View Full Version : The Break Hotel, 'Gansett

bart
03-19-2014, 02:16 AM
Hey guys,

My girlfriend Emily and I will be co-managing the brand new hotel, The Break, in Narragansett starting this summer for the next 2 years. We move down April 9th and then into our apartment at the hotel in June. Come say hi if you're in the area - we're right across from Aunt Carrie's. You can check out the rooms and amenities on our website www.thebreakhotel.com. Great place to bring the wife as we have a roof deck lounge, on site restaurant, small salon and spa, year-round outdoor saltwater pool, hot tub, etc...

We are super excited to be a part of this as there is nothing quite like it in the area. Hope to see some of you throughout the season! Tight lines...

Rob

pbadad
03-19-2014, 05:28 AM
Best of Luck. Nice spot for vacation. How's the booking for the summer?

Bronko
03-19-2014, 06:35 AM
Congrats kid!

Swimmer
03-19-2014, 06:52 AM
Wish you the very best in this journey.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR
03-19-2014, 06:59 AM
Nice - good luck! What does the hotel look like?

Jim in CT
03-19-2014, 07:16 AM
Sounds great, good luck...

snake slinger
03-19-2014, 07:36 AM
Congrats! Sweet!

Gobi
03-19-2014, 08:01 AM
Cool. If its the one I'm thinking of, I've been watching the construction for a while now. Good luck to you and Emily. I'll drop by for a drink with my wife sometime this summer!

Nebe
03-19-2014, 08:27 AM
woo hoo!!!

Rob Rockcrawler
03-19-2014, 08:33 AM
Nice, i too have been watching the construction of the place. Not a bad place to call home for a couple years. Have fun and good luck.

Clammer
03-19-2014, 08:36 AM
ENJOY .what a great place to work & live ><>,:love:

I,ll be in touch , My sister & her husband rent a cottage every summer for 3 - 4 weeks just down the road from there ><><:fishin:

iamskippy
03-19-2014, 08:58 AM
Looks fancy, assuming walking.in with wadders, spikes and smelling like eels isnt acceptable?

wader-dad
03-19-2014, 09:15 AM
My wife loves the whole Jonathan Adler design stuff. She hunts Home Goods for his marked down vases and pillows and stuff I see they are using Adler looking furnishings and fabrics in the decorating. So she is there.

No grip studs on the decks.

Dick Durand
03-19-2014, 09:35 AM
Good luck to you and your girlfriend, Rob. You're within walking distance to some good fishing opportunities.

BigFish
03-19-2014, 10:10 AM
This thread reminds me of a movie?
http://youtu.be/I1Btd6hN68U

JohnR
03-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Looks fancy, assuming walking.in with wadders, spikes and smelling like eels isnt acceptable?

No grip studs on the decks.

Or Bonnie will come yelling at you - justifiably so :doh:

ivanputski
03-19-2014, 11:09 AM
Skip Aunt carries... iggy's crushes them in quality.

the length of the line doesnt lie.

piemma
03-19-2014, 01:47 PM
Hey Rob, good luck. Jeanne and I will come by this summer

bassballer
03-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Conrgats Rob. We will definitely stop in for a drink this summer.

JFigliuolo
03-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Close to what at one time was a few phenomenal fishing... only time will tell if those days return. Good LUCK sounds like a great opportunity. Nothing like being able to run out, fish for an hour and be back home in bed if it sucks..... I'm jealous!

shadow
03-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Joes right but I still feel one spot over there can be pretty productive from time to time. I know I would be very excited to move into the area. Especially in the off season the beaches become yours.....I really miss living in Soco :(

JFigliuolo
03-20-2014, 06:42 AM
Joes right but I still feel one spot over there can be pretty productive from time to time. I know I would be very excited to move into the area. Especially in the off season the beaches become yours.....I really miss living in Soco :(

I KNOW your right! Those times are much fewer and far between, but if I lived there and could run and gun for an hour or 2 every night or so.... Oh man. I'm getting wood just thinking about it.

Raven
03-20-2014, 02:14 PM
This thread reminds me of a movie?

this makes me think S_B Party :uhuh:

The Iceman 6
03-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Best of luck Rob.

piemma
03-20-2014, 03:53 PM
One of the pictures on the hotel website shows some jamoke standing "ON MY ROCK"!!!!!!:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2:

bart
03-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Sorry for just getting back to this thread. We're down in WV visiting my grandparents, been super busy. Was just outside drooling over the Cabelas that is next door to where we're staying :eyes:

Just to answer some questions that were asked in this thread:

Booking: Right now we are currently taking reservations for June 25th on. Like others have stated, the building is still under construction and as of right now that is the projected start date. We'll be living in one of the Durkin cottages from April 9th until the build is complete.

You can find pics and follow the progress of the build on their website and also on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheBreakNarragansett

As far as fishing is concerned, anyone who knows me knows how much I love that stretch of coastline. I grew up fishing JTN with my father before becoming a Gansett fanatic 10 years ago. It is true that the fishing has declined during that time, but like others have stated, it can still be GREAT. You just have to be on the water as much as possible to catch those little epic flurries that make it all worth it. The sunrises in Gansett make up for a lot of those small fish nights, too :)

This is truly a dream job for both of us- we couldn't be more excited. My heart and soul lives within those famous and historical rocks, and I couldn't be happier to finally call Gansett our new home/playground :)

Any other questions feel free to ask. Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes. Tight lines...

Rob

bart
03-21-2014, 09:53 AM
One more thing- if anyone is in NPT, check out the Attwater. Owned and operated by the same company, Lark Hotels, it's currently ranked #3 on TA as "best hotel" in NPT. You can get an idea of what to expect at our location :)

You can also check out the other properties at www.larkhotels.com

Moses
03-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Awesome news Rob and very happy for you & Emily! Sounds like things are good for you and heading in the right direction.

ThrowingTimber
03-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Congrats bro! I wish you both the best!

bart
03-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Awesome news Rob and very happy for you & Emily! Sounds like things are good for you and heading in the right direction.

Crazy what a good woman can do for you.
You should trailer the boat down and stay a couple nights. Just sayin' :)

Thanks, guys

fish4striper
03-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Congrats Rob, best of luck!

keeperreaper
03-22-2014, 05:10 PM
Rob,
Sounds like a great opportunity. Best of luck to you and your girlfriend.

Sundowner
03-22-2014, 06:18 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood!

5/0
03-22-2014, 07:04 PM
Rob, I'm so happy/ proud of you to man.
You and yours are going to be a shoe in,you know that area so well you can point people in the right direction no matter what there looking for.

I wish you to guys the best of luck and look forward to spending the wknd.down there with you both!

Nice job and well deserved Brotha!

5/0
03-22-2014, 07:05 PM
Rob, I'm so happy/ proud of you man.
You and yours are going to be a shoe in,you know the area to point people in the right direction no matter what there looking for.

I wish you guys the best and look forward to spending the wknd.down there with you both.

5/0
03-22-2014, 07:06 PM
You and yours are going to be a shoe in,you know the area to point people in the right direction no matter what there looking for.

I wish you guys the best and luck and forward to spending the wknd.down there with you both.

5/0
03-22-2014, 07:07 PM
You and yours are going to be a shoe in,you know the area so well you know were to point people in the right direction no matter what there looking for.

I wish you guys the best and luck and forward to spending the wknd.down there with you both.

Guppy
03-22-2014, 07:31 PM
Hmmmm must be an echo in here:devil2:

Sounds like a great spot,,, best of luck,, we'll take a look this summer

bart
03-24-2014, 01:24 PM
Bob, thank you so much my friend. Really hope to see you and the family down there. I could finally take you fishing in "my spots" :) same goes for you, Matt.

thanks again guys