View Full Version : A real bad trojan

piemma
04-04-2014, 01:56 PM
So yesterday I get an email form USPS saying that they have a package for me. I have been waiting for some parts for one of my chain saws so i click the link in the email and, yup, you guessed it. I got some of the worst trojan infections I have even encountered.

Now, I was in this business and have some of the most sophisticated virus elimination software there is. I could not eradicate it. Embedded itself in several registries. Finally Kapersky did the job but it's a nasty one. Severity level 1 and designed as a password stealer.

Sea Dangles
04-04-2014, 07:35 PM
I hope nobody got pregnant.

spence
04-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Paul, rebuild your machine. There are a lot of bugs that just can't be fixed and you'll never know.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

piemma
04-05-2014, 04:36 AM
Paul, rebuild your machine. There are a lot of bugs that just can't be fixed and you'll never know.

Jeff, that's what I ended up doing.

striperman36
04-05-2014, 08:14 AM
hover over any link to see the content before you launch, it's very nasty out there

piemma
04-05-2014, 08:51 AM
This particular Trojan drops pieces of executables in several non-removable registry entries. I'm good now but it took 4 hours to get all of it.

Raven
04-05-2014, 06:14 PM
hover over any link to see the content before you launch, it's very nasty out there

the most rampant and growing crime
(including identity theft) and the least prosecuted
for PUNY punishment that it's no wonder it's So
out of control....

Every guy knows..............
That a really BAD Trojan is the one that leaked

bloocrab
05-23-2014, 08:25 PM
Another real bad one we recently encountered was a variant of cryptolocker.

We had numerous user accounts who's folders were being held ransom. Asking for bitcoin to obtain the encryption key.

As stated above and in the other email-thread, a lot of bad junk out there right now. Other than changing passwords, that email thing is a tough one. It's even infiltrated strong passwords....I'm talking 10 character, upper, lower, numerical, & symbol combinations. Skumbuckets having a ball at everyone else's expense... :wall::spam:

Raven
05-27-2014, 05:29 AM
locked me up solid

safe mode useless

virus protection didn't prevent it

striperman36
05-27-2014, 01:57 PM
I've created rescue disks for all of my machines, also NAS backups of all meaningful content. I should go cloud for photo backups, haven't done so yet

Nebe
05-27-2014, 03:07 PM
What happens if I open something like that on my Mac?

Raven
05-27-2014, 09:25 PM
you'll have a MAC ATTACK :rotflmao: