View Full Version : Pitchney Slopehead Jr SPECS

pbadad
04-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Making the slopehead jr. Are the dimentions similar to the Conrad Jr? It seems the line tie is lower and lip slot middle. Is there a set angle for the head slope?

numbskull
04-07-2014, 06:00 AM
Turns out I do have one but have not xrayed it.

It is the same body as the conrad jr. I can't see a weight hole and suspect it is maple, but it weighs the same as a conrad Jr (2.50z rigged) and the conrads are often pine with a big weight. It floats the same (level with the water line about 1/8" below the back).

The line tie slot is .25" down. The lip itself is a bit wider than the conrad I have (1.17 vs 1.10) but that is likely not intentional.

The slope angle is roughly 67 degrees. It starts a fraction above the lip slot and ends about 1 1/8" back.

pbadad
04-07-2014, 06:20 AM
Thanks George. As of now i used the same weight hole dimentions and added a 9gr. slug. First one floats w/head under but swims fine. Roll and waggle,goes deep. I will float test the others. Different grade of pine. The first model was a heavy grainy pine piece. The Salty Conrad/ A-jr lip w/sides bent up seems to be close.

ProfessorM
04-07-2014, 06:25 AM
Like G said. Sliver above
The lip to an inch or so back. Other than that same exactly like a reg Jr. I used same exact lip as reg jr too and they swam good
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device