View Full Version : MSBA Expo Plymouth 3/8 & 3/9

Rmarsh
03-04-2014, 06:51 AM
Not sure if it was already mentioned here yet.
Haven't been to any shows yet this year.
Gonna go check this one out.
Anyone else thinking about going?

piemma
03-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Not sure if it was already mentioned here yet.
Haven't been to any shows yet this year.
Gonna go check this one out.
Anyone else thinking about going?

Maybe. Depends on the weather. If the weathermen are right and it's in the high 40s, I'm staying home and barbecuing. First day close to normal in a month and I'm not going to be inside.

niko
03-04-2014, 05:41 PM
im going sunday. seems like massbass has a new infusion of energy and hoping the show reflects it

fishbones
03-04-2014, 06:43 PM
I'll be there Sunday with the kid. Hoping my dad makes it up off the Cape to meet us, too.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Fiske27
03-04-2014, 08:10 PM
im going sun.

chaz
03-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Time and place.sounds like a good time

vineyardblues
03-05-2014, 08:01 AM
I cant wait for sunday,
Lots of friends and great vendors,the true first sign of springtime in NE

JohnR
03-05-2014, 08:03 AM
Sounds like Sunday is a go ;)

Hookedagain
03-05-2014, 09:21 AM
We will be there on Saturday.

BasicPatrick
03-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Seminar, Casting field and updated vendor lists are now up on the web site… check out www.msba.net

I just confirmed this will be the first New England appearance of the new Century inshore boat rods

BasicPatrick
03-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Attention all BOAT ANGLERS…Breaking NEWS…This weekends MSBA EXPO in Plymouth will be the first appearance of the brand new Century Inshore Boat Rods. Knowing what Century does with surf rods I'm sure these cutting edge boat rods are going to be hottttttt. Come getchasome this weekend.

Liv2Fish
03-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Seminar, Casting field and updated vendor lists are now up on the web site… check out www.msba.net

I just confirmed this will be the first New England appearance of the new Century inshore boat rods

How about the Nor'easter line?

Swimmer
03-05-2014, 04:01 PM
How about the Nor'easter line?

They are supposed to be available this week or next. I am waiting for them myself.

chefchris401
03-05-2014, 04:07 PM
They will be there and I will have both of mine with me, I'll be in the stormr booth if you want to check them out

Liv2Fish
03-05-2014, 04:13 PM
They will be there and I will have both of mine with me, I'll be in the stormr booth if you want to check them out

Awesome! Are you going to be there both days? It's looking like Saturday morning for me.

chefchris401
03-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Saturday only for me personally

tysdad115
03-05-2014, 05:22 PM
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

tattoobob
03-05-2014, 05:27 PM
I'm going to try and make it, My wife is really sick this last month and I'm her care taker when I'm not at work

Swimmer
03-05-2014, 06:20 PM
I'm going to try and make it, My wife is really sick this last month and I'm her care taker when I'm not at work

Nothing serious Bob I hope?

BEETLE
03-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Going to try to get there and help out for Friday set up.
Saturday have a funeral to attend. May slide in after - if possible.:smash:

Sunday working. :smash:

eskimo
03-05-2014, 06:31 PM
said I wouldn't attend any shows/events besides plugfest, SWLCC, and TCTFN but I might go. Is it weird to just not need anything? The only thing I ever need is terminal tackle with M&D's sale rules all.

I'll skip RISSA as well.

thefishingfreak
03-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Probly Saturday

ProfessorM
03-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Sunday most likely

mag minnow
03-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Shooting for Saturday. Just to check stuff out mostly.

trevier
03-05-2014, 10:12 PM
saturday, will be looking for a conventional jiggin rod.

BasicPatrick
03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Greetings all…We just updated www.msba.net with an almost complete vendor list, a seminar schedule, an indoor casting diamond schedule, and details of the prizes in our grand raffle

Everything is relative but here are my Top 10 Reasons to Attend The MSBA EXPO:

10. Renew your MA Fishing License
9. Show special discounts on fishing charters
8. Free indoor long distance & fly casting lessons
7. Learn the RED HOT technique of Vertical Jigging for striped bass
6. Discounts on gear for striped bass, tuna and ground fish.
7. Free children’s activities sponsored by Bimini Bay Tackle
6. Presentation by scientists that worked on the striped bass stock assessment
5. See/buy unique and hard to find fishing related items
4. See friends from across our fishing community
3. FIRST MA appearance of the NEW Century Inshore Boat Rods
2. Meet Capt. Ralph of “Wicked Tuna” TV @ Coastal Angler Magazine Booth
1. Support the ONLY recreational fishing organization that maintains a presence at ALL fishery management bodies.

Your top ten might be different so come check out the show and let us know what you think.

Patrick Paquette
MSBA EXPO Committee

Necker1
03-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Sally and I will be working the Membership desk both days. Drop by and say hello!

fishsmith
03-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Be sure to check out the Daddy Mac Lure booth, those babies were candy to bass of the sea and striped genre. He's got some sweet swimmers this year too. The owner Jack Houghton will also be giving seminars on Saturday and Sunday. If you stop by his booth tell him Team Fishsmith will be kicking a$$ again in this years fantasy baseball.

johnny ducketts
03-07-2014, 11:50 AM
I think I'll bring Cam on Saturday, never been before, looks fun.

fishsmith
03-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Good show, it was quiet today but that was nice for talking to vendors and some old friends. BRING ON SPRING!!

Fiske27
03-09-2014, 04:40 PM
i think it was a good show,alot of work to put that together,great job to all involved.ill be there next year.

Slingah
03-09-2014, 06:22 PM
I went today with The Lurker ......trying to get psyched up to do some fishing this year. I saw and heard about all kinds of new rods, gear etc. I'm going to use the stuff I have. Nice to see all youse guys.

niko
03-09-2014, 07:40 PM
good to see you matt and everyone. the show was good. was cool to play with the fibrestar rods at the mgc booth. I'm going to have a sb 1086 made. and the new boat rods from century are pretty sweet

Liv2Fish
03-09-2014, 08:54 PM
was cool to play with the fibrestar rods at the mgc booth.

You gotta be #^&#^&#^&#^&tin me! FSC had rods there?? I've been asking John for months now when/where I can get my hands on one or even see an actual rod. He still hasn't answered whether or not he's going to be at RISSA and there's nobody that reps them up here. Please don't tell me there were MTK Marauders there.

Mike J.
03-09-2014, 08:58 PM
On Behalf of the MSBA team, I would like to thank everyone that went to the EXPO this weekend. It was great seeing a lot of familiar faces and meeting so many new folks all sharing a common interest. We truly appreciate your support and hope to see you again in the future.

Thank You.

Mike Jones
President, Massachusetts Striped Bass Association

Mike J.
03-09-2014, 09:04 PM
You gotta be #^&#^&#^&#^&tin me! FSC had rods there?? I've been asking John for months now when/where I can get my hands on one or even see an actual rod. He still hasn't answered whether or not he's going to be at RISSA and there's nobody that reps them up here. Please don't tell me there were MTK Marauders there.

I did look at the MTK Maurauder and the other FSC rods at the show. Very nice rods and decent price.

M.G.C. in Pembroke has them, Not sure if he had any left from the show but give him a call.

BasicPatrick
03-09-2014, 09:09 PM
I just want to thank all the attendees and vendors that particpated in yet another MSBA Annual EXPO. Saturday was awesome and although today was slower...as someone already pointed out, this event isnt and will never be about a large number of vendors or crowds. The MSBA show is put on by fisherman for fisherman. We try and present a show with the right stuff not all the stuff. We hope everyone had a good time. I worked my butt off and am a bit bummed I didnt get to chat with many of you. Time for a well earned 12 hour nap.

niko
03-09-2014, 09:18 PM

mgc is doing a demo day on april 26th. john from fibrestar is gonna be there with a bunch of rods. guess the plan is to bring them to the beach/canal after and put them to the test. love mine

seadogg
03-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Stopped by the show today and ran into a few old friends. Grabbed a couple new plugs I'm certain I don't need, and drove the scenic route home. The ponds are still frozen solid but spring is almost here!!

tysdad115
03-10-2014, 07:31 AM
I was there all weekend , hanging out shooting the breeze with everyone.

Hookedagain
03-10-2014, 07:42 AM
How come I haven't gotten the call to pick up my new Kayak? I know I must have won....Danny said he sold me the winning ticket. Oh well, maybe they will call today.

JohnR
03-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Wish I made it - life (again) got in the way.

How come I haven't gotten the call to pick up my new Kayak? I know I must have won....Danny said he sold me the winning ticket. Oh well, maybe they will call today. :rotf2:

BEETLE
03-10-2014, 09:19 AM
Same here -
Friday washer repair :smash:
Saturday funeral :smash:
Sunday work :smash::smash:
:buds:

maybe I'll make it to RISAA

piemma
03-10-2014, 09:21 AM
Wish I made it - life (again) got in the way.

:rotf2:

Me too. Just got busy with family and the show went by the boards.

fishbones
03-10-2014, 10:40 AM
I took my son and met my dad there yesterday. I thought the show was ok. It would have been nice if all of the vendors actually showed up. I did see a couple new products that looked interesting and enjoyed chewing the fat with a bunch of people from the site.

stripermaineiac
03-10-2014, 10:43 AM
I want to thank all of you that stopped by the booth. was a great show with seein all the freinds an aquaintences-LOL- think it was spelled right LOL.Lots of nice toys an so little time to try them all.Thanks again to MSBA for a great event. Looking forward to many more. Sure got the fishin fever goin. Tight lines all got more plugs to make. Ron