View Full Version : Hey Fisherwoman...

schoolie monster
02-26-2001, 02:28 PM
Instead of an all girls trip, how about an All Pennsylvania trip where you take me to all your secret spots on the cape?

No good, huh?

Hey, is the MSBA meeting this week? I may have the kid wednesday, but if not, I want to start going to those meetings again. My wife's schedule is about to lighten up a bit, so I should find myself with some extra time.

You and Bill ready to start fishing yet... I've been climbing the walls the past few weeks. I just bought a bunch of stuff (lures, plastics, a flyrod, saltwater trolling motor) and I've been getting stuff in the mail the past week. Its been like Christmas! I thought this would help me get thru the rest of winter, but its only made things 10 times worse. I want to throw the stuff on a hook and slam some fish!

And this crappy weather... I can't even go outside and tinker with the boat, or practice fly-casting in the yard. Purgatory I tell ya.

And if I see one more person catch a fish on TV while I sit couped up in my house, I gonna reach thru the screen and strangle 'em. At least my daughter likes to watch the fishing shows. She can correctly identify stripers, tarpon, rainbow trout, and several species of sharks. Yeah, the brainwashing has begun.

Geez, I just vented, sorry... I feel better anyway... See ya soon.

JohnR
02-26-2001, 03:44 PM
Schoolie?? Speaking of fishing trips, do you and your wife have plans for September for a week of vacation?? My wife and I are thinking MV near the end of September... Rent a house... Fish... Play in the sand...Fish...

chris L
02-26-2001, 04:07 PM
schoolie
I know how you feel I went to the tackle store to hang out Saturday morning . While I was there I strung up one of my reels and went casting for 2 hours with my kids .

One good thing I was watching an outdoors show this weekend with my daughter(6) and out of the blue she says " dad why is that man shooting all those ducks , he can only eat one and I saw him shoot 5 of them . I dont want to watch this show anymore this guy kills to many ducks " . She ythen asked me why I didnt hunt ducks and I said and explained to her there is no catch and release in hunting . I like fishing with you dad you put all the fishes back . I leaned over gave her a hug and a kiss . then I got one of those great I LOVE YOU DAD hugs .AHH she is thinking conservation at such a young age I didnt think that way until I was about 14 and Ive been practising c&r ever since . This girl is ready to fish hardcore . Maybe I can bring her on the girls day at the cape ! She is only 6 and needs her daddy with her for all fishing stories to be varified . HEHEHEHEHE im only kidding ladies did I mention I have waist length hair with curls . Now can I go .

Jenn
02-26-2001, 04:44 PM
Fisherwoman....
Gee did you ever think so many of the guys would be trying SO hard to get in on the deal???partly humorus....partly making me feel bad.......

I say the daughter can go but chances are if you let us take her for the day (sorry you cant go to verify :) ) that you would probably be bugging her for details!!! HEH HEH HEH!!!! Sorry...cant do that to the poor child....... ;P

chris L
02-26-2001, 06:19 PM
you ladies cant blame us for trying , can ya . have a good time !
its tough always fishing with salty dogs . LOL ;)

Fisherwoman
02-26-2001, 06:32 PM
Hi Schoolie Monster, I guess maybe we will have to try and arrange a seperate mystery trip to the cape for the whole gang that wants to go, but as I said girls day is girls day!!!! Sorry. I do want to get together with you and the misses this year and do some cape fishing, then again maybe she will want to do girls day with us, without you Hmmmmmm!!!! You may want to mention that too her. As for the club the meeting is on this Wed night. Will be nice to see ya, if you get a chance to make it. I am BUGGING OUT, house burnout, fly tying burnout, sick of the snow, lackoffishy NEED TO GO NOW!!!!!!!!!, should just about answer your question on that one. We are picking up all the reels that needed some repair work from the reel guy Wed at the club, its going on the rod immediatley, the surf bag is ready. BRING IT ON!!!!!

Chris L, we would love to take your daughter along, but I am sorry you will have to stay home, and no you can't interragate her when she gets home. LOL, Sounds like she is going to be quiet the fisherwoman, thats really great, and it sounds like she really enjoys spending time with dad outdoors!!!

Jenn, I definatley think we could bring Chris L's little one along, I love seeing those little buggers light up when they hook up, totally makes my day. As far as feeling bad, I am not trying to discriminate guys vs gals here, just trying to give you a few places and fishies to catch without feeling pressured.

JohnR, check out www.mvy.com for all your Vineyard info. Its a pretty good website.

AND IF I CATCH YOU GUYS FOLLOWING US ON GIRLS DAY YOUR IN DEEP SH##!!!!!
ROTFLMAO!!!!

ragfly
02-26-2001, 09:18 PM
What do you mean there is no catch and release in hunting? You have never seen me shoot!

JohnR
02-26-2001, 10:01 PM
Isn't that more like scare and release?? Don't you guys have something like 3 more months of winter?? ;D

schoolie monster
02-27-2001, 02:24 PM
ChrisL... there's some hunting show on after saltwater journal weekdays on OLN. My daughter (3 1/2 years old) and I usually watch fishing during dinner.

The other day I was cleaning up and the hunting show came on. I was loading the dishwasher and not paying much attention and my daughter started asking me, what happened to the duck? Without thinking about it I saw that they shot a couple of ducks, so I said, "they're hunting, and they shot the ducks."

Well, her little lower lip started quivering and her eyes got all teary. She was having one of those emotional days and started crying asking why they were killing the ducks. It was one of those tough explanations... it was pretty funny. She wanted to be sure her rubber duckies for the tub would be safe.

Yeah, I come from Pennsylvania where everyone I knew hunted. My dad, uncle, cousins... my dad has 30 acres of wooded land and I've seen 10 point bucks, flocks of 20+ wild turkeys, and tons of grouse on his property. I just never got into it. Fishing was always my thing. I'll kill a few fish to eat, but for the most part, I like to see my catch survive. Its just the respect I have for nature I guess. Unless I caught like a lobster or steamers... they wouldn't stand a chance.

schoolie monster
02-27-2001, 03:13 PM
Hey John,

We're actually headed over to Nantucket for two weeks this september. After last years semi-debacle in Florida (it was fun, other than the wedding stuff, but was less relaxing than I-93 during rush hour), we decided to do two weeks this fall.

We really missed that week of peace and solitude.

You guys gonna be around this weekend? The DMR survey ends wednesday!!! All cases must be turned in before the first of march. Thought we might stop down.

FW... I will mention that trip to my wife, but definitely, we'd love to do some spring cape fishin'...

ps... my mom looked at some houses down there this past week and she really liked a couple. One was in Harwich... I could swim to Monomoy with my rod in my teeth... I told her that would be ok with me. Pretty sweet, aye?

JohnR
02-27-2001, 03:22 PM
Schoolie,
Sure you want to go there for two whole weeks? How about just one week there and one at the Vineyard?? Derby, Derby, Derby!!! Come on! Why on earth would you want to fish side-to-side with a hundred tourists with Bill Fisher S-glass Lamis fishing Penn 6500SS reels upside-down for 2 pound bluefish?? Come to MV. Expand your comfort zones. Your wife hangs out with my wife and you and I can fish!!

Harwich is cool ;D

We may be around this weekend but I might go on a cruise on the Thames if I'm lucky... I know Gwen would love to Britta and Mrs.luresnapperoffer

chris L
02-27-2001, 03:31 PM
schoolie
the rubber duck part is funny as can be . The poor little darling started to quiver her bottom lip . Thats so cute when they show their dimay that way . What a cutie !
Let her know no one will hurt her rubber colored ducks as long as daddy is around . I think its a cute duck thing kinda like ( dont shoot bambi ) .

If im hungry bambi is going down with one shot .

I like shooting guns have for 30+ years . its just I have a city family and they dont eat game at all . So I dont hunt , Im not against it nor am I against keeping fish

schoolie monster
02-27-2001, 05:22 PM
Chris L...I don't have a problem with it either. Deer hunting is very necessary, or we'd have deer up to our @$$es. I like shooting too. I just never got into shooting at animals. Gunning down a hapless animal at 300 yards with a high powered rifle, I don't know... its kinda like trolling for schoolies with wire line... no sport. I think I would like archery or even muzzleloading 'cause it would be a much more even match. Bird hunting has some appeal.

But, I certainly don't have a problem with those who enjoy it. It brings alot of the same aspects of fishing. Outdoors, camping, hangin' with the guys... I used to go on the trips and trout fish or walk the woods. Just didn't carry a gun.

Man, that lower lip thing... it can break a proud man down, huh?

John...sorry dude, we already booked in January. I wouldn't give it up anyway. Karen, Brittany, and I haven't gotten away alone for awhile and we really need it. I know the fishing is better (though last years results were mixed) at the Vineyard, but wall to wall fisherman may not be what the doctor ordered this year.

After Florida last year, I definitely need this year's vacation to be a vacation. Not a battle of wills between us and our wives, or us and some hacks from NJ who keep launching 4oz. hopkins over my line.

I definitely want to hit the Derby one of these years, but I can't squeeze in an extra weeks vacation between 2 in Nantucket in September and a week in Canada in October.

ps... nothing against NJ folks... just using as an example.

chris L
02-27-2001, 09:12 PM
schoolie
yeah im like a bowl of jello after that they have me wrapped . the other one is head down lower lip over top lip eyes looking up through their hair . all you hear from me is ok girls what ever you want .

Yes ladies my daughters have me wrapped around their fingers . When they get older you can bet daddy will get to know their boy friends , extra caution here I know boys . good thing there arent too many drive-ins left in CT . I think there is still 2 or 3 . Their heads would get in my way ( I will be in the back seat of every date ). Yeah right they will say dad we will see you monday ill say ok girls what ever you want .lol
man im in for it I have 2 beautful girls .

Fisherwoman
02-27-2001, 09:42 PM
Schoolie Monster, don't worry we will definatley get together, but please do mention girls day to Karen, maybe she would enjoy that little fishing getaway.

GS, you are still on the list, and I am still considering getting as many people from here that may want to go and do a little mystery trip to the cape if anybody is interested.

Chris L, bambi never gets away from us PA girls, I do enjoy venison very much and go hunting down on my parents farm, over 100 of beautiful farm land, and deer everywhere, so we all hunt my whole family, mom & dad, 4 brothers, 1 sister and now the nieces and nephews are getting to that age that about 5 of them hunt now, its a great family get together every year, don't care to much one way or the other if I get a deer or not, but sure love the solitude of the woods, its a great feeling being out in mother nature, just like fishing. Your girls sound adorable!!!!

JohnR
02-27-2001, 10:12 PM
A mystery trip. Meet at the Sagamore Dunkies at 5 am, hop over the other bridge after fishing a particular point and then the tour of from Mashpee to Osterville :P -Oh dagnabbit, that's MSBA's secret mystery trip, sorry... FW - that would be cool. I don't think I hit those spots with you two at all last year...

Got Stripers
02-28-2001, 09:25 AM
Sounds good to me FW, just give me a heads up and a couple days notice. What's on the list of essentials for the trip? What's the usual fair for the striped ones, plastic or something harder that swims lol. I assume spinning gear? Got the neoprene waders, pair of felt soled boats, but no korkers are they a must? I'm soooooo pumped up for this season, I can't wait to tackle some large.

Tight lines.

JohnR
02-28-2001, 10:05 AM
GS, waders yes, Korkers or felts not necessary. These are all sandy spots (except for a certain jetty which is probably not in the plans). Setup for wet weather as some spots you can wade pretty high (waders plus dry top). You may wish to pack light, high and dry...

Plan on various bucktail jigs and teasters, Small poppers and swimmers like atoms, creek chubs, rebels, mag minnows, and/or yozuris.

This stuff has served me on several enjoyable and successful FW/BC expeditions to the Cape... CAN'T WAIT!!!

Depending on when this occurs, bluefish could be on deck too. Recommend long nosed needle nose plyers or your favorite anti-bluefish, finger saving, lure/plug extraction tool...

chris L
02-28-2001, 12:08 PM
FW
everyone I have ever met from PA hunt . They say the same thing its a family affair . Thats great what a way to go hunting , your siblings spouses and parents . Sounds awesome the good outdoors family and good food .my family is still trying to figure out why I fish not my girls though they know it makes me happy and to be able to do it with them just makes it that much better .

Thank you for the kind words about my adorable girls . They are beautiful I will have to make sure if I see you at the mass bass show to show you their picture . I may have my oldest with me , depends on her schedule .

Clammer
02-28-2001, 06:01 PM
fisherwoman , count me in ,by then I'll have an idea on what i'm doing and I'll have the proper gear, even if I don't it would be great to hook up with you and B/C and others on this site, I like Johns idea , and after taking a ride today I can pick him up at his fron door without slowing down// But John my little f/w 14 footer works real well at the end of your street on that so called ramp // I caught your number today///

Got Stripers
02-28-2001, 08:10 PM
Sounds like the makings of a spring fling to me? Although, a sneak preview (FW/BC ssshhh) would be fine too. I will discuss the tackle more this weekend John, but no mention of plastic? I'll change that in short order, because my hand pours are like the american express card to me, I don't leave home without them :).

Boats in the shop today, and luckily (I HOPE) they found a fantom problem with the outboard not wanting to go into gear. Wierd and only happened twice, both frigid mornings and never happened later that day. It would over rev, rather than drop into reverse or forward. I assumed a frozen linkage, but I figured I better play it safe with a 150 HP. They found fishing line, which I never saw and apparently a seal had let some water by, so I'm waiting for the verdict. I'm sure I'll be good to go by Sunday, just a matter of how much lighter in the wallet, lol. Actually the action is so close to the ramp, I go down and use just the trolling motor without batting an eye.

Never heard from Jenn, she headed north? If so we will have room for one more pour soul, tight lines.

Jenn
03-01-2001, 12:01 AM
ok..ok....you dont have to make me feel even MORE guilty!!!! :) on one hand I cant wait for fishy.......on the other I cant wait to blast the trails on my machine....this time of year KILLS me!! (especially when I have been offered a spot on a boat) AAAHHHHHHH!!!!

as for spring fling.......heehee.....I know where that dunkies is!! :P ( I know where a LOT of dunkies are :) ) count me in.....

and last but not least...Chris.....you had better watch yourself with those girls.........I was raised by two very old fashioned and protective parents........but boy oh boy....I got away with some scary things in my teenage years! (fun then...scary looking back on them) but needless to say...BEWARE OF THE BEST FRIEND!!! If they end up being like normal teenage girls they will most likely pull the wool over your eyes like you never thought possible!!! HA!HA! good luck! ;P

JohnR
03-02-2001, 08:16 AM
Clammer,

You must have seen the BEAST out front while driving by... it pretty much states it's purpose.
Yes that ramp in military terms would read, "Aquatic Vehicle Marine Access Facility, Unimproved"... I don't think I'd want to put in any thing there bigger than a 20 foot center console...

Chris L,

Didn't you have your girls on the cover of The Fisherman last year?? First keeper bass or something?

Chris, #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, and Schoolie - While I certainly would have been happy with a baby girl too, I won't have the big fear of seeing a daughter go on a first date like you guys ( or a second, third or however many until they are 40 years old). That's just too scary. All I need to do is to try to teach Liam to be a gentleman....

chris L
03-02-2001, 09:55 AM
No john that wasnt me on the cover of the fisherman . must have been another great fisher and dad . I shy away from pictures being taken . You never know what law enforcement agency is looking for you .
Oh no wait ........ Im in the witness protection program yeah thats the ticket yeah witness protection . At the mass bass show Ill have to come in disguise .

Slipknot
03-02-2001, 08:37 PM
[quote]John R (03-02-2001 09:40):

Chris, #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, and Schoolie - While I certainly would have been happy with a baby girl too, I won't have the big fear of seeing a daughter go on a first date like you guys ( or a second, third or however many until they are 40 years old). quote]

John, You mean you are only going to have boys for children? or are you and the wife stopping at 1 child? No girls? that's no fun gotta have some diversity.

JohnR
03-02-2001, 08:53 PM
Hey Slip,

Yeh, were stopping with just one child. His cousin only lives a couple blocks away so he'll sorta have a big sister a few years older. But my wife and I think we'll just have Liam. That can change of course if the hands of the biological clock start spinning like a fan again but right now, that's all for us...

Clammer
03-02-2001, 11:33 PM
JOhn, your right, I saw the beast, looks like the right setup to me. Mine has four wheels but thats about all as far as a fishing setup// more ski-doos use that ramp than boats, A 20 footer would have a problem at low tide // no dropoff at all, Is the West wall worth it in the spring? There are other places, without the people.// Marked pods of bait today, right on schedule.I have to get in gear about what I'm going to do this season after Patrick buying all that gearGuess I'm afraid to commi.t to anything because of my personal life, But thats not right either. God I hope to get my s--- together// later ENJOY what you have//

JohnR
03-03-2001, 12:18 AM
Yes and yes Clammer. There will be time for the fishing and not much is really needed for that. More important is for you to work on what's most important, you and your family...

Slipknot
03-03-2001, 09:30 AM
Yep, I can understand that John. That is great that he has a cousin close by. So you guys can focus all your attention to Liam, I'm sure he will grow to be an outstanding person. It won't be long before he sets the hook on his first panfish.