View Full Version : Any interest in these?

Mr. Sandman
01-14-2014, 12:38 PM
Cleaning out a storage closet and found these...any interest?
4 Laptew striper videos, 1 fluke and one cast net instruction. all VHS format

paradoxjim
01-14-2014, 01:39 PM
I'd grab them for my club to keep in the library. Narragansett Pier Sportfishing Association, Narragansett Surfcasters.

Mr. Sandman
01-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Perhaps I can toss them in a bag and mail them to you. I would bet your club has these...Mike lives right in your 'hood. But if you want them PM me your address.

Liv2Fish
01-14-2014, 07:14 PM
Are these gone? I'd love the cast net video. I have a 12 footer but I can't make it open right. Lands like a taco every time:wall:

O.D. Mike
01-14-2014, 08:29 PM
Liv2fish,
This video helped me throw my net better, you can view from your phone in the backyard. The neighbors tend to look at you funny, I'd rather look like a fool in my yard than on the ocean.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOUkj2h2LjI

Hope this helps!

Goose
01-15-2014, 12:59 AM
What are those odd looking square things?

Mr. Sandman
01-15-2014, 04:17 PM
I just hate to toss that stuff in the trash...I know the format is obsolete but the content is not. Mike did a great job on these.

Paradoxjim, I dropped them off at the PO this afternoon, you should have them in a few days. I hope someone can put them to good use.

The cast net video is the same as the youetube one above. Good video and I have used that exact technique with great success. There are many approaches. Also, his advice on buying a net is priceless. Other than a completely custom made net the calusa nets are far and away the best production cast nets I have ever used...I think I have tried 5 different brands, these throw great and stand up better then those cheap ones. Once you throw one you will know. I have had to spill out bait because I could not pick it up many times. Maybe that is why my back is shot.

Liv2Fish
01-16-2014, 09:25 AM
Liv2fish,
This video helped me throw my net better, you can view from your phone in the backyard. The neighbors tend to look at you funny, I'd rather look like a fool in my yard than on the ocean.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOUkj2h2LjI

Hope this helps!

Thanks. I'll give it a shot. Looks easy enough….

mtejo
01-16-2014, 11:41 AM
I used that video to learn how to throw and it works