View Full Version : Retiring from Charter fishing

Fisherwoman
02-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Hi All, just wanted to let you all know that BIll and I have decided to stop chartering and just go enjoy our fishing. We have had one hell of a run, but with all of the health issues Bill has had and all the stress I have had, and now us also helping take care of his mom, its time to just kick back relax and enjoy our passion.

This will also give us a chance to get out with some S-B.comers that we keep trying to get out with every year but never seem to connect. I am sure people won't mind pitchin in a little for fuel to get out and rip some lips and have some fun. I am actually totally looking forward to it and so is Bill.

SO we will still be around just can't wait till the season starts. We want to thank everybody on here for all of the years of support you have giving us through chartering and personal illness. as I have said many times there are no better people than here on S-b.com:love:

BigFish
02-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Count me in Jules! Nothing like getting out with you and Bill! I am down for fuel and I will bring the wood! You guys are awesome......enjoy your kicking back time and make great memories! You both deserve it!:uhuh:

Swimmer
02-28-2014, 11:43 AM
Count me in Jules! Nothing like getting out with you and Bill! I am down for fuel and I will bring the wood! You guys are awesome......enjoy your kicking back time and make great memories! You both deserve it!:uhuh:

Hey, me too.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Got Stripers
02-28-2014, 11:58 AM
Good call and I'd love to get out with you two some day this season, I'll bring plastic:).

niko
02-28-2014, 12:23 PM
you'll probably fish more

Fly Rod
02-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Sorry to hear that....and everything that the both of U have been through...only U and Bill know when it is to much and we all hate to give up what we love to do...some friends and relatives do not quite get it when one gives up their passion whether it is skiing, hunting and what both of U love to do, fishing.....enjoy it while U can.

Wishing U both the best.

piemma
02-28-2014, 01:49 PM
Good luck as the 3 of us head into retirement.

Guppy
02-28-2014, 02:05 PM
Not working (retirement) takes a little getting use to,,, about 10 minutes! :biglaugh:

all the best, enjoy it

iamskippy
02-28-2014, 02:45 PM

Count me in too :jump1:

BigBo
02-28-2014, 03:51 PM
I still have a trip to make with youz guys from last year that we never got to do?

fishsmith
02-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Just think .... Less knots/tangles, lost gear, rod tips not scratching surfaces like a blind mans walking cane, leaving on time and going to the 'really' good spots :)

Enjoy it, you two surely deserve it.

chris L
02-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Its time . the 2 of you get out and enjoy yourselves you guys deserve it . You guys had a great run for years . now its time to enjoy life , fishing and each other

Swimmer
02-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Everyday is saturday

hardcore from shore
02-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Count me in too. FYI that 7'6 rod and Okuma V series reel I got for schoolies from you at last years yard sale saw great action and I caught a lot of fish on the combo. I added snook, redfish, spotted trout and ladyfish in Florida on it this month.
Also lot's of Tri- State fish on it too.

Best of luck and good health and good fishing to you and Bill.

Bill

Tagger
03-01-2014, 06:56 AM
Enjoy your retirement ..

Fisherwoman
03-01-2014, 09:43 AM
can"t hardly wait for spring start fishing the cape about april 29 or 30 . going to try and surf fish more or may be just fish MORE would really like to fish with more guys from the sight. when we put the boat in we put up some days to fish for s-b members only .so we will start putting up post as soon as we start tight lines to all. capt.bill

Finaddict
03-01-2014, 10:08 AM
can"t hardly wait for spring start fishing the cape about april 29 or 30 . going to try and surf fish more or may be just fish MORE would really like to fish with more guys from the sight. when we put the boat in we put up some days to fish for s-b members only .so we will start putting up post as soon as we start tight lines to all. capt.bill

:kewl:

Fisherwoman
03-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Hey Bigbo, I have not forgotten, you are on the list as we OWE you a trip, last year we had #^&#^&#^&#^&tty fishing, so we want to get you on a good trip even if you have to do more than one:)

Thank You all for the kind words and we are definately looking forward to hooking up with a bunch of you and making some new memories and talking about the old ones!!!!:drool:

jredfly
03-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Saw Billy at the club the other night, he looked great. I am soooo happy for you guys. Enjoy!!!:btu:

Necker1
03-02-2014, 11:06 AM

Happy to hear that you are gong to relax and enjoy life more. I hope to do some surf fishing with you two, like the old days.

thefishingfreak
03-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Take the time to enjoy yourselves and I will see you both on the water.

wdmso
03-03-2014, 09:18 AM
I hope you enjoy your retirement. may ask a question I am looking to start a Charter I have no expectations that I will make a living from it thats not my reason for starting one. I am just looking to supplement
my gas and boat payment and I enjoy fishing

What would be your top 5 do's and dont's in your experiences

Thanks

BobT
03-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Congratulations !!!! Time to enjoy life and as they say, "fish more, fish more often"

Fisherwoman
03-05-2014, 06:16 PM
wdmso when you have time just give juls a call . will help if we can capt.bill

Swimmer
03-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Julie and Bill will have to rent a house in Dodger's Hole again that has forty three bedrooms and numerous bathrooms.

JohnR
03-06-2014, 07:27 AM
Julie and Bill will have to rent a house in Dodger's Hole again that has forty three bedrooms and numerous bathrooms.

:love:

mtejo
03-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Good luck and see you on the water

BEETLE
03-06-2014, 11:22 AM
I'll second Frank's motion - 3 weeks at Dodgers Hole and Albies
Ya Baby ! :drool:

Fisherwoman
03-09-2014, 09:08 AM
:love:

BEETLE
03-09-2014, 10:00 AM
It's all your fault....... :smash:

BEETLE
03-09-2014, 10:06 AM
:soon:

blue oyster
03-09-2014, 02:06 PM
I didn't see you out last year much , I hope you enjoy your retirement , best of luck and health .thank you for all your great tips , tight lines

fish4striper
03-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Have fun Bill and Jules!