View Full Version : #^&#^&#^&#^&'s Sporting Goods - what a joke!

FishermanTim
01-30-2014, 01:22 PM
I had looked online for some ice fishing gear I wanted to check out, and they had a couple of things there that I was interested in.

Unfortunately they don't stock most of the stuff in the stores that they try and sell online. That in itself wouldn't have been so bad, but what they DO have instock is 1/4 of the store dedicated to BASEBALL, SOCCER AND FOOTBALL gear.....in freaking January!!!!

I shot the Customer Service dept. and email tactfully explaining my distaste for the store and why I will avoid it at all cost in the future.

Their "textbook" reply was the standard "We stock our shelves 2-3 months in advance of the upcoming season."

If that were so, why the hell didn't I see any ice fishing gear there in October/November?
Why, it's because they are full of crap!

I should have learned my lesson last winter when I saw the same thing.

I don't know who their marketing genius is, but they obviously didn't pass marketing class! (I wonder exactly how much baseball and soccer gear they sell in the 3 month period BEFORE anyone can actually go out and play the damm sports???)

Oh, and the same is probably true for Sports Authority.

Rockport24
01-30-2014, 03:09 PM
You're taking your fate into your own hands when you walk into one of these stores, as it's always hit or miss. I go into #^&#^&#^&#^&s occasionally for ammo, because believe it or not, it's cheaper there than any local stores, but they only have what I want like half the time..

I'm sure somebody will reply "support the local guys" and there is a lot to be said about that because they will usually have what you want

The Dad Fisherman
01-30-2014, 03:28 PM
Its like Deja Vu....All Over Again :hihi:

Guppy
01-30-2014, 06:29 PM
Do not shop there on line,,, Do not shop there on line,,, Do not shop there on line,,, Do not shop there on line,,, Do not shop there on line,,, Do not shop there on line,,,

F n nightmare and "absolutely" no customer service by phone. Made the mistake of doing a little last minute Xmas shop there.

Oh, did I say Do not shop there on line,,,

fishbones
01-30-2014, 06:48 PM
I had looked online for some ice fishing gear I wanted to check out, and they had a couple of things there that I was interested in.

Unfortunately they don't stock most of the stuff in the stores that they try and sell online. That in itself wouldn't have been so bad, but what they DO have instock is 1/4 of the store dedicated to BASEBALL, SOCCER AND FOOTBALL gear.....in freaking January!!!!

I shot the Customer Service dept. and email tactfully explaining my distaste for the store and why I will avoid it at all cost in the future.

Their "textbook" reply was the standard "We stock our shelves 2-3 months in advance of the upcoming season."

If that were so, why the hell didn't I see any ice fishing gear there in October/November?
Why, it's because they are full of crap!

I should have learned my lesson last winter when I saw the same thing.

I don't know who their marketing genius is, but they obviously didn't pass marketing class! (I wonder exactly how much baseball and soccer gear they sell in the 3 month period BEFORE anyone can actually go out and play the damm sports???)

Oh, and the same is probably true for Sports Authority.

Have you ever heard of indoor soccer or indoor baseball clinics? My son is playing and I'm coaching soccer right now. There are a bunch of indoor places close to me that have those sports indoors during the winter. And #^&#^&#^&#^&s seems to be doing ok. I bet they sell more soccer stuff in January and February than they sell fishing and hunting combined. People go to more specialized stores for that stuff.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device