View Full Version : Windows 8 Refresh problem

nightfighter
02-22-2014, 09:33 PM
I refreshed my laptop the other day, no that I knew to do so.... It was a Windows 8 refresh and it took out a good number of applications, and also programs such as Office, which came preloaded when I bought the machine. So I can't open documents.... Computer also restarted itself today, so I can only reset back to...today. Need some advice.........:smash:

Redsoxticket
02-22-2014, 10:26 PM
Checkout "Microsoft Office Online"
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR
02-23-2014, 01:39 PM
On your desktop should be a TXT file with the applications that were not reinstalled. M$ really effed this one up.

You must reinstall the applications, find your original disks (if you have them) and look for original product keys and reinstall the apps. If you have the key, you can download the correct version from M$ and reinstall.

Best option is to backup with Shadow Protect ($100) to a USB drive in case of restores needed.

Raven
02-23-2014, 05:56 PM
i think you could do a system restore back before the date (restore point)
you decided to do the refresh and get everything back

it takes some time for it to complete ...then you'd have your programs back
copy those wanted to an external hard drive (handy to have)

nightfighter
02-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Had to buy new office pro. Home/student office not compatible w 8. Going on nine hours. No connection. Indian supervisor came on call to say they needed 24 hrs and not to call them. I am so effed and pissed with Microsoft

Raven
02-23-2014, 06:47 PM
I am so effed and pissed with Microsoft

I feel your Pain..... truly

i have disliked their (we're no longer supporting that)
crap for a LONG time....

when i was in school for networking technology
they we ending the tests before we even finished our Classes
talk about STABBING you in the Back

nightfighter
02-23-2014, 08:23 PM
Back up after resetting through manufacturer, HP. BUT the Indians called back offering to reinstall everything, for another $259.00. Eff that. Telling American Express not to pay the first $120.00. I can read my docs, but not sure about Office yet. I will be changing PW's and getting the machine cleaned up locally...... Next machine is gonna be an Apple. Been doing this since second period of the gold medal game this morning.....F you very much Microsoft for not doing QA before you released Windows 8

nightfighter
02-23-2014, 08:28 PM
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-office_install/microsoft-office-professional-plus-2010-missing/ea98c51b-f263-403c-8864-f1d47ab54b3f?auth=1

Found this, but not doing anything with it right now.......

fishaholic18
02-24-2014, 08:34 AM
F$#@! MS
https://www.libreoffice.org/

Raven
02-24-2014, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=fishaholic18;1032825]F$#@! MS F$#@! MS F$#@! MS

F$#@! MS F$#@! MS F$#@! MS F$#@! MS F$#@! MS F$#@! MS

yeah Buddy ! :)