View Full Version : Paying Respect to a fallen Brother

Hookedagain
04-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Today myself and about 60 other members of my department went to Boston to pay our final respects to Firefighter Micheal Kennedy. What an amazing job the Boston fire Dept did putting together a perfect tribute to a well respected firefighter. After the ceremony they extended the day over at Florian Hall (Local 718 union hall). When we arrived at the hall the Drop Kick Murphy's were all set up and ready to play. It was a cool tribute to Micheal.

Hookedagain
04-03-2014, 04:56 PM
DKM

spence
04-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Great tribute and show of respect.

I'll never forget carrying my mom out of our burning house (on Christmas day mind you) and the firemen lamenting how long it took to get there…I think it took them like less than 7 minutes. It takes a special breed…

RIP.

-spence

Swimmer
04-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Today myself and about 60 other members of my department went to Boston to pay our final respects to Firefighter Micheal Kennedy. What an amazing job the Boston fire Dept did putting together a perfect tribute to a well respected firefighter. After the ceremony they extended the day over at Florian Hall (Local 718 union hall). When we arrived at the hall the Drop Kick Murphy's were all set up and ready to play. It was a cool tribute to Micheal.

Thank you for your service as well.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

BigFish
04-03-2014, 06:21 PM
I was in my shop and came in for a coffee when the service started......was not planning on watching it but I found myself watching. It was an amazing tribute and the turnout was incredible.

Hookedagain
04-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Larry, the turn out was awesome. 11,000+ in attendance, from all over the world. Australia, England, all over Canada, and all over these United States. I saw Seattle, Cali, Colorado, Texas, Chicago drove a fire truck to Boston, Detroit, New Orleans, Most of the East coast and so many more.

Thanks Swimmer....and you are most welcome.

Nebe
04-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Great tribute and show of respect.

I'll never forget carrying my mom out of our burning house (on Christmas day mind you) and the firemen lamenting how long it took to get there…I think it took them like less than 7 minutes. It takes a special breed…

RIP.

-spence

Wow. I can't imagine...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

FishermanTim
04-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Firefighters are a special breed of HERO!

They will overcome their natural "fight or flight" response and run INTO a burning building when all others head the other way.

You hear a lot of smack about their contracts, closing firestations, and someone "digging" up dirt on others, yet when it comes to getting the job done they are the ONLY ONES you can count on!

God bless you all, and thank you for the difficult job you do!

justplugit
04-04-2014, 01:15 PM
A special breed of men, all heroes in my mind.