View Full Version : I know I shouldn't be shocked, but....

FishermanTim
03-03-2014, 04:10 PM
I was going to pay my excise tax online, but while reading the online particulars I notice that they will be charging a 2.98 % service charge ($1.00 minimum) for me to pay online.

They can kiss my arse!

I am aloready giving the state more money that isn't being used for its intended purpose, so why the hell would I spend more money after that???

I'll pay by check, spend the $0.49 cents and give them a choicefully worded breatement t boot.

Our state is truly screwed, from the top to the bottom and back to the top again ('cause it felt so good the first time)!!!

Raven
03-03-2014, 07:03 PM
nope ain't WORTH it even if it's free
WHY?
because "not" paying your excise tax sets off a chain
of events like a chain of DOMINO's
and eventually your drivers licence gets suspended
your insurance cancelled or your registration revoked

i take them in PERSONALLY and get the dammed town stamp
right on the excise tax form EACH year....

anyone who's reading this and who has just Moved
you still owe them to the town you were living as on 1/1/14

The Dad Fisherman
03-04-2014, 06:32 AM
The state doesn't get the convenience charge...the company providing the service, in this case invoicecloud.com, receives the convenience charge.

They certainly aren't going to perform transactions for free.

....and those that want to pay the convenience charge from the comfort of their living room are welcome to pay the fee....those who want to walk to the mailbox don't have to.

Sea Dangles
03-04-2014, 07:24 AM
Information is liberating tim
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

FishermanTim
03-04-2014, 11:37 AM
The state doesn't get the convenience charge...the company providing the service, in this case invoicecloud.com, receives the convenience charge.

They certainly aren't going to perform transactions for free.

....and those that want to pay the convenience charge from the comfort of their living room are welcome to pay the fee....those who want to walk to the mailbox don't have to.

I have no problem mailing it in.
I was just surprised to see what they charge for the "convenience" fee.

The other slap in the face is that the state isn't processing the online payments themselves (which would have meant hiring someone IN Massachusetts) but rather send the business to another state.

So we are basically paying another state to process our state tax payment.

And the state is still scratching their empty heads wondering why they're always broke???

The Dad Fisherman
03-04-2014, 01:16 PM
The other slap in the face is that the state isn't processing the online payments themselves

Then people would be bitching that the state hired someone to suck off the government teat and all they do is process excise tax....its a Lose/Lose situation.

This is the best case scenario...no benefits to pay anybody, and if people use the service they pay for it and if they don't use they don't pay for it.

and we're not paying another state to collect for us...we are paying a company to collect for us.

FishermanTim
03-04-2014, 01:54 PM
OK, OK, I should have said "We're sending business to another state".

It's a shame we can't return the favor and do the same for some other states, but I guess one look at our "welfare" system would be a deterrent to any states wanting to do business with us.
I know the "state" isn't the one doing the actual work, but you do have to admit that the competancy of a business run in a state like Mass would be viewed as less than favorable.
Kind of like saying they are "guilty through association".

The Dad Fisherman
03-04-2014, 06:30 PM
but you do have to admit that the competancy of a business run in a state like Mass would be viewed as less than favorable.
Kind of like saying they are "guilty through association".

I fail to see the logic in that.....there are plenty of fine businesses that operate in MA.....

So you're saying that you don't like all the taxes that MA is charging you, but any businesses that operate in MA are "less than favorable" even though the more businesses in MA that pay taxes and hire more people that pay taxes will help offset your overall tax bill.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device