View Full Version : Cod Fishing NY - CT line

Fish On
04-03-2014, 11:41 PM
I'm new to this neck of the woods and would like to find a good party boat for cod in the area. Would appreciate any recommendations from the local vets on SB.com.

Thanks!

niko
04-04-2014, 06:26 AM
check out the Viking fleet out on Montauk kieth. thier long range trips look good. I think their cod trips are a winter thing though

Fish On
04-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Thanks Paul. They have quite the website and fleet. I enjoyed reading about all their trips. Seems from the pics that the cod down this way are just not nearly as big as they are up north

The 3 day offshore trips seemed like a great deal for the amount of fishing they provide. Hot showers, heated rails and comfy bunks to boot. I might have to consider the Full Moon Sword and Tuna trip this year. Seems like they book up way in advance though so probably can't wait for the bite to turn on as it'll be sold out long before then. The Tile fishing looked interesting too but I might be a bit too old to reel up a fish from 1000 feet ;-)

I was surprised to see it was a 2 1/2 hour ride to the Montauk from Rye, but I'm sure it would be well worth it. Thanks for the heads up!

MakoMike
04-08-2014, 07:23 AM
I think the Frances fleet out of Pt. Judith runs some cod trips for most of the year.