View Full Version : Rods, Reels, and tackle - Bereavement Sale

BrianS
01-19-2014, 07:25 PM
My uncle unexpected passed away recently. His entire life revolved around fishing and hunting. Unfortunately, he also left some unexpected expenses behind and we are trying to recoup costs for my grandfather so we are selling most of his gear. This first batch is primarily rods and reels, and a little tackle. I have additional tackle to go thru and will post later on. See the gallery in the link below.

http://imgur.com/wEYJ43V,O5bofPM,s2JvZB3,djuVqRh,QCtpZAK,wOPUk7g,BV f9u9B,UYtLZsF,LjvzJC6,BrMf1p4

Make me an offer.

Quick List of reels, all are on rods but I haven't inventoried the rods they are on yet:

ambassedeur 7000 (red) x2 on ugly stick lites... 6' medium action.. says 10-17lb test
Penn 420 x2 on ugly sticks
Penn 430 on an ugly stick
Abu 4600 C3 x2 on ugly sticks
10' conventional - not sure of the blank, but seems sturdy (blue black in the pics)

iamskippy
01-19-2014, 07:34 PM
Whats the rod the big game is on is thatba diawa saltist?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

1dozenraw
01-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Sorry to hear that... hope all works out OK.

I'm interested in the Big Game 6500CL... please describe condition... corrosion, cosmetic and mechanical condition,
and can you tell me what you are looking to get? Thanks.

Hookedagain
01-19-2014, 08:32 PM
Does the fish finder have a transducer? Manual?

Hookedagain
01-19-2014, 08:33 PM
What do you have for hunting gear?

JamesJet
01-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Gosh, Sorry to hear that Brian. I have been poking around for the following random stuff as my son is getting into fishing, drop me a PM if you end up finding some. Not really any "needs" but since we are meeting up anyways I figured maybe I would pick up a few more things if we could work it out.

Beach Chunking rod(s) Conv. or spinning
Sinkers boat and pyramid
Lightweight schoolie type rods - maybe those ugly stick combos?
I also might be interested in those cod jigs any general idea on weight?

James

BrianS
01-20-2014, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the interest everyone.. I am headed out for a bit this morning but ill respond to everyone as soon as I get home.

zacs
01-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Brian. My deepest condolences..

BrianS
01-20-2014, 01:38 PM
skippy: I am not sure which one you are referring to.. Which pic? If you mean one of the the 6500's, there is no info, he might of done it custom, but I am not sure.. I have two of the exact same rods. one with a CL and one with a C3.. cork handle, one piece.. nice setups.. definitely used for striper.

1doz: I think your referring to the same one skippy is.. See above.. The reel itself is in excellent shape.. no real scratches or anything. From the look of it, its ready to fish. If it is a custom or at least decent rod, probably $140? I can certainly let you take a better look. I actually have 2 of the CL setups and 1 C3...

HookedAgain: Yes, it does, its in the package right below the fish finder in the picture. Lowrance HSD-WSDX... As for hunting gear, going thru that next. There is a bow (I can get info) arrows... I think a tree stands and different equipment, but I haven't gone thru that yet as its in storage and we have been focusing on the apartment. I can check with my dad.

James: the Abu 7000's are on medium action ugly sticks, but aside from them, not much I would consider a specific schoolie setup. Maybe the abu 6500c3 setup. There is a Ben Doeer/St Croix 10' spinning rod with currently no reel and a loose Penn 7500SS that might be good for chunking.

The cod jigs... I have ALOT of them.. but that specific box is
3 17.5oz
1 17.5 that needs to be melted down and started again (assuming its lead?)
1 26oz
2 10oz
5 diamond jigs feel like 8oz?
3 of those mackerel looking jigs.. somewhere between 6-8oz I guess.

None of them have hooks (the hooks are in the box but need to be attached) except the diamond jigs.

1dozenraw
01-20-2014, 02:42 PM
Hey Brian... I am only interested in the Abu 6500CL Big Game reel or reels. If you want to sell them separately shoot me a price for one or both as long as they are in very good or better shape. Thanks.

iamskippy
01-20-2014, 05:39 PM
The blk big game on a pistol grip looks like a blue wrap, is the one i.was refering too.

1dozenraw
01-20-2014, 05:55 PM
The blk big game on a pistol grip looks like a blue wrap, is the one i.was refering too.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile deviceYou want the reel or the rod? If he has two reels... hmmm... still waiting for a price on the reel anyway. I am easily confused besides...:smash:

iamskippy
01-20-2014, 06:28 PM
I was looking at the pistol grip rod, i have a reel i need a stick for

1dozenraw
01-20-2014, 08:33 PM
I was looking at the pistol grip rod, i have a reel i need a stick for

That's what I thought... well we'll wait for Brian and see if he'll split and sell the reel (s) to me and rod to you.

BrianS
01-20-2014, 08:44 PM
I just got home.. Long long day.. I promise to go thru and reply to everyone as soon as possible but probably not till tomorrow morning.

BrianS
01-21-2014, 11:04 AM
I would be happy to split up the 6500's and the rods

Going based on what I see online, the reel goes for $150... So would you do $90? If you want both, I need to decide if I want to hold on to the second one, but I am leaning twords letting it go.

As for the rod, I have no idea what it is. I am going to throw a random number out there - $50. If you think its less or more, I will not be offended with a counter offer.

1dozenraw
01-21-2014, 12:10 PM
Brian... if it's in very good or better shape, I'll take that one (6500CL Big Game) for $90... if you want to sell both, let me know the total and how you want payment, etc.

BrianS
01-21-2014, 12:16 PM
1doz- excellent shape. Ill give you a definite answer on the second tonight.

iamskippy
01-21-2014, 06:19 PM
Hey B can you give me any details on weight range etc?

O.D. Mike
01-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Sorry for your loss Brian....

BrianS
01-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.. been a tough couple days.

I just sent out a flurry of PM's. If I missed you.. just ping me.

thefishingfreak
01-26-2014, 10:40 AM
There are some really really sweet party boat rods in that pile!.
Not junk or outdated all custom wrapped, And really worth a look. Some penn graphite boat trolling set ups ready to go as well as some fluke seabass set ups. Lots of freshwater stuff as well.
A sweet box of canal metal. No more cod jigs though:hee:
Really worth a look.

Thanks again Brian.
by the way, what was your uncle's name?

BrianS
01-26-2014, 05:41 PM
Thanks Mike!

My uncles name was Glenn Susol. I wouldnt be surprised if a few guys here had crossed paths with him at some point.

bisoned
01-31-2014, 11:44 PM
Brian

Interested in the 7000's on the lites, shoot me a price if still for sale?

Nebe
02-01-2014, 07:56 AM
Is the second big game available? Is it a CS? (level wind)?

Raider Ronnie
02-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Very sorry for your loss Brian.
RIP to your uncle.

BrianS
02-01-2014, 11:27 AM
both big games are gone.. sorry eben...

Thanks Ron, much appreciated.