View Full Version : Now there's the story about.....

FishermanTim
03-04-2014, 05:06 PM
The NJ teenager (18 yo) who ran away from home because she didn't like that her parents were "strict" (meaning they were doing their job as parents).
This girl is suing her parents to get financial aid.
She ran away only as far as her friends house where she has been living, and her friends parent is a lawyer, which tells you were the lawsuit was dreamed up.

This has all the earmarks of a liberal's poster-child event, where the case will garner much media attention, and end up creating just one more pain in the butt for the family court system.

I can remember my parents say on more than one occaision (I have 5 brothers and 3 sisters) that "If you don't like the rules of THIS house, don't let the door hit you on the back on the way out!"

Oh, and that did not mean that the parents would support you in any way. This snot-nosed little twerp should be forced to spend a night in a homeless shelter, wear dirty clothes for a week, and scrounge around for leftovers just so she understands that running away from home isn't a vacation from reality....IT IS REALITY!!!

Now if the parents had kicked her out for some ultra-conservative, looney reason I could see some sort of legal recourse, but SHE left because she didn't want to follow their basic rules of the house.

Oh, what a world!!!