chiefs loss that hard you are going to do something stupid ?

iamskippy
01-09-2014, 06:30 AM
You taking that Chiefs loss that hard you are going to do something stupid ?

Yup going after every loud mouth pata fan this weekend lok
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tysdad115
01-09-2014, 12:25 PM
I'll say it one more time....blunt tip. That is all.

Fishpart
01-10-2014, 05:50 PM
I'll say it one more time....blunt tip. That is all.

Second

iamskippy
01-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Lol i know its noy a blunt point, i dont fancy blunt points but thanks for your feedback on that aspect.

I guess the question is about the manufactor or quality from this company and bladr, dont want to deal with rust.

Thanks
Skippy

ivanputski
01-11-2014, 01:11 AM
Get a wenoka titanium... multiple sizes available, as well as blunt or pointed tip. Will never rust.

leptar
01-11-2014, 07:41 AM
Stiletto/dagger style knives are illegal in M.A. and R.I...
Just a heads up in case you didn't know.

FoliFish
01-11-2014, 08:30 AM
Not sure what brand Aqua Lung is, but it looks an awful lot like a Wenoka. I just ordered the Wenoka Squeeze Lock titanium Tanto (blunt) tip. Lost the same one at the end of last year. Had it for 3 seasons, and not a spec of rust on it....now its gone waaahhhhh. I highly recommend it. BTW, the Wenoka is the same price as the "Aqua Lung" listed in the link you posted.

Fishpart
01-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Aqualung is (or was) US Divers

iamskippy
01-11-2014, 06:50 PM
Stiletto/dagger style knives are illegal in M.A. and R.I...
Just a heads up in case you didn't know.

If i am reading this correctly Mass allows for the exception of carring these for hunting and fishing purposes. Going to check RI

http://www.thetruthaboutknives.com/2013/04/know-your-knife-laws-massachusetts/

iamskippy
01-11-2014, 07:04 PM
RI is nothing over 3" all of the blade not justthe edged part.

http://www.thetruthaboutknives.com/2013/10/know-your-knife-laws-13-rhode-island/

GregW
01-11-2014, 07:10 PM
I guess the question is about the manufactor or quality from this company and bladr, dont want to deal with rust.

Thanks
Skippy

Wenoka titanium - I've had one living on my belt for years with no issues

JLH
01-11-2014, 08:45 PM
I've had the Omer mini still on my belt for about 5 years. No signs of of rust and it rarely gets rinsed.

leptar
01-12-2014, 06:35 AM
If i am reading this correctly Mass allows for the exception of carring these for hunting and fishing purposes. Going to check RI

http://www.thetruthaboutknives.com/2013/04/know-your-knife-laws-massachusetts/

You can own just can't carry....

From the site you linked

"Banned Knives In Massachusetts
There aren’t any. When it comes to edged weapons you can own whatever you want; you just can’t necessarily carry it."

"What can you carry?(b) Whoever, except as provided by law, carries on his person, or carries on his person or under his control in a vehicle, any stiletto, dagger or a device or case which enables a knife with a locking blade to be drawn at a locked position, any ballistic knife, or any knife with a detachable blade capable of being propelled by any mechanism, dirk knife, any knife having a double-edged blade, or a switch knife, or any knife having an automatic spring release device by which the blade is released from the handle, having a blade of over one and one-half inches, or a slung shot, blowgun, blackjack, metallic knuckles or knuckles of any substance which could be put to the same use with the same or similar effect as metallic knuckles, nunchaku, zoobow, also known as klackers or kung fu sticks, or any similar weapon consisting of two sticks of wood, plastic or metal connected at one end by a length of rope, chain, wire or leather, a shuriken or any similar pointed starlike object intended to injure a person when thrown, or any armband, made with leather which has metallic spikes, points or studs or any similar device made from any other substance or a cestus or similar material weighted with metal or other substance and worn on the hand, or a manrikigusari or similar length of chain having weighted ends; or whoever, when arrested upon a warrant for an alleged crime, or when arrested while committing a breach or disturbance of the public peace, is armed with or has on his person, or has on his person or under his control in a vehicle, a billy or other dangerous weapon other than those herein mentioned and those mentioned in paragraph (a), shall be punished by imprisonment…"
"Exceptions
MA allows the carry of large fixed blades when hunting or fishing, or traveling directly to and from hunting and fishing.

There’s another odd exception which seems to allow carrying little tiny switchblades and daggers with blades of no more than 1.5 inches. Perhaps they’re considered so useless as weapons that they’re not worth banning."

I stand corrected on the RI laws...
I was always under the impression that daggers were illegal here.

RI laws are a tad different..

You can't conceal carry any blade with more then 3" from handle to tip. but you can open carry any blade of any size provided local laws allow..

iamskippy
01-12-2014, 06:45 AM
Read the exceptions piece, except for fishing or hunting.

GattaFish
01-12-2014, 10:04 AM
That same knife seems to be made by a manufacturer and sold under various brands. One of my buddies got one from a German company online. Same exact knife.

That being said. I have had the stainless ones for years and years and not one issue. The blunt tip is what I use and has come in handy when wishing I had a screwdriver.

For under $30 on Amazon the stainless won't break the bank and will last. Obviously the higher priced titanium get it done too.